New Ryzen 3700x upgrade 3 times worse performance?

I am still having this issue. FPS drops from 144 to 20ish when monsters spawn or when I use certain abilities.

CPU: Ryzen 3700X
GPU: Radeon VII

Latest drivers, latest Windows updates. No overclock.
Any updates to this situation?

I'm debating upgrading to an R7 3700X from my 4790, will I see performance degradation or improvements?
So problem solved ?
I asking because I wanna upgrade my PC from 4790K @4.8Ghz to Ryzen 3600 or 3700X.
Now on party 6 people I have many drops FPS to 15-30, it's very hard to doing Niko rota and/or don't die....
Last edited by Jagermajsters on Jan 27, 2020, 5:50:32 AM
Devs we need an answer here! Heavy loaded builds and head hunter the performance is much slower versus my old intel!
3700x and 5700xt here, even moving around in hideout my fps dips from ~130 to around 80's causing stutter. Even with capping it with RTSS to 80 or so it still dips down to even 50 when using skills etc. All other games work fine though
Still no word?
"
spiraz0ri wrote:
3700x and 5700xt here, even moving around in hideout my fps dips from ~130 to around 80's causing stutter. Even with capping it with RTSS to 80 or so it still dips down to even 50 when using skills etc. All other games work fine though

That's more a problem with your GFX then the CPU.
PoE have problems using that GPU properly or you will need to optimize your GFX driver settings.

I know it's not a problem with the CPU since my friend is using that CPU with a nVidia 1070Ti without any problems.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Good news - we should have a fix in for 3.8.0.

Hi. I am still having issues.

I recently (past few months) upgraded from Intel i5 4590 to AMD Ryzen 7 3700x CPU, I have the same RTX 2070 I had before, but upgraded my RAM from DDR3 1600 to DDR4 3200. I even moved the game to an SSD, because the loading time for the assets was garbage. I used to get a constant 110 fps with global illumination on, now i get less than 30 if I dare to turn it on, without it i get around 70.
There is no reason this should be happening, the hardware is obviously an upgrade!

Please let me know if there is anything i missing about this. I tried Vulcan and the performance actually goes down.
I upgraded my system for this game, so I could run it at a constant 120 fps on a ultra-wide screen, and i find myself not playing it anymore because of this issues.
"
dumitrudan608 wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Good news - we should have a fix in for 3.8.0.

Hi. I am still having issues.

I recently (past few months) upgraded from Intel i5 4590 to AMD Ryzen 7 3700x CPU, I have the same RTX 2070 I had before, but upgraded my RAM from DDR3 1600 to DDR4 3200. I even moved the game to an SSD, because the loading time for the assets was garbage. I used to get a constant 110 fps with global illumination on, now i get less than 30 if I dare to turn it on, without it i get around 70.
There is no reason this should be happening, the hardware is obviously an upgrade!

Please let me know if there is anything i missing about this. I tried Vulcan and the performance actually goes down.
I upgraded my system for this game, so I could run it at a constant 120 fps on a ultra-wide screen, and i find myself not playing it anymore because of this issues.

Clear shader cache

Use DDU and reinstall the newest nvidia drivers

Just two steps that commonly fix any issues for me :)
I know this thread is about people with issues, but I have just put together a new machine with a 3950x and a 5700xt and everything is as buttery smooth as it can be.

Granted, EVERYTHING is a fresh clean install onto a NVMe. As has been mentioned. Do a clean install of both the game and video drivers. Uninstall them both, reboot, install them both back. If you are bandwidth starved, do as h3h3fan suggests and delete the shader cache, but a clean game install is preferable.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info