[3.14] Spark. Tanky, great clear speed, super fun to play.

"
f1ying wrote:
one question regarding the tree: the (new) pob has no lethal pride but still uses pain attunement. few posts ago it was suggested to drop it to get a free skill point. there is no downside from removing it, right?

That is a mistake, ty for pointing that out. Yes, just remove that. I updated the PoB without it now. Just forgot to remove.
Last edited by 1337fun on Jul 1, 2020, 5:46:44 PM
I understood that the lethal pride cannot have the "Commanded leadership over # warriors under Kiloava Passives in radius are Conquered by the Karui" as its legacy item now - how to get the said mod to the lathal pride now? reroll with divine orbs?

Thanks,
Ixoth
"
ixoth wrote:
I understood that the lethal pride cannot have the "Commanded leadership over # warriors under Kiloava Passives in radius are Conquered by the Karui" as its legacy item now - how to get the said mod to the lathal pride now? reroll with divine orbs?

Thanks,
Ixoth

As i pointed aout at the start of the guide, you don't need the jewel anymore, you take the node on the tree.
Ah OK - thanks for clearing that out to me :)
Hey, I've been playing this build for about a week now and I am feeling not that tanky. My clear speed is very good, only thing to improve that would be move speed, I think, but I get killed fairly frequently, very often to getting one shot. If you could check out my character and let me know what you think or anything to keep in mind for gear upgrades, I would appreciate it! Feel free to add me in game if you prefer.
"
Path4Jesus wrote:
Hey, I've been playing this build for about a week now and I am feeling not that tanky. My clear speed is very good, only thing to improve that would be move speed, I think, but I get killed fairly frequently, very often to getting one shot. If you could check out my character and let me know what you think or anything to keep in mind for gear upgrades, I would appreciate it! Feel free to add me in game if you prefer.

you can save 3 points by removing the 2 strength notes under sanctity and removing pain attunement which allows you to grab another jewel. also all of your rare jewels are missing +%life, not sure if it makes a big difference since i cant see your ehp.
your steelskin and coldsnap got a too high level so cwdt wont cast them.
also it was suggested by BurningBzG to use a threat of hope, which allows you to save even more points.

"
BurningBzG wrote:
PSA: If you use a "very large" Thread of Hope already to allocate Runebinder from the jewel socket left of the Templar to double your attached brand limit, you can also allocate Glancing Blows within that ring.

Good nodes you can also get:

Tireless - 8% life (and 5% node next to it)
Spiritual Command - 8% AS/CS
Precision - Can skip small node
Steel Wood Stance - Don't need especially since Duskdawn's implicit got buffed from 18 to 25, but in case you are subbing a staff it may be good for 6% attack block/armor

just a small sum up from what i got following this threat for some days. so far i didnt see any comment from 1337fun about threat of hope. since i am not the creator of this build, you maybe want to wait for an answer from 1337fun. or just try the suggestions in PoB and see if you get more ehp.
"
f1ying wrote:
you can save 3 points by removing the 2 strength notes under sanctity and removing pain attunement which allows you to grab another jewel. also all of your rare jewels are missing +%life, not sure if it makes a big difference since i cant see your ehp.
also it was suggested by BurningBzG to use a threat of hope, which allows you to save even more points.

Ahh yeah I did not catch that when I switched builds. It's tricky with trying to optimize regrets. In future I would probably just buy enough to remove all points just to make sure I'm optimized in the next build. I swear I stopped levelling those at the right levels, but that's a silly mistake. Switched it up and I will see how it goes now.

Additional question for you/author/anyone. I am having trouble with blight even though the guide says this is an "ez blight" build. If I ever get the blight in maps with more than two paths I struggle to have a problem. I tend to build 1 stun tower near a portal, 1 minion tower not so near a portal, 1 ice wherever it can hit multiple paths and if I need to toward the end I build a meteor tower. Tend to upgrade the ice first then the minion then the stun. Not sure if anyone knows some good resources on blight strats for this build or just in general, but I would appreciate it!
"
Path4Jesus wrote:

Additional question for you/author/anyone. I am having trouble with blight even though the guide says this is an "ez blight" build. If I ever get the blight in maps with more than two paths I struggle to have a problem. I tend to build 1 stun tower near a portal, 1 minion tower not so near a portal, 1 ice wherever it can hit multiple paths and if I need to toward the end I build a meteor tower. Tend to upgrade the ice first then the minion then the stun. Not sure if anyone knows some good resources on blight strats for this build or just in general, but I would appreciate it!

1337fun got a video of a minotaur map linked in the first post, which contains a blight encounter. he doesnt use any towers and just spams spark.
my gear looks worse than yours and i can do blight on t15 maps most of the times. from time to time a boss gets to the pump and kills it. for towers i use freeze and minion most of the time. if the portals got resistance against those i switch other towers in. So far i didnt do any red blight maps just the encounters on red maps.

btw you still got pain attunement allocated on the tree without lethal pride you dont need it.
also the current tree has no nimbleness and crackling speed allocated, which would save you 6 more points. your tree is missing serpent stance which could help you to cap block and get more crit multi. i cant tell you if its worth removing/switching those, thats a case for PoB or 1337fun.

regarding you feeling squishy: it was suggested somewhere to switch HoI with discipline if you need more defense. maybe it helps you as well getting more ehp and survive. beside that you could use a divine on your watchers eye since it got 4% on all rolls and leech roll isnt very high as well. i noticed you are using withering step which you could switch for a stone golem for more hp regen and tanking some dmg. not sure if 100hp/sec make that much of a difference, but for me the stone golem feels better than withering step.

you can also remove the quicksilver flask and replace it with a diamond flask for more crit. you can just use leap slam to move, which gives you fortify and is pretty quick thanks to faster attacks.

as i said in my first post i am no expert for this build i am just summing up what i got from following this topic and playing the build. if you want to be sure wait for an answer from 1337fun.
What about using Glorious Vanity (doryani) to get corrupted soul(dmg split health/shield) and revitalizing lightning (life steal)

Using that we could drop vitality for something else like haste or disc.? Dont have the currency to test it out. any thoughts?

"
f1ying wrote:
"
Path4Jesus wrote:

"
BurningBzG wrote:
PSA: If you use a "very large" Thread of Hope already to allocate Runebinder from the jewel socket left of the Templar to double your attached brand limit, you can also allocate Glancing Blows within that ring.

Good nodes you can also get:

Tireless - 8% life (and 5% node next to it)
Spiritual Command - 8% AS/CS
Precision - Can skip small node
Steel Wood Stance - Don't need especially since Duskdawn's implicit got buffed from 18 to 25, but in case you are subbing a staff it may be good for 6% attack block/armor

just a small sum up from what i got following this threat for some days. so far i didnt see any comment from 1337fun about threat of hope. since i am not the creator of this build, you maybe want to wait for an answer from 1337fun. or just try the suggestions in PoB and see if you get more ehp.

1337fun addressed Thread of Hope on page 12 of this thread, but that was before Glancing Blows was added to the tree making it an even better option to save points.

"
biggunndunn wrote:
What about using Glorious Vanity (doryani) to get corrupted soul(dmg split health/shield) and revitalizing lightning (life steal)

Using that we could drop vitality for something else like haste or disc.? Dont have the currency to test it out. any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure all corrupted soul would do if you had EB on the helm is half the effectiveness of MoM while giving you a larger ES pool. I think this is only feasible if you are substituting a unique body armor.
░▄█▄░▄█▄░░▀▀█░░█░░█░▐░░█░░░█░█░▐░░█▀█░█▀█░█▀▀░▄▀▄░▄▀▄░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
░▀█████▀░░░█░░█▄█░▌█▐░█▄█░░█░▌█▐░░█▄█░█░█░█▀░░░▄▀░░▄▀░▀█████▀░░
░░░▀█▀░░░░█▄▄░█░█░▌░█░█░█░░█░▌░█░░█░░░█▄█░█▄▄░█▄▄░░▄░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Last edited by BurningBzG on Jul 3, 2020, 2:21:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info