[3.9] Ice Nova Hierophant | All Content | Millions+ DPS | Much QoL | Such 11k+ ES and Armor

"
Build looks very solid. Love the playstyle of ice nova + frostbolt a lot and will for sure make this build at some point in blight. If i am able to get the items early i might even do it as a second build.
In the pob it looks like you only reserve half of your life and mana but i assume that cause of the PoB bug you mentioned.
On another note do you have any idea on what timeless jewels might be worth running? Off the top of my head the double block jewel seems like a nice boost in defence coupled with a rumis.
Looks like a really solid and can't wait to try it out.

Cheers! :)

Yeah, the PoB is just really buggy right now - need to wait for a patch. :( In reality you usually tend to reserve almost all mana and life. If you wanna check the upkeep stuff take a look at the 3.7 pob link.

I experimented a bit with timeless jewels but none of the keystone changes really convinced me if I am quite honest. Most of those are not all that great for caster I gotta say.

Other then that? I mean - yeah, if you find some ungodly timeless jewel that gives you all the cool stuff because RNG favours you? Sure, go for one. But in general I found them not to be a thing that significantly improves the build. Build does just fine without any of that. :)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 6, 2019, 4:01:26 PM
Is this build any good for a starter in this league I mean is it decent / okay or just too expensive? or if you can get the gear in some time invested and not too long for a starter? Anyone pretty please tell me.
Last edited by fichi on Sep 6, 2019, 7:21:10 PM
"

Before even considering the cost have tried the two skills frostbolt + Ice Nova together?
It's a different playstyle than you generally see in POE and if you don't like it make that determination early.

You need a Shavs/Skyform and 6L pledge
no need to 6l the shavs so several exalts but you get a very nice build that is rare to see anymore a self-cast spellcaster.

Well its this or sunder for my league starter and this seems more fun so, but what do you mean diffrent? spam 2 skills instead of 1 skill for clear or that you wait for the frostbolt to hit stuff / use skill to fall back and kite with it + using nova at the same time or what do you really mean?
Last edited by fichi on Sep 6, 2019, 7:26:39 PM
can i league start with this build?
Doesn't Skyforth make Zealot's Oath useless?

Edit: Nvm didn't notice I added it in PoB myself by accident.
Last edited by ShadowSorcerer on Sep 7, 2019, 12:20:47 AM
"
Doesn't Skyforth make Zealot's Oath useless?

Yes. That's why it's not in the linked PoB or skill tree.
"
fichi wrote:
Is this build any good for a starter in this league I mean is it decent / okay or just too expensive? or if you can get the gear in some time invested and not too long for a starter? Anyone pretty please tell me.

If you have to ask that question I recon you should propably play something else as a leagestarter?

Don't get me wrong - Frostbolt/Icenova works as soon as you get the skills - and as Templar you get all the frostskills iirc.

What you should know yourself though is to early on play life + armor - take a couple life nodes - take MoM (which lies directly on our pathing anyhow) before you reserve your mana away.
Then there is always the transition you need to do to go ES - to path for some sort of recovery/leech when you do so.

Basically the thing every ES caster needs to do when leveling, right? But I am not going over that for 10th million time when it is kinda the staple in every levelling guide ever.

Pledge doesn't need to be six-linked from the getgo. It works just fine into high yellow/lower red maps with a 5link.
"
fichi wrote:
"

Before even considering the cost have tried the two skills frostbolt + Ice Nova together?
It's a different playstyle than you generally see in POE and if you don't like it make that determination early.

You need a Shavs/Skyform and 6L pledge
no need to 6l the shavs so several exalts but you get a very nice build that is rare to see anymore a self-cast spellcaster.

Well its this or sunder for my league starter and this seems more fun so, but what do you mean diffrent? spam 2 skills instead of 1 skill for clear or that you wait for the frostbolt to hit stuff / use skill to fall back and kite with it + using nova at the same time or what do you really mean?

It plays essentially a bit like Essence Drain? But instead of an big area you shoot a projectilve into you shoot projectiles on which you place your big areas.

I personally like skillinteractions and stuff like that, but make sure you do too. :)
This build seems very fun so thats why im going for it but
how do you survive before you have alot of energy shield / have transistioned to energy shield. The enegy leech thing is also end of the build right?

What gems do you focus on having while you only have 5 socket staff / armor?

Well thanks in advance from the noob //Fichi
Last edited by fichi on Sep 7, 2019, 9:21:22 AM
hello! i started this build yesterday, are you going to update this more? please :) this is my 2nd league and i need a 100% complete guide ;D.

thanks a lot, incredible build !
Last edited by _SoUtH_ on Sep 7, 2019, 9:42:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info