Time to say goodbye to POE playing since 2012 - Hopefully 4.0 brings better!

you can have 10k life + 20k energy shield + mind over matter + 10k of mana
you go get 1 shot, some time....
hc on this game, lol
no fucking way i play this on hc, i dont like to lvl up every fucking time on leagues already, imagine lvlup because you die... jesus no.....and is not because is "unbalanced" i dont think that, is because you need be worry about 31829301831902 things, freeze, poison, burning,bleeding, projects, armour, dodg, some mechanics you don't see, lag, lowfps... play sc, use cast on death and portal gem.... be happy
Last edited by trezorzetto on Oct 16, 2019, 10:40:46 AM
"
smichal52 wrote:
"

2 ~8k ehp with ~1k regen and bone offering is a glass cannon build. My necromancer would be far more viable in hc than yours and mine is also a glass cannon. A real hc build would be like jugg with 8+perm endurance charges, 85% or higher all max res and capped (including chaos), perm 90% phys reduction, perm fortify, at least one forbidden taste or es regain mechanic besides flask/hit/leech/regen, 100% cc immunity that can be negated, bleed or at least corruptes blood immunity, at least 2000 perm regen or overleech, at least 8k ehp that has the full effect of recovery methods, at least 2 mobility skills, phasing on demand, vaal molten shell and molten shell, and a primary ability that doesn't need you to stay rooted to use. Keep in mind, even characters like that WILL get one shot by certain mechanics and GGG WILL nerf your build eventually because they have a vendetta against tanky builds in softcore and they do not care at all about hc.

What he said,
I've made such a Jugg in BLight SC (since I really like tanks), and I've still gotten killed in a few occasions (2-3 times), although if I were more carefull I maybe could have avoided them.

dual Nebulochs, 9 end charges, perma fortify (on main skill) with +50% effect from tree, 50k armour, 7.8k life, 3k/sec+ regen, 2.5k/sec leech, kaom's roots, 1 forbidden taste, 1 lion's roar, and a usual combo of utility/immunities flasks

last but not least, 30k damage bubble from vaal molten shell which I mostly used before legion fights etc...
And mindless spam of normal molten shell with 10k bubble. (Although I stopped using these recently)

Thank your for confirming my reasons to quit, unless 4.0 brings something spectacular to the table that means...slower paced game with more noticeable animations, less effects on screen etc and overall complete overhaul of the mechanics.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Oct 16, 2019, 10:45:14 AM
I have played this game since beta and it was my #1 fave for years and years as a casual player. I quit POE over 3 months ago and this thread confirms why. I check back in occasionally to hopefully hear the game has made changes I might be interested in.

What made me quit was that I only (sadly) enjoy HC gameplay. As a casual player I watched this game get increasing and overly complicated imho. I too tried to get friends and family members involved in this great game to have them look at the tree, look at the gear, have me explain the deep and complicated mechanics, explain defenses etc, look into the forums but EVERYONE speaks in shorthand and new players have ZERO idea what those people are talking bout, they get a little ways in and die, try again die and quit.

This game imho is made now for the top10% that play it. You have to have a math degree to calculate all the gear, trees, resists etc. Thats OK if that was GGG's goal. For me the game got repetitive after dieing to many times and not knowing what hit me and having to run back through the early stages with a new char. Bummer!
"
Phrazz wrote:

Anyhow, no matter how "perfect" your build is in PoE, you CAN die if you make a mistake or if you don't know the mechanics of a boss.

...or if GGG's QA doesn't stop Aul from going invisible and ripping your butthole asunder.

...of if GGG's QA team doesn't tell [one of the Guardians I think? The lightning dude on the Tower that ripped someone in GFL's videos this or last week] to stop doing the Cha-Cha Slide and ripping your butthole asunder with two left stomps...

There's a reason why they're forcing themselves to leave Alt-F4 as an available out and it's because they can't help but tossing bitch damage on everything they can't be bothered balancing. Grim Yawn is boring AF but you won't get blown to bits unless it's YOUR fault (beyond the shit crafting system and hyper-RNG, anyway).
Last edited by LeetbakaDX on Oct 16, 2019, 12:26:26 PM
Honestly the problem here is hc. If you try to get to lvl 95+ in softcore without spamming something or just grinding easy content it is sufficiently similar to hc minus the super rip. I'm gonna have a 95 char this league and I'm doing uber elder, t16 any roll + syndicate, blight maps, etc. I even do delve with my character that is garbage in darkness. If you occasionally die because of bs then you can still play.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

Anyhow, no matter how "perfect" your build is in PoE, you CAN die if you make a mistake or if you don't know the mechanics of a boss.

...or if GGG's QA doesn't stop Aul from going invisible and ripping your butthole asunder.

...of if GGG's QA team doesn't tell [one of the Guardians I think? The lightning dude on the Tower that ripped someone in GFL's videos this or last week] to stop doing the Cha-Cha Slide and ripping your butthole asunder with two left stomps...

There's a reason why they're forcing themselves to leave Alt-F4 as an available out and it's because they can't help but tossing bitch damage on everything they can't be bothered balancing. Grim Yawn is boring AF but you won't get blown to bits unless it's YOUR fault (beyond the shit crafting system and hyper-RNG, anyway).

My man thank you +10 points.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

+1 the game turned into a complete shit
Perfect Build? LUL
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
That is definitely not a perfect build.

The game has it share of BS deaths, no doubt. It is why I don't bother playing HC. I just don't have the time as a casual player. I try to play in an HC style, meaning do everything I can to not die. However, there are just too many BS deaths. I had my first BS death this league in Acid Caverns at level 94. Then quickly had a second in the next map.

I can generally go through the league and do Shaper/Uber Elder with less than 7k health. However it is tricky because of the one shot scenarios even setup well. In HC, on this game, I would not even attempt it without being much higher. It is the hits, you literally don't see coming that get you.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
That is definitely not a perfect build.

The game has it share of BS deaths, no doubt. It is why I don't bother playing HC. I just don't have the time as a casual player. I try to play in an HC style, meaning do everything I can to not die. However, there are just too many BS deaths. I had my first BS death this league in Acid Caverns at level 94. Then quickly had a second in the next map.

I can generally go through the league and do Shaper/Uber Elder with less than 7k health. However it is tricky because of the one shot scenarios even setup well. In HC, on this game, I would not even attempt it without being much higher. It is the hits, you literally don't see coming that get you.

And that has to change in 4.0, or some of the early supporters will surely quit forever, including me 100%!

Ps. @Kripparrian quit the game just for this reason and many other decisions @GGG has made and he was early contributor as well, that provided tons of insights to @GGG staff. I miss him a lot when he covered games like this as well.

Last edited by Farystar on Oct 16, 2019, 4:52:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info