[3.9] Ice Nova Hierophant | All Content | Millions+ DPS | Much QoL | Such 11k+ ES and Armor

"
Hello i was considering using this build for doing a deep delve push (1k is my goal). Do you think the defenses of this build would hold up? The play style seems very safe as you can offscreen most mobs and freeze the ones that aren't already dead. Would it be able to be modified for pushing to such deep dephts or is more of a throw yourself at it until you get there and more about playing safe and taking the least dangerous routes. Any help is appreciated!

Yeah, this build is really save for delves generally spoken.

That being said in deeper 1k+ delves you might run accross super juiced mobs with faster movement + onslaught + 'cannot be slowed' modifiers on them.

I think you can certainly go that deep with that build - but do not expect any build to survive some of the absurd mob-mod combinations down there. Sometimes you just have to try a couple of times or path around something really nasty. :)

But yeah, generally this build is really strong for delves. Freezes/Shatters everything, has plenty of damage and both a high life(es) pool and high phys mitigation.
Hi, I'm unable to reserve all the mana auras even with lv 4 enlighten. please enlighten me...

Even if i remove clarity and precision i still can't use zealotry...
"
JuXiang wrote:
Hi, I'm unable to reserve all the mana auras even with lv 4 enlighten. please enlighten me...

Even if i remove clarity and precision i still can't use zealotry...

I shall enlighten you about the talent-tree and its respective mana-reservation-reducing talents! :)

Take those young padawan and you will prosper! :P Also Skyforth.

And if that all isn't enough still consider running clarity and precision at a lower level till your maximum mana is high enough. (clarity and precision do not use a percentage but rather an absolute value which is determined by their respective skillgemlevel - as such their upkeep as a percentage will diminish the higher your absolute manapool is. :))
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 13, 2019, 7:53:24 AM
I wish skyforth wasn't out the roof currently...

but so far I have been playing this build in 3.8 and very slow in dps for my current items...

BUT after getting pledge staff with just 4 links of the blue gems it does well on the basic mobs.

Bosses I still have a bit of a difficult time to complete fast.

If you have a moment to break down what focal points I need into the tree around level 75-80

Other than that... It's honestly a fun build to get that old sorceress diablo 2 feel.

"
Alliances wrote:

but so far I have been playing this build in 3.8 and very slow in dps for my current items...

BUT after getting pledge staff with just 4 links of the blue gems it does well on the basic mobs.

If you have a moment to break down what focal points I need into the tree around level 75-80

Other than that... It's honestly a fun build to get that old sorceress diablo 2 feel.

I don't have time to fully go over the build at the moment but I did notice you have Faster Projectiles as a Frostbolt support. I know from playing the build exclusively last league that Faster Projectiles brings the single target DPS down quite a bit as you don't have Ice Nova that's cast on the same Frostbolt projectile hitting the same enemy as many times as without the FP support. Faster Projectiles is great for garbage clearing but terrible for harder yellow monster let alone bosses. Slower Projectiles will do even more DPS but, for me, was way too slow to be used well in any fight that the bosses will move around. I found the best combination to be to use only Frostbolt along with GMP.
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
Alliances wrote:

I don't have time to fully go over the build at the moment but I did notice you have Faster Projectiles as a Frostbolt support. I know from playing the build exclusively last league that Faster Projectiles brings the single target DPS down quite a bit as you don't have Ice Nova that's cast on the same Frostbolt projectile hitting the same enemy as many times as without the FP support. Faster Projectiles is great for garbage clearing but terrible for harder yellow monster let alone bosses. Slower Projectiles will do even more DPS but, for me, was way too slow to be used well in any fight that the bosses will move around. I found the best combination to be to use only Frostbolt along with GMP.

Thank you for the input.

This should help me in the right direction to really increase the gameplay experience of the build!
I found the Intensity Support gem is way better than concentrated effect, giving better AOE than increased AOE and more damage than Conc Effect, since you always spam that Ice Nova button multiple times on frostbolt
Skyforth is really expensive though, but i think the build still work fine without it
"
ooyaphetsoo wrote:
I found the Intensity Support gem is way better than concentrated effect, giving better AOE than increased AOE and more damage than Conc Effect, since you always spam that Ice Nova button multiple times on frostbolt
Skyforth is really expensive though, but i think the build still work fine without it

Cheers! :)

Till you get Skyforth remember to not put any points towards powercharges. :)
Have you been able to look into the blight oils and see which extra skill point is more beneficial?

"
Alliances wrote:
Have you been able to look into the blight oils and see which extra skill point is more beneficial?

I covered that in the guide I think in the 3.8 update secion.

Generally spoken the build does not need anything really.

Arcane Capacitator is neat, Tranquilty is good, Transcendance seems good defensivly as is Void Barrier, Path of the Savant and Foresight are good nodes as well, Dreamer is decent as is Heartseeker and Truestrike.

There are a lot of really good options. Stuff like Charisma is really good as well to make gearing easier (gets rid of the need for an enlighten).
Harrier gives Movementspeed etc which might be really attractive as well.

I can't possibly list all the nodes that are good. Just import your character into pob and check the node power/hover over them and check how much gain you would get from that specific node. :)

Cheers!
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 15, 2019, 9:34:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info