[3.9] Ice Nova Hierophant | All Content | Millions+ DPS | Much QoL | Such 11k+ ES and Armor

"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Alliances wrote:
Have you been able to look into the blight oils and see which extra skill point is more beneficial?

I covered that in the guide I think in the 3.8 update secion.

Generally spoken the build does not need anything really.

Arcane Capacitator is neat, Tranquilty is good, Transcendance seems good defensivly as is Void Barrier, Path of the Savant and Foresight are good nodes as well, Dreamer is decent as is Heartseeker and Truestrike.

There are a lot of really good options. Stuff like Charisma is really good as well to make gearing easier (gets rid of the need for an enlighten).
Harrier gives Movementspeed etc which might be really attractive as well.

I can't possibly list all the nodes that are good. Just import your character into pob and check the node power/hover over them and check how much gain you would get from that specific node. :)

Cheers!

I currently made the dreamer and just dawned on me that it was the skill tree the oils were creating...

The first one that interested me was Arcane Capacitor... currently just farming my ass off for the boots haha
Thank you for this build, I am having a lot of fun on this build.

Just wondering should we get another jew slot and use timeless jew?

This is my setup btw :D
"
ripslyme00 wrote:
Thank you for this build, I am having a lot of fun on this build.

Just wondering should we get another jew slot and use timeless jew?

This is my setup btw :D

As long as you are not in the third reich is see no problems with going for more jews. :P

Jokes aside - I do not know of a good timeless jewel number that would fit somewhere in the build perfectly. If you get a really great one with tons of spellcrit multi or stuff like that I guess it could be worth it.

Any leveling guide? this can be a starter?
"

No leveling guide; I am to lazy to write one. It is just the same stuff anyhoo. You can take whatever leveling guide you want, really.

I think this is not the best starter, no. Anything with a Shavs is propably not a good starter.
Isn't it worth to get some fire damage to spells somewhere, to get "enemies ignited by you during flask effect take 10% increased damage", from cinderswallow urn? Just ring with open preffix and "add x to y fire damage" craft, increases damage by 10% more in pob if you tick "enemy is ignited".

Another thing, about anointment: counterweight, 60% crit chance + 30% crit multi, I'm getting more dps from this than from any other node, pretty good option, and it is relatively cheap 1 silver oil.
Last edited by aerial on Sep 23, 2019, 12:07:34 PM
"

I think it’s fine as a starter. You can get a Shavs for 60c or less the first week of league. I play maybe 2 hrs/day and had all the armor gear, including Skyforth, within 2 weeks. That said, I found the build quite squishy until ES was above 6k. Chaos damage will wreck you even with the Shavs. Temple runs were quite painful for some time. YMMV...
Getting ES above 7k seems rather spendy as well. Of course you will have little problem offensively, but even with the armor, this isn’t a tanky build by any means. It’ll clear mid tier maps really fast though.
Beyond that, there’s some skill and high-end gear checking involved IMO.
Last edited by Wootie on Sep 24, 2019, 12:52:06 AM
Thank you for the build. Really enjoying it.

Some notes from my side:

Went for fire dmg enchant on boots to profit from cinderswallow.

Druidic rite anointment for some flask qol and additional mana (1 golden oil though)

Ethereal Feast is not needed imo (cause we're starving points)
Last edited by Kirbek on Sep 24, 2019, 10:57:41 AM
Few more of my findings while gearing this build:

- for cinderswallow urn ignite proc, easiest is ring preffix craft "adds xx fire damage", if it doesn't list attack or spell it means it adds to spells too, and it works you can see green flames on enemis. So just open preffix on rare ring and craft that
- cheap way to get 2 auras resrved on life (haste+herald) is to get +1 gems corrupted gloves. Espetially early league some random all resist +1 corrupt gloves will be significantly cheaper than level 4 empower + 21 blood magic, and result is the same, auras are boosted. If you have such mod on gloves, going level 4 empower is pretty much pointless
- getting arcane surge level 1 linked to flame dash is worth considering. Otherwise only way to get aliment immunity is to hit enemy with spell. If we for example open strongbox few seconds after killing last pack, we wont have surge and we can get frozen. Ability to proc immunity without enemies around is pretty handy. I'd even trade golem for this.
- shaper gloves + astramentis is good combo. It gives us ton of es, while costing only little bit of mana, also opens more rolls on rings, because with these gloves stat like str grant es and mana, so 50str on rings is as good as int. Gloves can give even up to 1k es in proper setup. Also it is easy to get corrupted ones because its trash drop from shaper and ppl are corrupting them a lot, so getting one with curse is nice option instead of shaper ring. Maxing resist with shaper's touch gloves is still easy, I;ve managed to cap resist with those and headhunter at same time. With rare belt it should be no problem at all.
- curse corruption on gloves instead of assassins mark ring. We generate charges from skyforth, which means we can use other curse such as ele weakness, of even enfeeble if you want be tankier. Damage gain is pretty minor so defensive option is viable.
- as mentioned in guide even 4+2 link shavs is enough, but even if you swim in currency, getting 6l over 5l doesn't make much sense. You gain 1% dps by using level 21 precision vs level 1, so thers is that upgrade, but there is no sense in running high level of clarity. Build has 500 mana per second, extra 30 from clarity is insignificant. So I would just socket clarity in 6th socket of shavs and keep it at level 1. Only reason to use it is watchers eye bonus.
- swapping atziri flask for blue flask with 100% armor suffix is decent alternative. We have tons of flat armor for memory vault helm, and such flask mod nearly doubles it.
Last edited by aerial on Sep 25, 2019, 12:50:46 PM
"
aerial wrote:
Few more of my findings while gearing this build:

- for cinderswallow urn ignite proc, easiest is ring preffix craft "adds xx fire damage", if it doesn't list attack or spell it means it adds to spells too, and it works you can see green flames on enemis. So just open preffix on rare ring and craft that
- cheap way to get 2 auras resrved on life (haste+herald) is to get +1 gems corrupted gloves. Espetially early league some random all resist +1 corrupt gloves will be significantly cheaper than level 4 empower + 21 blood magic, and result is the same, auras are boosted. If you have such mod on gloves, going level 4 empower is pretty much pointless
- getting arcane surge level 1 linked to flame dash is worth considering. Otherwise only way to get aliment immunity is to hit enemy with spell. If we for example open strongbox few seconds after killing last pack, we wont have surge and we can get frozen. Ability to proc immunity without enemies around is pretty handy. I'd even trade golem for this.
- shaper gloves + astramentis is good combo. It gives us ton of es, while costing only little bit of mana, also opens more rolls on rings, because with these gloves stat like str grant es and mana, so 50str on rings is as good as int. Gloves can give even up to 1k es in proper setup. Also it is easy to get corrupted ones because its trash drop from shaper and ppl are corrupting them a lot, so getting one with curse is nice option instead of shaper ring. Maxing resist with shaper's touch gloves is still easy, I;ve managed to cap resist with those and headhunter at same time. With rare belt it should be no problem at all.
- curse corruption on gloves instead of assassins mark ring. We generate charges from skyforth, which means we can use other curse such as ele weakness, of even enfeeble if you want be tankier. Damage gain is pretty minor so defensive option is viable.
- as mentioned in guide even 4+2 link shavs is enough, but even if you swim in currency, getting 6l over 5l doesn't make much sense. You gain 1% dps by using level 21 precision vs level 1, so thers is that upgrade, but there is no sense in running high level of clarity. Build has 500 mana per second, extra 30 from clarity is insignificant. So I would just socket clarity in 6th socket of shavs and keep it at level 1. Only reason to use it is watchers eye bonus.
- swapping atziri flask for blue flask with 100% armor suffix is decent alternative. We have tons of flat armor for memory vault helm, and such flask mod nearly doubles it.

Cheers! :) Hope you have fun and everything :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info