[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
blastinMot wrote:
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
oamer wrote:
Why this over elder?

Getting an elder base to craft on is a major pain in the butt. I crafted 3 void fangs last league and I eldered them myself. I had a pretty large graveyard by the end of the league of failed attempts...
There is a new hatvest craft for that though:
"Randomise influence on a weapon item while reforging it".
Not that rare to get that. I currently have 1 for a weapon and 2 for armours.

That is actually true. Randomize influence weapon goes for 10-20c on TFT. So creating an elder void fangs this league would cost a lot less.

The crafting process that i described still gives a much more reliable and from what I can tell, better result.
"
Question for those playing the build this league. How does it feel? Can someone draw a comparison to last league?

I haven't played that much this league. Still on Perfect Form version and medium gear, but my take so far:

League Mechanic
This build is great for the league mechanic, especially with withering step. Small area, lots of monsters, being tanky is good.

Rare weapons
The main issue I think. It is harder to get great weapons. You will use Wasp Nest longer. The dmg increase from the "great weapons" is worse. Last leagues Imperial claw would give my build 1300k dps increase from wasp nest, the void fangs I linked gives 800k.

Swapping weapons to Hunter Void Fangs on last leagues setup takes me from 10 mill dps to 8 mill dps.

Conclusion?
The build is still good, I hope I get the time to set-up Transcendence cluster-jewel, to see how that is. Withering step setup is a lot easier this league, with lab-changes. I personally advice getting it sooner, to free up the links totem-setup uses.

The push from the build being good to great seems longer, and requires a bigger investment.

Still very enjoyable and a strong build, just not as strong as before. Harder to reach Yalpe-levels from 3.13 I think. More buying and less crafting as well.

"
Runtomrask wrote:
"
Question for those playing the build this league. How does it feel? Can someone draw a comparison to last league?

I haven't played that much this league. Still on Perfect Form version and medium gear, but my take so far:

League Mechanic
This build is great for the league mechanic, especially with withering step. Small area, lots of monsters, being tanky is good.

Rare weapons
The main issue I think. It is harder to get great weapons. You will use Wasp Nest longer. The dmg increase from the "great weapons" is worse. Last leagues Imperial claw would give my build 1300k dps increase from wasp nest, the void fangs I linked gives 800k.

Swapping weapons to Hunter Void Fangs on last leagues setup takes me from 10 mill dps to 8 mill dps.

Conclusion?
The build is still good, I hope I get the time to set-up Transcendence cluster-jewel, to see how that is. Withering step setup is a lot easier this league, with lab-changes. I personally advice getting it sooner, to free up the links totem-setup uses.

The push from the build being good to great seems longer, and requires a bigger investment.

Still very enjoyable and a strong build, just not as strong as before. Harder to reach Yalpe-levels from 3.13 I think. More buying and less crafting as well.

If you think that the perfect form verwion is tanky, wait until you try transcendence :P
"
Runtomrask wrote:
Harder to reach Yalpe-levels from 3.13 I think.
Impossible to reach with the changes to the elder claw mod.
"
blastinMot wrote:
"
Runtomrask wrote:
Harder to reach Yalpe-levels from 3.13 I think.
Impossible to reach with the changes to the elder claw mod.

As usefull as this post is BlastinMot, are you sure? Of course, everything is harder with harvest changes, and the elder claw nerf, nerfed builds it really didn't need to nerf, but lets think for a bit.

Theoretically, isn`t the old elder mod a 30% more modifier? And the new elder mod is at max a 29.5% DoT Multi?

If I understand correctly these work fairly similar? But DoT Multi is a bit worse.

Then you also loose the 50% increased Poison dmg, from the prefix. But When you are sitting on 1000% increased poison dmg, this is a pretty small amount.
"
Runtomrask wrote:

TAs usefull as this post is BlastinMot, are you sure? Of course, everything is harder with harvest changes, and the elder claw nerf, nerfed builds it really didn't need to nerf, but lets think for a bit.

Theoretically, isn`t the old elder mod a 30% more modifier? And the new elder mod is at max a 29.5% DoT Multi?

If I understand correctly these work fairly similar? But DoT Multi is a bit worse.

Then you also loose the 50% increased Poison dmg, from the prefix. But When you are sitting on 1000% increased poison dmg, this is a pretty small amount.

It was 60% more (local). Each strike had 60% more from the claw and 30% from the ascendancy (90% total).

Chaos multi is not nearly strong.

Where did you get 1000% increased poison damage from?
"

It was 60% more (local). Each strike had 60% more from the claw and 30% from the ascendancy (90% total).

Chaos multi is not nearly strong.

Where did you get 1000% increased poison damage from?

Just the readout from PoB, with two hunter void fangs.

Last edited by Runtomrask on May 9, 2021, 11:10:27 AM
Its not impossible to get insane gear like we had in 3.13 but its not realistic. The gear wasn't easy to make with old Harvest...
I have pretty garbage gear and I facetank Aul, Sirus, Maven and all that.

They die relatively quickly, so I guess the damage is fine?

I did not play this build last league unfortunately to compare.
The level of power we had last league is pretty much impossible to get now. I even got more currency than last league this time but the prices and availability and usability of harvest have changed significantly. Forget the claws for a second. Having triple elevated mods on all of the rest of the gear is a powerlevel pretty difficult to reach now, even if you combine it with t4 aisling slams as you can only secure 4 good mods, not 6 anymore. That means more suffixes needed for res and stuff most likely, leading to less power overall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info