[3.9] Ice Nova Hierophant | All Content | Millions+ DPS | Much QoL | Such 11k+ ES and Armor

Updated the Buildguide for 3.8 :)

"
During 5 Emblem fight is there a reason you didn't use Vaal Ice Nova?
I always use it against monoliths...

I have no idea why YT_HB did not. I think he only recently aquired the Vaal Gem and wasn't used to useing it. ^^'

You are absolutely right though - vaal nova totally craps all over tightly packed mobs. :)
"

No, no reason at all. I could have popped it here and there but didn't. I could do another video using it I suppose.
"
YT_HB wrote:
"

No, no reason at all. I could have popped it here and there but didn't. I could do another video using it I suppose.

Yes :P
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 4, 2019, 3:44:47 PM
"
Doesn't even look like we are limited by Ice Nova either LOL

You can use other skills, but the very nice thing is with this setup (FB/IN) is that you can move while your Ice Novas are still exploding because they're exploding on the Frost Bolts that are moving away from you. When you're casting only one skill, you're stuck in place until you're finished casting. I've used other skills such as Glacial Cascade, etc., and even Frost Wall and they all work but feel really bad. Other skill combos might work though that cast on another one, but using only a single skill feels cumbersome and slow.
"
Build seems very cheap.
a Shavs + Skyforth

Of course you gotta 6L pledge.

Stack mana gets you ES
Low life gets more auras + pain attunement
Extra damage and regen from arcane surge you don't even need to cast
Extra damage for stacking mana?
More area effect if we leave some mana open for MOM defense?
immunity to elemental ailments if we have arcane surge?

Doesn't even look like we are limited by Ice Nova either LOL

It is kinda cheap since it uses mostly uniques in slots that are usually very expensive otherwise (weapons and 6links in general).

I would not play this with any other skill but Ice Nova. There is a reason I went for this skill which is explained in the guide. Every other skill but icenova cast on frostbolts will lock you in place for quite some time. Not that cool.
Question: why not take Pursuit of Faith over Arcane Blessing? The 6% increased damage per enemy killed recently can be rather OP, it becomes 200-300% in regular mapping and can reach a few thousands when you use Vaal Ice Nova against Legion monoliths. You can easily gain Arcane Surge with Flame Dash.
"
scytheavatar wrote:
Question: why not take Pursuit of Faith over Arcane Blessing? The 6% increased damage per enemy killed recently can be rather OP, it becomes 200-300% in regular mapping and can reach a few thousands when you use Vaal Ice Nova against Legion monoliths. You can easily gain Arcane Surge with Flame Dash.

With Arcane Blessing you become immune to elemental ailments for the most part which is huge QoL. You also get straight up 10% MORE damage from arcane surge no matter how many monsters are killed which especially comes into play when bossing. No way I'd take a chance to get 200% increased damage (assuming you kill 33.3 monsters every 4 seconds) over 10% more damage at all times and ele ailment immunity.
"
scytheavatar wrote:

Arcane Blessing makes us Immune to Elemental Ailments. This is huge. Shock and Freeze are incredibly dangerous when you go into deeper delves etc. This way you can use all your flaskslots for more damage, movement or other utility which is usefull and powerful in all situations.

The Damage you get from Pursuit of Faith is active for 4 seconds - and only after you kill something. So it is inherently useless when doing bosses.
This means you only ever get anything even remotly consistent out of it when mapping - where we oneshot everything all the time anyhow. Getting more damage is only useful if you can make use of it against enemies that dont die instantly.
In the OP you can see a video of a t15 map done with level 16 gems (and at level 76) - the build just rolls over everything you meet in the map.

So the tl;dr is: Arcane Blessing is more useful in this build overall. :)
Build looks very solid. Love the playstyle of ice nova + frostbolt a lot and will for sure make this build at some point in blight. If i am able to get the items early i might even do it as a second build.
In the pob it looks like you only reserve half of your life and mana but i assume that cause of the PoB bug you mentioned.
On another note do you have any idea on what timeless jewels might be worth running? Off the top of my head the double block jewel seems like a nice boost in defence coupled with a rumis.
Looks like a really solid and can't wait to try it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info