Time to say goodbye to POE playing since 2012 - Hopefully 4.0 brings better!

The problem for this game is that the game speed is too fast that most of time you die in seconds before you can figure out what happened. To make things worse, with too much fancy graphics and visual effects you can not clearly see the hostile traps and ground adds. That's why I avoid melee build in hc play. I am at lv96 with 5k+ Life and 6k+ es in hcssf, boost to 8k es after spirit offering and still feel unsafe sometimes.
Sounds like you're playing HC like an SC player would. You need to learn HC play. HC players don't take undue risks. They don't "try things out". They play it safe.

You weren't.

You're an SC player who thinks they should do just as well at HC if they just build for it. You have to play for it.
This is a troll topic, right? Weird person joking about his perfect HC build with no actual defenses.... If he were serious he'd set his character tab public to prove that his character isn't a joke :)
Since the days of D2, tried HC on and off.
POE servers are better, but to take the chance of dying due to dysnc/lag/& bullshit mechanics really turn off a "casual".

Props to pros that can do it and make it though!
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
I really cannot see the point of playing HC in POE cause this game is too fast-paced.
1 Don't play hc. It's 100% ignored by GGG so they make things that can instantly kill you all the time.

2 ~8k ehp with ~1k regen and bone offering is a glass cannon build. My necromancer would be far more viable in hc than yours and mine is also a glass cannon. A real hc build would be like jugg with 8+perm endurance charges, 85% or higher all max res and capped (including chaos), perm 90% phys reduction, perm fortify, at least one forbidden taste or es regain mechanic besides flask/hit/leech/regen, 100% cc immunity that can be negated, bleed or at least corruptes blood immunity, at least 2000 perm regen or overleech, at least 8k ehp that has the full effect of recovery methods, at least 2 mobility skills, phasing on demand, vaal molten shell and molten shell, and a primary ability that doesn't need you to stay rooted to use. Keep in mind, even characters like that WILL get one shot by certain mechanics and GGG WILL nerf your build eventually because they have a vendetta against tanky builds in softcore and they do not care at all about hc.
Last edited by DemigodParadox on Oct 15, 2019, 10:59:02 PM
"
codetaku wrote:
This is a troll topic, right? Weird person joking about his perfect HC build with no actual defenses.... If he were serious he'd set his character tab public to prove that his character isn't a joke :)

Your defences don't matter if you shred yourself in lightning thorns
Need more brains, exile?
" insane life pool 5,4K with 1 K ES"

Thats not very high at all.

Necromancers are powerful but not particularly dependable. They are rippy.
"
Farystar wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
That boss cast's a lightning shield which proqs on hit.

So it's really not difficult to shred 6.5k hp with 12+ minions all slamming away proqing the dps buff.

Peace,

-Boem-

15 minions. carrion golems on 5 link. In 7,5 years in POE i know my ways around, but am just speachless you take days insane amount of hours and grind into this game, so it takes all that happy moments in fucking second away. Seems fun to me...sure.

After 6 RIps already in this league with more than 10 exalts worth of gear ripped in 1 month of playtime. Yeah seems legit.

Are you sure you want to make the claim you know your way around? No shaper, not ONE of the breachlords, no Uber Atziri, no Grandmasters, not even a Pale Court completion...

I get the appeal of HC, but you have to realize what you're complaining about is the mundane - if that stuff kills you enough to warrant complaints then the more dangerous aspects of end game will always be out of your reach.

It usually takes me a week just to stomach getting through the story arc every league, there's no way I could personally do it all over again just because I made a stupid mistake.

I've never found a build I would classify as "PERFECT" and I've beaten all the major bosses multiple times. That's not to say there are some nigh unkillable setups, but they typically involve insanely expensive and/or legacy gear - but even then that doesn't make them "perfect".
Yep, totally over league play.
That's why you let the minions do the work.
You barely notice the bosses if you build you summoner accordingly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info