New Ryzen 3700x upgrade 3 times worse performance?

"
JuliaLegacy wrote:
ryzen = computer downgrade

Typical: I have no clue what I am talking about post...
Have you guys checked all settings? I have no Ryzen Yet (building a new machine soon).

For example, have you some motherboard with faulty preset to PCIe 4?
Because the actual motherboards are to weak and not specified for PCIe 4.

For example here:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14639/no-amd-still-isnt-enabling-pcie-4-on-300400-series-boards
"
xX999Xx wrote:
"
JuliaLegacy wrote:
ryzen = computer downgrade

Typical: I have no clue what I am talking about post...

sorry to say this, but i totally agree with JuliaLegacy here. all around intel is way better at least with the experience i made.

well it should still be better then before for you. there shouldnt be that mutch issues.

did you also do a fresh install of your OS?
Last edited by Nyoshushu on Jul 18, 2019, 6:29:43 AM
Intel has always been better but the ryzen 3000 has closed the gap and is still cheaper,the 9900k still edges out the 3700x but its within 10 - 20 fps and one costs £404(just got a price cut from £450) and the other cost £319.

Keep in mind too that you don't need to get one of the over priced Pcie 4 mobos and can use it with a x470/b450.

I was going to get a 9900k but for the sake of 10fps in the few games that are CPU and not GPU bound I saved myself more then £200 (if you want to overclock a intel mobo will cost more then AMD)

You have to have been living under a rock not to hear about how good the ryzen 3000's are, intel is still top but AMD is all about the Price–performance ratio.
I can't help myself.... But I'm laughing so hard I can barely breath any longer.

The fact that people here are suggesting new hardware is worse than old hardware is hilarious, that we need to adapt ourselves when it comes to buying hardware because GGG can't fix their problems!
Ryzen processors works perfectly fine, it's only a question if GGG supports them. But if we take a look at the Tech-Support forum, we can almost start drawing the line here that GGG doesn't care.
They don't care if you buy new hardware, or if you have problems or issues with the game in general because to them, you're the problem. You have done something you shouldn't because god forbid if you use something they haven't coded for.

Let's take a look at history... You have lag spikes, can't reach patch server or can't connect to instances. GGG will reply that you have an AV or firewall, again, god forbid if you want to be secure, you need to lower your defences and open yourself to attacks and viruses so POE can work, because it's not GGG's fault.
It's not GGG's fault you bought a Ryzen CPU, you did the wrong thing and now you're being punished for it.
"
JesusBigDick wrote:
Intel has always been better but the ryzen 3000 has closed the gap and is still cheaper,the 9900k still edges out the 3700x but its within 10 - 20 fps and one costs £404(just got a price cut from £450) and the other cost £319.

Keep in mind too that you don't need to get one of the over priced Pcie 4 mobos and can use it with a x470/b450.

I was going to get a 9900k but for the sake of 10fps in the few games that are CPU and not GPU bound I saved myself more then £200 (if you want to overclock a intel mobo will cost more then AMD)

You have to have been living under a rock not to hear about how good the ryzen 3000's are, intel is still top but AMD is all about the Price–performance ratio.

Don't know what planet you're from but, hallo! :)
Now, if we just invite you out from under that rock of yours I'll show you that whatever CPU you buy you're buying it because it's better than your old one. Most people don't care what is the best, they care of what they get for their money spent and it is only fair to say that the Ryzen processors have been doing extremely great these past few years.

What we need to realize here is that nobody should buy CPUs or any hardware for that matter so that POE may finally work. It is not OP's fault for having issues in POE because of a Ryzen CPU, it is GGG's fault for not fixing their game. If everyone is to be punished for switching CPU brands people will just stop playing POE, cuz 1 game against a million games does not justify the cost of another more expensive CPU for POE's sake alone.

You deflecting the problem to his CPU is just hilarious when the problem is clearly within the game... Set your fanboyism aside.
Last edited by PunkBuzter on Jul 18, 2019, 10:28:42 AM
"
xX999Xx wrote:
Have you guys checked all settings? I have no Ryzen Yet (building a new machine soon).

For example, have you some motherboard with faulty preset to PCIe 4?
Because the actual motherboards are to weak and not specified for PCIe 4.

For example here:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14639/no-amd-still-isnt-enabling-pcie-4-on-300400-series-boards

Unless you plan to have NVME in Raid-0 and more than two GPUs in the same system you shouldn't worry about PCIe4 cuz you will not max out PCIe3 with current GPUs alone.
Buildzoid made a video of the best and worst motherboards for Ryzen3 currently available, I suggest you check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyuS04lD4o
Julia Legacy: yup, in the current state I agree under condition: if we use cpu in programs that are not working now .).

JesusBigDick: yup, I buy cpu for games and agree here. Intel still wins. And I do not look at money much as I know what I want usually without compromise. And its hobby .), so why not to spend few bucks more and make high-tech cheaper for poeple like PunkBuzter :).

PunkBuzter: keep breathing: amd for our (gamers) purposes brought nothing special and they admit there is problem in ryzen cpu as well. Therefore when you say its on ggg side than it is pure ignorance. Streamers (or desktop application users) maybe agree with you, but definitely not with how you represent it.
Last edited by Rexeos on Jul 18, 2019, 11:43:47 AM
pretty odd as my computer is a low tier computer and I don't have many issues at all even though I have no real graphics card.

im using a AMD ryzen 5 2400g processor with rx vega 11 graphics (processor/graphics) , I dip from 60-30 in legion encounters ect. Some times having the newer version of things brings problems and might have to wait for a future update or try and go back to an older driver.
"
Rexeos wrote:
Julia Legacy: yup, in the current state I agree under condition: if we use cpu in programs that are not working now .).

JesusBigDick: yup, I buy cpu for games and agree here. Intel still wins. And I do not look at money much as I know what I want usually without compromise. And its hobby .), so why not to spend few bucks more and make high-tech cheaper for poeple like PunkBuzter :).

PunkBuzter: keep breathing: amd for our (gamers) purposes brought nothing special and they admit there is problem in ryzen cpu as well. Therefore when you say its on ggg side than it is pure ignorance. Streamers (or desktop application users) maybe agree with you, but definitely not with how you represent it.

There's no ignorance, these problems occurring in POE does not happen in any other game, and have not happened in any other game I have ever had installed. Thus, the problem lays in POE alone.
If there's a problem on my side there will be updates to fix them, same can not be said about POE as they generally don't fix their client issues.
My issue for example is, I can not install the game, and this is strictly limited to POE alone, and therefore not a problem on my end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info