New Ryzen 3700x upgrade 3 times worse performance?

"
gamer64 wrote:
A format fixed my issue, guess I had conflicting drivers or a corruption of some sort.

Good to hear you testing performance in high tier maps ?

might try another fresh install of windows :(
I'll never use AMD processors ever again. Intel never quits on me, it might throttle to save itself in very very very rare dire circumstances, whereas the AMD will just keep going then crash if it can't handle it. I've learned over the years, buying cheap shit results in cheap shit.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"
Iamod wrote:
I'll never use AMD processors ever again. Intel never quits on me, it might throttle to save itself in very very very rare dire circumstances, whereas the AMD will just keep going then crash if it can't handle it. I've learned over the years, buying cheap shit results in cheap shit.

I like AMD really much, but I'm using Intel too. There is too many problems with AMD, since ~2012. Intel is just better for gaming.
"
Fjotler wrote:
I like AMD really much, but I'm using Intel too. There is too many problems with AMD, since ~2012. Intel is just better for gaming.

Intel has been better for game for far longer than that, but that is changing (and both sides have issues with drivers)
This new stuff from AMD is just about neck'a'neck with intel and will likely surpass it (already is in some cases), now OP dose not mention his mobo, while you can use the new CPU in older boards, it not really recommended and the new ones will boost performance by a bit.(some tidbits, intel internal memo stating that AMD are a credible threat, and more recently that they will have no come back to the 7nm processors until 2021)

Also, with this being new it's likely fall victim to limited testing, i'm sure AMD has tested with a shit ton of stuff but as soon as it is released it is subjected to millions of hours of additional testing on systems that are widely varied with software and updates that are all over the place.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Do you have Windows WHEA errors from the Nvidia driver? They would be in the system error logs...
https://www.techpowerup.com/257514/amd-agesa-1-0-0-3aba-buggy-company-pulls-it-from-motherboard-vendors
AMD AGESA 1.0.0.3ABA Buggy, Company Pulls it from Motherboard Vendors

maybe helping to fix this problem?
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Last edited by Besovskii on Jul 19, 2019, 6:21:12 AM
"
Iamod wrote:

I'm sure amd cpus throttle too if the temps get too high they are pros and cons to both venders and calling AMD cheap shit is completely wrong just go watch/read any reviews of the 3000's.

I've always had intel and a long the way I've had a less reliable CPUS its just how it goes not to mention you might have been blaming the CPU wrongly for the crash's like this situation we have here we don't know if its the 3700x making poe run bad for us, the game or just some random bug on the users side like a bad driver or conflicting software that's just how pc gaming goes.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Fjotler wrote:

Intel has been better for game for far longer than that, but that is changing (and both sides have issues with drivers)
This new stuff from AMD is just about neck'a'neck with intel and will likely surpass it (already is in some cases), now OP dose not mention his mobo, while you can use the new CPU in older boards, it not really recommended and the new ones will boost performance by a bit.(some tidbits, intel internal memo stating that AMD are a credible threat, and more recently that they will have no come back to the 7nm processors until 2021)

Also, with this being new it's likely fall victim to limited testing, i'm sure AMD has tested with a shit ton of stuff but as soon as it is released it is subjected to millions of hours of additional testing on systems that are widely varied with software and updates that are all over the place.

On the topic of the older boards reviewers have tested benchmark vs the newer x570 and saw little to no loss in performance in fact many recommend not wasting money on the x570 unless you wanted pcie4 as that's mostly what you was paying for.

"
Besovskii wrote:
https://www.techpowerup.com/257514/amd-agesa-1-0-0-3aba-buggy-company-pulls-it-from-motherboard-vendors

MSI must have done the same I'm on the 7B86v19 and its no longer there to download but I had this issue on the on 7B86v18 too.
Last edited by JesusBigDick on Jul 19, 2019, 10:00:12 AM
"
Besovskii wrote:

Just download distiny to see if the 7B86v19 was a pulled fix it was not so I have no idea why MSI had the 7B86v19 up for download but now its gone.
"
Rexeos wrote:
In the end it seems problem is in the Ryzens instruction called RdRand which should generate random values for various purposes. Problem is that RdRand returns constant value (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) instead of random. In "carry" result cpu says this result is valid (random).

There should be bios fix released soon and flash of BIOS will be needed. Fix should be available in few days.

Any word if the fix is out yet for those who are still having issues? Is it a widespread issue?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info