New Ryzen 3700x upgrade 3 times worse performance?

yeh switch to pci 3 from auto select aswell. bit desperate but I guess it can't be helped but wait till things irons out.
In the end it seems problem is in the Ryzens instruction called RdRand which should generate random values for various purposes. Problem is that RdRand returns constant value (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) instead of random. In "carry" result cpu says this result is valid (random).

There should be bios fix released soon and flash of BIOS will be needed. Fix should be available in few days.
Last edited by Rexeos on Jul 15, 2019, 4:00:16 AM
I have a 3700X on my desk now. I'll throw that over to QA to have them double check performance soon. I suspect this might be an isolated incident, though.
I'm getting big drops too I came from a 3770k dropping to under 30fps at times I'm on a good SSD,3200mhz c14 with 4.3ghz(ish)cpu core clock.

Has this been shown to be an issue yet or is it just isolated incidents?

edit: forgot to say i have 1080ti
Last edited by JesusBigDick on Jul 16, 2019, 1:51:54 PM
many have problems with the new AMD cpu's and their boost clock. It looks like a bios problem so far.
"
JesusBigDick wrote:
I'm getting big drops too I came from a 3770k dropping to under 30fps at times I'm on a good SSD,3200mhz c14 with 4.3ghz(ish)cpu core clock.

I'm using a 3770 3.9GHz with an SSD and a 660gtx(not clocked) and i rarely fall below 60. Is your card overheating? do you throttle your cards?
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers suck.
I just upgraded to a 3600x from an i7 4790k and have noticed significant lows and drops in FPS, where on my dated i7 this was also happening but not to the extreme lows i'm experiencing now.

My old board was a sabertooth z97 mark 1 with i7 4790k 8gb ddr3 and 1070ti
the new board is the gigabyte x570 gaming x with 3600x, same 1070ti, 16 gb of ddr4 3200mhz and same psu an EVGA 850w psu gold rated.

I do not believe this is an isolated issue as stated before, I think this is an issue with the 3000 series with new boards, could be bios related, but I am also not having issue with extreme frame drops in other games, only Path of Exile, which leads me to believe it could be engine related, since the game already boots.
It is bios related so until a fixed bios is release, there will be performes problems with the new AMD's CPU's.

However the "error" is so crazy that it shifts from CPU to CPU in the same series but as of now no word from AMD......
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Jul 17, 2019, 1:46:32 AM
"
Iamod wrote:
"
JesusBigDick wrote:

I'm using a 3770 3.9GHz with an SSD and a 660gtx(not clocked) and i rarely fall below 60. Is your card overheating? do you throttle your cards?

Nah my Fps was fine when using the 3770k the 1080ti isn't anywhere close to running at 100% the CPU is the bottleneck I'm not sure what my lows where with the 3770k because they was never low enough for me to have to check didn't think I was having this problem because i was getting 250+ fps its only when I went into maps and more stuff was going on that I felt the low fps
ryzen = computer downgrade

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info