[3.8] FACETANK EVERYTHING - COC DISCHARGE, ELDER / SHAPER DOWN

"
Rumblepie wrote:
"
eiffeltornet wrote:
Wasup Rumblepie,

I'm kinda new to poe, started playing cause a friend bet I could not take on shaper, that this game was a pretty hard game. Well I Started playing, beat uber elder and my friend with 3k+ hours was in awe.. I completed everything he had not in less than 250 hours of total POE playtime.

ANywho, I had a shadow to begin with, so I kinda just regret orbed and respecced and changed acendancy.
THe build seems kinda fine, but I am worried my crit chance is kinda low, even though POB shows it at a high level, I kinda wreck everything, but if there are not multiple enemies around I just cant seem to get my crit up. Flasks do help, but on bosses flasks run out.

eiffeltornet is my charachter, I only have one on blight, Abdulgod.

Could u import him to your POB and take a look? I would appreciate it immensely.
I've made sure he is public and can be imorted.

Thanks in advance!
your fellow exile

That is very impressive!

In regards to your build, assuming you are using Brutal Restraint jewel, it would make sense that you are not having the best time, because your chance to hit is very low. Craft 'hits cant be evaded' on your weapon, and you should see an immediate and quite significant improvement.

Indeed Rumble, huge improvement indeed. now it just needs some refinement :)

thanks a bunch dude!
I have a very descent build now, followed the "budget" version weaponwise, the staff just did not cut it, did not crit often enough with the one I had.

My damage can be upgraded though, how? don't know yet :D
WIll have to experiment and find a way.

My APS is 6.8 though, does that affect my damage?
I keep critting and dischargning nonstop, so dont know if it affects my damage or not.

removed the cordination node, attack speed now 6.2
Last edited by eiffeltornet on Oct 14, 2019, 10:55:43 PM
"
eiffeltornet wrote:
I have a very descent build now, followed the "budget" version weaponwise, the staff just did not cut it, did not crit often enough with the one I had.

My damage can be upgraded though, how? don't know yet :D
WIll have to experiment and find a way.

My APS is 6.8 though, does that affect my damage?
I keep critting and dischargning nonstop, so dont know if it affects my damage or not.

Glad the budget guide helped. I suffered with Cospris not critting enough until I figured that out. Looking at your profile, your dagger says 6.3 base crit which is actually kinda low compared to what you can get ( > 8.5), so upping that could help some. More crits = more chance to get 7 charges. Also, where is your cold damage on attack? I see cold for spells on dagger, but the cyclone needs to proc EE with cold attacks (check cyclone tooltip and see if it does cold damage). I think your staff had attack cold damage on it.

On the attack speed, I think your ring adds attack speed on endurance charges, which may be the difference with my build.

Wait... you have CDR on your belt, you don't want the lower aps. You want the higher one in the CoC guide. I have 6.06 because I don't have CDR on my belt. So that is why 6.8 was fine for you. I think the other number is 7.57 or something like that.

I'm pretty sure that the mod on your belt - elemental attack damage has no effect on discharge damage because it is a spell, so a straight up increased damage craft if you have that one might be better there, but I'm not an expert so I'm not 100% on all the mechanics of the game.
Last edited by Dr_Death on Oct 14, 2019, 11:29:58 PM
ques about ur pob

i donno why u sockted intuitive laep jewel on 11'clock

and why painatunement

and ur watcher es gain on hit

is that LL build? only have 1300es on ur pob :P

Last edited by aaow on Oct 15, 2019, 3:47:42 AM
"
Thread Review
ques about ur pob

i donno why u sockted intuitive laep jewel on 11'clock

and why painatunement

and ur watcher es gain on hit

is that LL build? only have 1300es on ur pob :P

Not a LL build. You take pain attunement because with the correct Brutal restraint jewel it turns into "25% more melee Crit."
OK, so I am personally learning ALOT these days lol xD

https://pastebin.com/cH1iAtEA

This is my current build and tree,

I found another dagger, it had higher A.speed. it does not have the same c.chance, nor the same damage added. the latter I can craft, for 1 exalt though.. I do have it, but I am not sure I want to spend it and find out the difference was not huge.

The dagger I have right now is carrion etcher, the one I am thinking of changing to is sorrow impaler. Sorrow impaler gives me SEVEN APS... Though it removes a bit of crit chance, I seem to crit almost as often (hard to tell with all the explosions going on..) and the damage seems the same, so i reckon I will increase my damage if I craft the same prefix.

My build is kinda done, I am just looking for the extra bit to take on uber elder. shaper is no prob. what so ever, though he takes maybe around 4 minutes in total shaper fight time.

Also, flesh and stone, do we prefer a stance over the other, or kinda mix it going along?

My PC is not the greatest, would've loved to record and upload a vid of clearing a map or shaper.

Ok so I took one for the team. I realised I could craft the same spell damage just for a couple chaos.
Tried out the same map, same boss, unaltered. 7 APS was better than 5.7 even though the crit chance is lower. SO I did craft the higher tier spell damage, of course I got super unlucky on the first try wiht 55%, just 2 more than the 53 I had moments before.. so I used another ex, and got super lucky with the highest, 66%.

SO go for higher APS guys, as long as you stay under 7.5 so you can crit reliably.

this is my weapon setup know

https://pastebin.com/UG3G27DX

Last edited by eiffeltornet on Oct 15, 2019, 9:55:20 PM
"
eiffeltornet wrote:

I found another dagger, it had higher A.speed. it does not have the same c.chance, nor the same damage added. the latter I can craft, for 1 exalt though.. I do have it, but I am not sure I want to spend it and find out the difference was not huge.

The dagger I have right now is carrion etcher, the one I am thinking of changing to is sorrow impaler. Sorrow impaler gives me SEVEN APS... Though it removes a bit of crit chance, I seem to crit almost as often (hard to tell with all the explosions going on..) and the damage seems the same, so i reckon I will increase my damage if I craft the same prefix.

My build is kinda done, I am just looking for the extra bit to take on uber elder. shaper is no prob. what so ever, though he takes maybe around 4 minutes in total shaper fight time.

Also, flesh and stone, do we prefer a stance over the other, or kinda mix it going along?

My PC is not the greatest, would've loved to record and upload a vid of clearing a map or shaper.

Ok so I took one for the team. I realised I could craft the same spell damage just for a couple chaos.
Tried out the same map, same boss, unaltered. 7 APS was better than 5.7 even though the crit chance is lower. SO I did craft the higher tier spell damage, of course I got super unlucky on the first try wiht 55%, just 2 more than the 53 I had moments before.. so I used another ex, and got super lucky with the highest, 66%.

SO go for higher APS guys, as long as you stay under 7.5 so you can crit reliably.

It appears that your dagger has fire damage instead of cold damage which means you are nerfing your discharge fire damage you get from the endurance charges. Not sure how the fire damage compares on this build to the lightning, but I think cold damage EE proc is more optimal.

If you want to find out cheaply about how a high crit, high APS weapon will perform in terms of crits and time with 7 power charges up, try out a corrupted mortem morsu unique claw. You can get 8.8 crit and 1.8 aps for maybe 10 chaos (it has +40 global crit multi too, so it's not a bad option for cheap, I was using it until I realized that without the CDR belt, I was over the 6.06 APS limit). It does not have any cold damage tho, so you would need to that on your gloves if you wanted to proc EE.

Last edited by Dr_Death on Oct 16, 2019, 5:09:39 PM
"
Dr_Death wrote:
"
eiffeltornet wrote:

It appears that your dagger has fire damage instead of cold damage which means you are nerfing your discharge fire damage you get from the endurance charges. Not sure how the fire damage compares on this build to the lightning, but I think cold damage EE proc is more optimal.

If you want to find out cheaply about how a high crit, high APS weapon will perform in terms of crits and time with 7 power charges up, try out a corrupted mortem morsu unique claw. You can get 8.8 crit and 1.8 aps for maybe 10 chaos (it has +40 global crit multi too, so it's not a bad option for cheap, I was using it until I realized that without the CDR belt, I was over the 6.06 APS limit). It does not have any cold damage tho, so you would need to that on your gloves if you wanted to proc EE.

will def. try it. right now I actually returned to my staff. but with a different layout. My damage now is the best a.t.m and I am critting reliably.
I was critting almost twice as much with one handed but the damage was still not there, bosswise that is, no mob could handle me anyhow.

So now I can take on shaper with even more ease, and almost facetank the beam. I would need to change my annointment to hematophagy from my vigour. I would leach a bit more life since cyclone actually does do some damage, and also it gives me 30% inc. damage since i would be leaching all the time essentially, DO NOT know how losing an endurance charge will affect me. will have to try it out. will cost over a 100 C to get the oils though haha

https://pastebin.com/xja3K310
This is me now

How important is having the Power Charge as the 7th-Link on staff compared to using the actual gem? If it is important, and putting Energy Leech in, is it okay that the mod line on staff is PCoC LV. 18 instead of 20, or would it simply be better to have a LV.20 gem in staff instead of Energy leech?

Any recommended anoint on amulet? Maybe like 3 recommendations, 1st being the most recommended?

For Precursor's Emblem, which line is more important/better to have, as having both lines recommended is either hard to find at the moment, or just unbelievably expensive?
"
SuperSuper_ wrote:
How important is having the Power Charge as the 7th-Link on staff compared to using the actual gem? If it is important, and putting Energy Leech in, is it okay that the mod line on staff is PCoC LV. 18 instead of 20, or would it simply be better to have a LV.20 gem in staff instead of Energy leech?

Any recommended anoint on amulet? Maybe like 3 recommendations, 1st being the most recommended?

For Precursor's Emblem, which line is more important/better to have, as having both lines recommended is either hard to find at the moment, or just unbelievably expensive?

I am not the expert in this build by no means. But by just looking at the gem, you would be way better of if the staff has the support, even though its 18.

If you are going with leach, I would say Hematophagy. great increase in damage, and you will also leach life while leaching shield.

It is REALLY hard to find a ring with BOTH the mods. I found it once, REALLY expensive, 15 ex... totally overpriced but they are hard to come by to begin with. so you go with the chance of getting maximum charhges if you get a charge.
IF you find at least one ring, it should be more than enough to have only 1 ring with the chance to gain a charge, and both having the chance to get maximum charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info