[3.9] Ice Nova Hierophant | All Content | Millions+ DPS | Much QoL | Such 11k+ ES and Armor

"
vchintada wrote:
This is a very nice build, I am really enjoying it! I was able to fit in all the auras with just 1 level 4 enlighten , albeit having to use lower levels of clarity and precision.

It’s very satisfying to play a tanky caster after the occultist nerfs.

Question: what is the reason behind using haste in the build? Can we use dual curse setup for more damage/tankyness for deeper delves?

Thank you!

Yeah, Occultist got shafted for no reason. :( GGG derped out with Delve ES crafts and the implicits from Synthesis on the high end of the spectrum and occultist got (who got played a lot due to the new chaos spells) hit by the nerf hammer.

Currently occultist is kinda not playable for most more standard builds, especially compared to the Hierophant. Oh well.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Oct 1, 2019, 2:23:26 PM
Love this build. Just got to 72 and can use my lvl 21 ice nova.

Still cant use all the auras. Think i might need lvl 4 enlighten ?

https://pastebin.com/5u8TZgkF

Any comments on what to go next would be great :)

What oils do you ppl use ?
Last edited by mortenaa on Oct 2, 2019, 5:23:53 AM
"
mortenaa wrote:
Love this build. Just got to 72 and can use my lvl 21 ice nova.

Still cant use all the auras. Think i might need lvl 4 enlighten ?

https://pastebin.com/5u8TZgkF

Any comments on what to go next would be great :)

What oils do you ppl use ?

Cheers!

I think Soul of Steel is the best choice for almost all builds - but really frikken expensive at 3 golden oils.

Yeah, level 4 Enlighten might be needed! You can always grab Charisma via Oil instead of an enlighten though. Keep that in mind. :)
Great build. I've just put down about 40ex and I'm approaching what feels like a glass sealing with the items since next on the agenda is pretty much gg items. I am breezing through T16 maps but I feel like I lack a little bit in boss damage. So I have some questions about damage:

1. Is it worth getting some elemental damage/cold damage to spells/cast speed also or is crit always prio? Like for instance, would it be better or worse to craft a ring with opal base instead of diamond base?

2. The 40% ice nova damage enchant for helmet is really expensive right now and I haven't even been able to find memory vault with any ice nova enchant for sale. How much of a difference does that enchant make? Is it worth crafting a rare helmet with that enchant or is memory vault too vital to the build to give up on?
"
N333mo wrote:
1. Is it worth getting some elemental damage/cold damage to spells/cast speed also or is crit always prio? Like for instance, would it be better or worse to craft a ring with opal base instead of diamond base?

It depends on your current gear and stats. Because of that, it's best to test that in PoB to see for yourself with your current gear. I'm sure that one diamond and one opal will be fine most of the time. You could also get a crit roll on an ele ring as well which would be a good combination. I just chose those rings because it's what I could get my hands on at the time that worked with the gear I was using at that time.

"
N333mo wrote:
2. The 40% ice nova damage enchant for helmet is really expensive right now and I haven't even been able to find memory vault with any ice nova enchant for sale. How much of a difference does that enchant make? Is it worth crafting a rare helmet with that enchant or is memory vault too vital to the build to give up on?

I highly suggest prioritizing the helm instead of the enchant. The enchant isn't required but IMO the helmet is what makes the build sing when it comes to tankiness and survivability.
Heya, i am thinking about of give this build a try(cause i alrdy played a build with ice nova & frostbold, and i loved it).

But what i could need are some tipps where i should go first or what should be priority #1, #2, and so on for passive tree.Can´t find any level steps in PoB. ^^
And maybe some general level tipps would be nice too.

Regards!
Thanks for the help with the damage questions. Since then I've managed to sneak in this bad boy (https://imgur.com/a/tdrCZ0t) into the build. When my divines stop giving me the business and I unlock the damage mod lvl 3 from Jun that little fellow will give 80% increased cold damage. According to PoB that would raise the DPS by 19.3%. I've also anointed my amulet with tranquility which also gave a nice boost in dps. Now I can almost kill T16 bosses in one "wave".

The only real downside with this build tho is how tight it is when it comes to caping res and getting enough dex and str for gems. To implement the belt into the build I really had to crunch the numbers to make it work. By getting an eye jewel with "to all res%" I could just barely cap lightning res with only belt and gloves which made it possible to cap fire and cold res and get a high dex roll while using a diamond base on my "support" ring. The problem tho is that I still need to waste a suffix on my shaped ring for str which removes some extra damage potential.
Please keep the build updated. It looks like a blast. Definitely going to give the build a try!
"
N333mo wrote:
Thanks for the help with the damage questions. Since then I've managed to sneak in this bad boy (https://imgur.com/a/tdrCZ0t) into the build. When my divines stop giving me the business and I unlock the damage mod lvl 3 from Jun that little fellow will give 80% increased cold damage. According to PoB that would raise the DPS by 19.3%. I've also anointed my amulet with tranquility which also gave a nice boost in dps. Now I can almost kill T16 bosses in one "wave".

The only real downside with this build tho is how tight it is when it comes to caping res and getting enough dex and str for gems. To implement the belt into the build I really had to crunch the numbers to make it work. By getting an eye jewel with "to all res%" I could just barely cap lightning res with only belt and gloves which made it possible to cap fire and cold res and get a high dex roll while using a diamond base on my "support" ring. The problem tho is that I still need to waste a suffix on my shaped ring for str which removes some extra damage potential.

Well, I think there is no build in the game that doesn't invest in some stats on some of its gear in one way or another. ^^'

If you want to, you can use an Astramentis and Shapers Touch Gloves instead - this also gives you quite some mana and ES and all the stats you could want. But then you would have another rare slot (gloves) given up for a unique without resistances. So - dunno? It feels like this is pretty normal overall.

Besides - you are killing t16 Guardians in a couple seconds already. At this kind of level things inevitably become very tight. :)
"
Please keep the build updated. It looks like a blast. Definitely going to give the build a try!

It is updated? :o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info