Time to say goodbye to POE playing since 2012 - Hopefully 4.0 brings better!

I had 40k ES guardian aurabot build in synthesis, high max resists etc, and at delve 1500, I would still die instantly on most paths.

It's just the way this game is nowadays. Massive spike dmg. You build better, then it throws more at you.

"
I had 40k ES guardian aurabot build in synthesis, high max resists etc, and at delve 1500, I would still die instantly on most paths.

It's just the way this game is nowadays. Massive spike dmg. You build better, then it throws more at you.

I still want Hardcore to be viable no matter what, there should be offc risk playing HC, but not to the extent where you grinded and managed to get your char geared with 10+ exalts worth of gear and to level 95 or above. For example you have put insane amounts of hours into figuring out your build, if they manage to change current state of the game that revolves around few meta builds being OP, than offc you want to feel rewarded by acomplishing something unique and therefor game rewards you to be able to push end game with more ease, but still have to watch out.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
After I've played almost every ARPG on PC since D1 came out I can say for certain that POE is most unbalanced of them all. Never have I ever died this many times to a thing I didn't see or didn't understand well.

This game will always have 1-shot deaths inherited to the way it was developed. You have 2 layers of RNG, one on top of the other, with no restrictions - magic monsters attributes rolling plus the map mods (or delve nod/path mods).

This way you can get magic monster with extra phys damage and critical + 100% extra phys and/or more critical from map and on top of that map curse for lower armor (or mob curses you) - this combo cannot be foreseen, you only control the map mods. The result is ofc instant death.

Feel free to correct me, but this is how I see things in this game. Tried HC once and died to stupid mechanic so I decided to spare myself of further headaches. To clarify, it was my bad call that got me killed but the mechanic in question is so stupid plus the leap skill wouldn't trigger (I did not pick right angle to jump????) so I died to stupid mob after clearing all bosses until that point with ease.

POE is good game, still have things I wanna try out but if it stays in this state in 4.0 I will leave it for sure.

Last edited by Alhanna on Oct 24, 2019, 7:59:59 AM
"
Alhanna wrote:
After I've played almost every ARPG on PC since D1 came out I can say for certain that POE is most unbalanced of them all. Never have I ever died this many times to a thing I didn't see or didn't understand well.

This game will always have 1-shot deaths inherited to the way it was developed. You have 2 layers of RNG, one on top of the other, with no restrictions - magic monsters attributes rolling plus the map mods (or delve nod/path mods).

This way you can get magic monster with extra phys damage and critical + 100% extra phys and/or more critical from map and on top of that map curse for lower armor (or mob curses you) - this combo cannot be foreseen, you only control the map mods. The result is ofc instant death.

Feel free to correct me, but this is how I see things in this game. Tried HC once and died to stupid mechanic so I decided to spare myself of further headaches. To clarify, it was my bad call that got me killed but the mechanic in question is so stupid plus the leap skill wouldn't trigger (I did not pick right angle to jump????) so I died to stupid mob after clearing all bosses until that point with ease.

POE is good game, still have things I wanna try out but if it stays in this state in 4.0 I will leave it for sure.

Bravoo can we get a big round of champagne for this gentleman right here. MY man + 1000 points <3

Ps. best challenge ever in this game is to farm Oni Goroshi...trust me.

@Charan once again for you <3. Did it today just for the sake of being bored :P and paying respect to my beloved friend from far away <3.

Best regards,
Alen !
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Oct 28, 2019, 10:48:27 AM
"
Farystar wrote:
I think game is just bullshit. No matter how perfect build i make i always RIP in HC at Tier 9 or Tier 12 maps.

Level 84 Femur staff of saints 6 sockets 5 linked, insane life pool 5,4K with 1 K ES, arctic armor, Discipline, Bone Armor level 20 skill from ascendancy, enfeeble + Flesh offering on cast when damage taken. Gems were at this level some 23% some 20% with + level from Global ascendancy + femur staff.

Fucking ripped again, now from Tier 9 Promenade bosses like WTF. With 4 Specters + 9 zombies + 2 carrion golems. Stupid unbalanced bullshit.

I will maybe check the state of game in 4.0, but i doubt since you can RIP at level 84 Tier 9 Promenade map (Yeah sure). 6 RIPS already in HC Blight. Fucking wasting time cant make it to endgame as solo player most of the time.

Not trying to shoot you down... I love HC too... but..

Your net E/HP life pool is too low for Necro. Bone armour helps but you have to cast it, making you vulnerable when its down.

CWDT + Enfeeble is not dependable....

You should always aim for 200% increased life minimum from your passive tree. Your life rolls should be high on your gear, and either you're using Belly/Kaoms/Rare (+4-6% max life, 110+ max life). If you're not using this armour, then your build better be tanky.

Here are 3 things I consistently see people dying in HC too (ignoring ascendencies):

- Negative Chaos Res
- Low physical damage reduction (less than 45% at T15)
- One-shot mechanics

2/3 of those are preventable. Or just face the hard truth... GGG doesn't care about HC and forces you to play 1-3 variable builds every league to survive until lvl 95+

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info