New Ryzen 3700x upgrade 3 times worse performance?

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
In the end it seems problem is in the Ryzens instruction called RdRand which should generate random values for various purposes. Problem is that RdRand returns constant value (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) instead of random. In "carry" result cpu says this result is valid (random).

There should be bios fix released soon and flash of BIOS will be needed. Fix should be available in few days.

Any word if the fix is out yet for those who are still having issues? Is it a widespread issue?

A fix is coming for that issues but the poe dev here said they had no issues with their 3700x so it shouldn't be whats making our game run bad.
"
JesusBigDick wrote:
"
Iamod wrote:
I'll never use AMD processors ever again. Intel never quits on me, it might throttle to save itself in very very very rare dire circumstances, whereas the AMD will just keep going then crash if it can't handle it. I've learned over the years, buying cheap shit results in cheap shit.

I'm sure amd cpus throttle too if the temps get too high they are pros and cons to both venders and calling AMD cheap shit is completely wrong just go watch/read any reviews of the 3000's.

I've always had intel and a long the way I've had a less reliable CPUS its just how it goes not to mention you might have been blaming the CPU wrongly for the crash's like this situation we have here we don't know if its the 3700x making poe run bad for us, the game or just some random bug on the users side like a bad driver or conflicting software that's just how pc gaming goes.

Not all stuff is shit from them, but as the years have gone by, I've seen Intel outshine AMD toe to toe with equivalent products. It could be because the actual product was made better, or had more testing, or a better team.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
I had some issues running PoE on my new build (Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700 XT). After some effort I've resolved it so the game is playable at least. The issue for me was the graphics driver software (Radeon Control Center or whatever it's called.)

The issue:
When alt-tabbing or randomly, often within 1 minute of loading the game, the GPU driver would crash (both screens turned black) then restore. PoE would become a black screen. Sometimes there were dialogs with cryptic error messages visible and sometimes nothing (although I'm pretty sure they were still there as trying to interact with the PoE window produced the sound Windows makes when you're trying to ignore a foreground dialog). I highly doubt there was a problem with PoE in this case because it was also happening with Dota 2 although PoE crashed a lot more frequently.

When it did work, I was receiving what I felt was abnormally low FPS and constant stuttering. (~90fps in Epilogue town & maybe 120 in hideout/maps, dropping to 30 in solo mapping sometimes.) Things that made the crashing worse included:

* Running in full screen exclusive mode
* Alt-tabbing
* Enabling FreeSync
* Any kind of overlay.

The fix was to wipe the graphics drivers & install driver only (no AMD software.)

Steps: Uninstall the graphics drivers, disconnect & forget all internet networks (to prevent windows auto-reinstalling later), run DDU in safe mode, install the graphics driver using device manager from the extracted files from AMD driver (don't use the AMD installer!). Now it works, no crashes at all, I get 45-160FPS and it feels totally smooth, am using FreeSync as well.

Only con is you can't change any of the driver or overclocking settings because you don't have the AMD software. I assume they'll provide an update eventually to fix it.

Regarding Ryzen CPU performance, I've had no issues with it. I can't tell if I'm now getting approximately the performance I should be getting, so please check out this Youtube video I recorded as an example of the frame rate (showing the PoE stats). Specs in the description. PoE settings: 2560x1440 res, no downscaling, everything max except low lights & no post-processing.

I also ran PerfMon (graph) which seems to show I'm GPU limited as expected, as it's mostly at 100% when playing. Drops are probably from slowing down pace of play & doing incursions. This was also a tropical island map, but not the same one as in the video.

Possibly relevant is this article as to why motherboard vendors aren't coming out with BIOS updates straight away.

Hope everyone's issues can get sorted out!
Last edited by mawtle on Jul 20, 2019, 8:31:18 PM
I'm not sure but your FPS doesn't seem that great for you being solo I saw it around 30fps when you was fighting some of those monkeys near the shine doesn't seem like that big of a group.

I'll have to do more testing on my 3770k but it seems to me that I got better performance with that then you do with the 3900x and that CPU is way better or should be maybe be I'm miss remembering and I'm just more a aware.

have you tried playing with another person that's where maps really become unplayable for me, playing with others always lowers FPS I got that too with the 3770k but I had to stop playing because of how bad it was with the 3700x.

You know what would be nice if this game had a benchmark built in.

Edit: I forgot about you saying you were GPU limit that might be way :)

Still gonna test my 1080ti 3700x vs 980 3770k just need a PSU.
Last edited by JesusBigDick on Jul 21, 2019, 11:01:17 AM
It's the same for me

Went from Ryzen 5 1600 and DDR4-2400 (2666 oc) to Ryzen 3700x and DDR4-3000 (3200 oc).

No change with GPU (HP 1070) and Upgrade of motherboard (Gigabyte A320M-S2H to Asus Prime X470-Pro)

Before: 140fps with little mobs, 60fps with tons of mobs
After: 170fps with little mobs, 30fps with tons of mobs

I am literally just using Dash and Bane around because I cannot use Viper Strike efficiently due to the low FPS
Last edited by santaklaus0110 on Jul 21, 2019, 1:04:56 PM
It's the same for me
Got 2 platforms
intel :i5 8600k+asrock z370m+ddr4 3000mhz 8gbx2,gtx1060
AMD: ryzen 5 3600+msi b450m+ddr4 3000mhz 8gbx2,gtx 1060

with the platform of intel.run smoothly 75fps with sync,but with the new AMD ,
got 75 fps with little mobs but when met huge mobs ,down to 30fps and got BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error during gameplaying or when I quit the game.
Last edited by lyyaxh on Jul 21, 2019, 4:54:24 PM
I mean the game runs playable for me, high tier maps still get drops down to ~40fps, with a 3600x I find this unacceptable, I've been refraining from posting here because it doesn't seem like the guy with a 3900x and 1080ti or whatever they used for Q/A had no issues, honestly this late into the league I haven't been playing Path of Exile much at all. So an edit from my original, the format fixed me dropping into lows of about 20 speeding through blood aqueducts, the lowest i'll see there is around 50-60 which again playable but with a 3600x still unacceptable, my machine gets a solid 100 to 144 my hz limit in gears of war 5 tech test. on ultra.

Hope to see this thread develop some more, hope to see a fix in the form of AGESA updates, or maybe some more acknowledgement from the community or Q/A testers themselves.
"
gamer64 wrote:
I mean the game runs playable for me, high tier maps still get drops down to ~40fps, with a 3600x I find this unacceptable, I've been refraining from posting here because it doesn't seem like the guy with a 3900x and 1080ti or whatever they used for Q/A had no issues, honestly this late into the league I haven't been playing Path of Exile much at all. So an edit from my original, the format fixed me dropping into lows of about 20 speeding through blood aqueducts, the lowest i'll see there is around 50-60 which again playable but with a 3600x still unacceptable, my machine gets a solid 100 to 144 my hz limit in gears of war 5 tech test. on ultra.

Hope to see this thread develop some more, hope to see a fix in the form of AGESA updates, or maybe some more acknowledgement from the community or Q/A testers themselves.

Same boat I had to stop playing too, runs better on my 3770k from 2012
"
gamer64 wrote:

Agreed. I have a 3900X & 5700 XT (which is a little lower performance than 1080Ti but comparable, I think 6% average ). Video I recorded (link starts @ doing monolith) shows FPS during combat - you can see it's around 50-55. This is max settings 1080p, on a white unshaped Mesa map. It even drops to below 40 at some points elsewhere in the video.

Other games don't seem to have these issues. PoE's performance really doesn't seem to match what it should be.
"
"
gamer64 wrote:

Agreed. I have a 3900X & 5700 XT (which is a little lower performance than 1080Ti but comparable, I think 6% average ). Video I recorded (link starts @ doing monolith) shows FPS during combat - you can see it's around 50-55. This is max settings 1080p, on a white unshaped Mesa map. It even drops to below 40 at some points elsewhere in the video.

Other games don't seem to have these issues. PoE's performance really doesn't seem to match what it should be.

I have watched the video ,that what happened to me is similar .
With the new ryzen ,got no idea is the problem of Nvidia or Poe,the fps is terrible unstable when met tons mobs,and other games seems it's ok.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info