[3.9] Ice Nova Hierophant | All Content | Millions+ DPS | Much QoL | Such 11k+ ES and Armor

It is fun build, not the fastest clear speed, but satisfying to use frostbolt/ice nova combos. And unlike some other class versions with life, this can get really tanky with all that ES.
I did respec from freezing pulse totem hierophant and I don't regret that, way more fun.
"
aerial wrote:
It is fun build, not the fastest clear speed, but satisfying to use frostbolt/ice nova combos. And unlike some other class versions with life, this can get really tanky with all that ES.
I did respec from freezing pulse totem hierophant and I don't regret that, way more fun.

Awesome to hear! Cheers :)
Morning, Enjoying the build so far. I'm still pretty low level (54) I was wondering and I've looked through the post several times, which ascendancy you'd recommend taking first? I am quite squishy still with 877 ES and 730 life. There isn't a "leveling" build path and being a newer player I've been taking mostly health and ES nods first. As you state the damage is fine but I still feel as if I'm doing something wrong. I went Divine Guidance and I'd be going Sanctuary of Thought next. Wanted to give a Caster/ES build a go since I'm typically a melee mongo player. Appreciate the help if its available, Cheers.
"
Berzzerk08 wrote:
Morning, Enjoying the build so far. I'm still pretty low level (54) I was wondering and I've looked through the post several times, which ascendancy you'd recommend taking first? I am quite squishy still with 877 ES and 730 life. There isn't a "leveling" build path and being a newer player I've been taking mostly health and ES nods first. As you state the damage is fine but I still feel as if I'm doing something wrong. I went Divine Guidance and I'd be going Sanctuary of Thought next. Wanted to give a Caster/ES build a go since I'm typically a melee mongo player. Appreciate the help if its available, Cheers.

Hey! I can't really help you out much without a PoB of your character or at least your character profile set to non-private.

The usual stuff applies when you feel to squishy, I guess: maxing resists, wearing armor + life gear, not going for ES till you can make the switch (ideally with a shavs) to pure ES etc.

Yeah, I didn't write a big leveling guide since they are basically the same for all casters/melees/bow builds. With leveling gear you can even just do whatever and not put *any* point on the talenttree and do fine. (in particular with RoA and MA)

I won't write a big leveling guide, since I would want to do it right: meaning to play it all myself without leveling gear and adjusting things with vendor recipies, available gems etc pp. And that is just way to much work for me right now.

If you open up your charactertab or post a pob of your char I can go over it quickly and offer some insights on the fly though.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Berzzerk08 wrote:

Hey! I can't really help you out much without a PoB of your character or at least your character profile set to non-private.

The usual stuff applies when you feel to squishy, I guess: maxing resists, wearing armor + life gear, not going for ES till you can make the switch (ideally with a shavs) to pure ES etc.

Yeah, I didn't write a big leveling guide since they are basically the same for all casters/melees/bow builds. With leveling gear you can even just do whatever and not put *any* point on the talenttree and do fine. (in particular with RoA and MA)

I won't write a big leveling guide, since I would want to do it right: meaning to play it all myself without leveling gear and adjusting things with vendor recipies, available gems etc pp. And that is just way to much work for me right now.

If you open up your charactertab or post a pob of your char I can go over it quickly and offer some insights on the fly though.

Suh, Was at work all day. Thanks a lot for the reply. Sorry, like I said, newish player. Didn't know my account was even private. I also did a PoB like you asked. https://pastebin.com/0WC6kuuV hopfully it works. Should be able to see whatever you need to.
Last edited by Berzzerk08 on Sep 30, 2019, 8:00:35 PM
Aura question

Trying the gem link for Blood Magic/Enlighten + Haste/Herald of Ice and am I missing something here with the lvl 21 Blood Magic and lvl 4 Enlighten?

Mikelat's aura calculator says 18% reduced reservation + heirophant ascendancy for 10% less = 99% life reserved with lvl 20 Blood Magic and lvl 3 Enlighten.

PoB says nope you need that 21 and 4.

I'm confused at how these are calculated.
Last edited by CricketJam on Oct 1, 2019, 7:11:00 AM
"
CricketJam wrote:
Mikelat's aura calculator says 18% reduced reservation + heirophant ascendancy for 10% less = 99% life reserved with lvl 20 Blood Magic and lvl 3 Enlighten.

PoB says nope you need that 21 and 4.

I'm confused at how these are calculated.
Did you count Memory Vault's 10% penalty?
This is a very nice build, I am really enjoying it! I was able to fit in all the auras with just 1 level 4 enlighten , albeit having to use lower levels of clarity and precision.

It’s very satisfying to play a tanky caster after the occultist nerfs.

Question: what is the reason behind using haste in the build? Can we use dual curse setup for more damage/tankyness for deeper delves?
"
Did you count Memory Vault's 10% penalty?

Oh, I did not. I didn't have skyforth in either. But I still seem to be missing something. The calculator says I can still get away with a lvl 20 blood magic with lvl 4 enlighten.
"
Berzzerk08 wrote:

Suh, Was at work all day. Thanks a lot for the reply. Sorry, like I said, newish player. Didn't know my account was even private. I also did a PoB like you asked. https://pastebin.com/0WC6kuuV hopfully it works. Should be able to see whatever you need to.

Hey! Was able to take a look.

Quality up your armor pieces - for ES builds this matters a lot. Remember to use Betrayal/Hillock to give stuff 28% Quality.

Your Shavs and Skyforth both have super-low rolls as well. (shavs the es roll and skyforth the manaroll). It almost can only get better if you throw a devine at them.

Your Belt is missing both mana and ES on it.

The biggest jump in suvivability that you can have immediatly is the watchers eye with the clarity mod. (over 2kES)

Other then that its mostly just levels, gemlevels etc. :)

But even just with quality on your stuff and a bit of divining you should break through 5kES. The Watchers Eye would take you to over 7k. Getting 20 more levels will propably take you over 9k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info