[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

now with the patchnotes out there are several things to consider, but all those points can be mainly divided into offense and defense:

1. offense
- 50% more poison dmg
- support gems getting hard nerfed
- witchfire losing the dot mod
- cluster jewels losing overall dmg
- chaos multi mod on weapon is now a suffix,
you could now hypothetically craft an elder+hunter claw with

Spoiler
Adds 52(47-72) to 105(98-123) Chaos Damage
+58(51-59)% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison inflicted with this Weapon
93(90-94)% increased Chaos Damage over Time

26(26-27)% increased Attack Speed
+18(16-18)% to Damage over Time Multiplier
+19(18-20)% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier

-> needs some theorizing to come up with a decent crafting strategy, but a claw like that would be juicy

2. defense
- changing the ailment immunity from ascendency for an ailment removal on flask use (not sure about this one, could either be a hard nerf or a non-issue)
- stibnite flask (witchfire) has now 20% more evasion instead of 100% increased
- rumis losing % block and flat armor
- jade flask losing flat and % increased evasion, might go for a basalt flask now with the changed 20% more armor
- quartz flask losing flat dodge/spell dodge
- no curse immunity, only removal now
- vms/ms stays the same, but we are losing second wind (or atleast i dont see a reason to keep it with only 5% reduced recovery at lvl 20)
- movement with whirling blades stays the same (yay)

desperatly waiting on the pob update to look at some numbers :)
"
__FEL__ wrote:
now with the patchnotes out there are several things to consider, but all those points can be mainly divided into offense and defense:

1. offense
- 50% more poison dmg

Spoiler
+58(51-59)% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison inflicted with this Weapon

-> needs some theorizing to come up with a decent crafting strategy, but a claw like that would be juicy

2. defense
- changing the ailment immunity from ascendency for an ailment removal on flask use (not sure about this one, could either be a hard nerf or a non-issue)
- jade flask losing flat and % increased evasion, might go for a basalt flask now with the changed 20% more armor
- vms/ms stays the same, but we are losing second wind (or atleast i dont see a reason to keep it with only 5% reduced recovery at lvl 20)

That elder prefix very well could become a suffix as well.
"
__FEL__ wrote:

1. offense
- 50% more poison dmg

Spoiler

2. defense

all in all build that was so finely tuned is butchered all over xD

How is vms/ms the same? We have lot less armour unless im missing something? Also that impacts Transcendence.
Only thing that comes to my mind atm is to incorporate Grace instead of Malevolence for flat EV and Vaal Grace in times of need.
Watcher's Eye has some useful mods too.

the support gem i will be at least looking at is behead given it only works on strike skills

thoughts on Coralito's Signature changes?
Hoping this works out. Would it be worth it to pivot from Transcedence + Armor to Kintsugi and hardcore dodge.
My benchmark build lost:
-30% damage
-5% dodge
-5% spell dodge
-7% attack block
-5% spell block
-Perma elemental immunity
-Half the armor or close
-Half the molten shell buff
-Mana cost of Pestilent strike increased by 18 to 39

Unaffected:
- Movement skills
- Elemental EHP

Proposed changes for now:
- Switch Vile Toxins for Void Manipulation
- Remove Witchfire brew for a regular Stibnite flask
- Use both "Of Reflexes" and "Or Iron Skin" as jade/stibnite suffixes
- Rare ring now requires despair on hit as a suffix
- If mana cost is an issue, swap an imperial claw to a gemini claw for mana on hit

This is where I'm at. Any other ideas?
Basalt Flask with the new 20% more armour may be useful, as could the new Defiance Banner if it can be squeezed in (49% increased Evasion and Armour, nearby enemies have 29% reduced critical chance, 15% less enemy damage on placing banner).

Played this in 3.13 as my first build. Pushed it to 96 endgame, cleared enough of the challenges to get the hideout, absolutely loved it as someone who had supreme nostalgia for the "Exploding Palm" style Monk from D3 if anyone is familiar. Between screaming "you are already dead" and chugging flasks like the Drunken Master to avoid death. Loved it. Skipped 3.14 due to burnout and other games, and I come back to this.

Don't know enough about the game on a high tier/theorycrafting level, but just reading patch notes, I might have to pour a 40 out for it. Really really hope someone can salvage it, because damn this build was fun
"
CairoOvercoat wrote:
Played this in 3.13 as my first build. Pushed it to 96 endgame, cleared enough of the challenges to get the hideout, absolutely loved it as someone who had supreme nostalgia for the "Exploding Palm" style Monk from D3 if anyone is familiar. Between screaming "you are already dead" and chugging flasks like the Drunken Master to avoid death. Loved it. Skipped 3.14 due to burnout and other games, and I come back to this.

Don't know enough about the game on a high tier/theorycrafting level, but just reading patch notes, I might have to pour a 40 out for it. Really really hope someone can salvage it, because damn this build was fun

It will never be as good. The last two patches cut over half the damage combined. The defenses are still alright though. I rolled it this league but it won't be as good as it was in 3.13. I had over 70mil and if I get 10mil this league I'll be happy.
Arctic Armour will grant Freeze Immunity.
LOOOOOOOOL
Glad i start this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info