[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Hi, I thought I would try to contribute to the crafting problem.

I went with a clean Void Fang ilvl 83.
1. Essence of Zeal
2. Annul down to only attack speed.
3. Aug Chaos - Hitting Chaos Damage prefix or Poison damage suffix (Back to step 1 if it hits chaos resist 10% ish chance).
4. Aug Chaos - If I hit the prefix with the previous aug chaos I can still brick (Low chance again), if I hit the suffix I craft some random suffix and 100% get chaos damage.
5. Craft cannot roll attack modifiers.
6. Hunter Exalt slam for 100% chance of Hunter Chaos damage over time mod.
7. Craft Chaos damage multi.
8. Aisling/exalt slam if you feel like it.

This is quite costly, but also very safe. A bit sad I hit tier 4 hunter mod of course.

My first result:

And two questions:
How do you guys calculate the damage from the Hunter chaos damage over time mod? I have so far just done it by setting the mod as "Increased damage over time".
How do you calculate the damage from the new elder poison multi mod? I have done it by just using 50% of the value in pure
"
Runtomrask wrote:

1. Essence of Zeal
3. Aug Chaos - Hitting Chaos Damage prefix or Poison damage suffix (Back to step 1 if it hits chaos resist 10% ish chance).
4. Aug Chaos - If I hit the prefix with the previous aug chaos I can still brick (Low chance again), if I hit the suffix I craft some random suffix and 100% get chaos damage.

This is quite costly, but also very safe. A bit sad I hit tier 4 hunter mod of course.

My first result:

And two questions:
How do you guys calculate the damage from the Hunter chaos damage over time mod? I have so far just done it by setting the mod as "Increased damage over time".
How do you calculate the damage from the new elder poison multi mod? I have done it by just using 50% of the value in pure

For step 3, shouldn't you benchcraft a hybrid chaos res suffix first?
"
dumptruckzzz wrote:
"
Runtomrask wrote:

1. Essence of Zeal

My first result:

And two questions:

If i'm not mistaken, it doesn't matter. You still end up with 1 free suffix.

Very good claw! With cluster jewels damage will actually be nice.
Why this over elder?
"
"
dumptruckzzz wrote:
"
Runtomrask wrote:

1. Essence of Zeal

My first result:

And two questions:

If i'm not mistaken, it doesn't matter. You still end up with 1 free suffix.

Very good claw! With cluster jewels damage will actually be nice.

Correct, the hybrid chaos resist mod does not block chaos resist, unfortunately. Still the chance of hitting the chaos resist mod is 9% from when you only have attack speed on the claw, and 9.7% if you have attack speed and chaos damage prefix. So the chance of failing is low.
Last edited by Runtomrask on May 7, 2021, 10:14:49 AM
"
oamer wrote:
Why this over elder?

My main reason for crafting this instead of elder is that it was a reliable craft.

If you buy the harvest crafts, it costs around 11ex to create this. So it is by no means cheap.

3-4ex per aug chaos.
2ex for hunter orb.
1ex for meta craft.
1ex to create clean attack speed void fangs (I think the avarage cost here is quite a lot cheaper, I just try to not be too optimistic).

Damage:
The damage is very good. From what I can see in PoB the damage is better than almost everything you can craft with an elder claw.

Crafting:
This is a close to guaranteed craft. Yes it costs 11ex, but you have a very slim chance of failing the craft. I would guess about 90% chance of success after getting a clean attack speed void fangs.

Elder issues
The new elder poison multi mod is quite a lot weaker than what we used to have. Since it only affects the poisons inflicted with the weapon it is only 50% of the value displayed from my understanding.

On top of this the poison multi mod on elder claws blocks the poison increase suffix. So you can no longer have both of these. The hunter mod does not block.

Disclaimer
This is just my understanding of how things work though. But it seems to be correct. The fact that PoB does not support either the hunter or elder prefix makes simulation a bit harder, but I try my best.

If your case, with only one weapon, the poison multi mod from elder is of course a lot better than it is when dual wielding.
Gotcha.

My current version of this build can do all content and facetank everything, but the dps is just driving me nuts.

It is by no means weak, just not quite satisfying and does not 1-tap rares in T16+ juiced quite yet.

Any advice on gearing or tree?
"
oamer wrote:
Gotcha.

My current version of this build can do all content and facetank everything, but the dps is just driving me nuts.

It is by no means weak, just not quite satisfying and does not 1-tap rares in T16+ juiced quite yet.

Any advice on gearing or tree?

Get a helm with a suitable enchant and -9 chaos res.

For the normal build versions I'd suggest the following:
Get chaos damage over time on amulet.
Get Gloves with the additional strike mod.
Chaos multi and some attack speed on gloves would also be good.

But with your variant, you probably need the resists on the gloves.
Last edited by blastinMot on May 7, 2021, 12:06:42 PM
"
oamer wrote:
Why this over elder?

Getting an elder base to craft on is a major pain in the butt. I crafted 3 void fangs last league and I eldered them myself. I had a pretty large graveyard by the end of the league of failed attempts...

Question for those playing the build this league. How does it feel? Can someone draw a comparison to last league?
Last edited by Yalpe on May 7, 2021, 6:41:46 PM
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
oamer wrote:
Why this over elder?

Getting an elder base to craft on is a major pain in the butt. I crafted 3 void fangs last league and I eldered them myself. I had a pretty large graveyard by the end of the league of failed attempts...
There is a new harvest craft for that though:
"Randomise influence on a weapon item while reforging it".
Not that rare to get that. I currently have 1 for a weapon and 2 for armours.
Last edited by blastinMot on May 9, 2021, 9:21:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info