New Ryzen 3700x upgrade 3 times worse performance?

"
pretty odd as my computer is a low tier computer and I don't have many issues at all even though I have no real graphics card.

im using a AMD ryzen 5 2400g processor with rx vega 11 graphics (processor/graphics) , I dip from 60-30 in legion encounters ect. Some times having the newer version of things brings problems and might have to wait for a future update or try and go back to an older driver.

The problem lays not in your/his computer but the coding of POE, GGG not supporting or writing their code properly for the mentioned processors.
If you have two identical computers next to each other, same drivers, same network, same programs.... POE can decide not to work on one of the computers. This have been proved by some youtuber long time ago, he showed identical laptops where one crashed and the other worked fine.
The fact still remains, lower performance on greater hardware is not a problem caused by AMD nor Intel, it is the badly written game that is out of date.
We get drivers from these tech-companies, even Microsoft if there's something wrong with the hardware drivers, same can not be said about GGG if there's something wrong in their code. That's why you see performance decrease with better hardware.

You can launch any other game and you'll see improvements, but not in POE apparantly....
The number of times you see "it's just this game" have never appeared as many times in any game or forum related to that game as you see in POE-forum. That alone speaks for itself.
Don't know why you people keep defending GGG when you clearly know nothing about the things you talk about, it's like you've been brainwashed to think that it's always the gamer's fault.

If there's high ping or cant reach update server, it's the user's fault as they have AntiVirus and Firewall enabled.... Isn't that the point of having those things, to have them enabled? Then we need to turn them off because GGG says protection is a problem on our end. NO! The problem is not your AV or firewall, it's because POE is messed up and GGG refuses to fix the issue, it costs money to solve the problem! It doesn't cost them anything if you just lower your defense and prepare for attack. That's the reality of it.

The brainwashed will forever be in denial. But I invite you to wrong me if I'm right.
Last edited by PunkBuzter on Jul 18, 2019, 12:37:15 PM
"
PunkBuzter wrote:
"
JesusBigDick wrote:
Intel has always been better but the ryzen 3000 has closed the gap and is still cheaper,the 9900k still edges out the 3700x but its within 10 - 20 fps and one costs £404(just got a price cut from £450) and the other cost £319.

Keep in mind too that you don't need to get one of the over priced Pcie 4 mobos and can use it with a x470/b450.

I was going to get a 9900k but for the sake of 10fps in the few games that are CPU and not GPU bound I saved myself more then £200 (if you want to overclock a intel mobo will cost more then AMD)

You have to have been living under a rock not to hear about how good the ryzen 3000's are, intel is still top but AMD is all about the Price–performance ratio.

Don't know what planet you're from but, hallo! :)
Now, if we just invite you out from under that rock of yours I'll show you that whatever CPU you buy you're buying it because it's better than your old one. Most people don't care what is the best, they care of what they get for their money spent and it is only fair to say that the Ryzen processors have been doing extremely great these past few years.

What we need to realize here is that nobody should buy CPUs or any hardware for that matter so that POE may finally work. It is not OP's fault for having issues in POE because of a Ryzen CPU, it is GGG's fault for not fixing their game. If everyone is to be punished for switching CPU brands people will just stop playing POE, cuz 1 game against a million games does not justify the cost of another more expensive CPU for POE's sake alone.

You deflecting the problem to his CPU is just hilarious when the problem is clearly within the game... Set your fanboyism aside.

Are you mixing me up with somebody ? I never said it was op fault his game is running worse I'm in the same boat as him I upgraded from a 3770k to a 3700x and the games unplayable in maps, what was my fanboyism ? I basically said the ryzen 3000's are the CPU's to get right now because they have the best Price–performance ratio but Intel still have the "best" (gets like 10 to 20 more FPS in some games) but you'd be paying over the odds for it and in my opinion its not worth it but I would never tell anyone that was willing to spend more that they are wrong for doing so sometimes you just want the best even if you are paying over the odds.

I don't even know if your calling me a AMD or Intel fanboy or maybe your getting me mixed up with the guy that said AMD is always a downgrade

I still stand by what I said before you would have to be living under a rock to not know the ryzen 3000's are good CPUS AMD did a good job.
Last edited by JesusBigDick on Jul 18, 2019, 1:38:05 PM
"
PunkBuzter wrote:
The fact still remains, lower performance on greater hardware is not a problem caused by AMD nor Intel, it is the badly written game that is out of date.
We get drivers from these tech-companies, even Microsoft if there's something wrong with the hardware drivers, same can not be said about GGG if there's something wrong in their code. That's why you see performance decrease with better hardware.

You can launch any other game and you'll see improvements, but not in POE apparantly....
The number of times you see "it's just this game" have never appeared as many times in any game or forum related to that game as you see in POE-forum. That alone speaks for itself.
Don't know why you people keep defending GGG when you clearly know nothing about the things you talk about, it's like you've been brainwashed to think that it's always the gamer's fault.

If there's high ping or cant reach update server, it's the user's fault as they have AntiVirus and Firewall enabled.... Isn't that the point of having those things, to have them enabled? Then we need to turn them off because GGG says protection is a problem on our end. NO! The problem is not your AV or firewall, it's because POE is messed up and GGG refuses to fix the issue, it costs money to solve the problem! It doesn't cost them anything if you just lower your defense and prepare for attack. That's the reality of it.

The brainwashed will forever be in denial. But I invite you to wrong me if I'm right.

I think some people were blaming the CPU because of the current bug that the CPU/bios has that wont let the game play destiny 2 or run some linux distros I'm hoping it is that because the fix is on the way but I doubt it is poe probably wouldn't even start if it was.

I wasn't expect to get a huge increase in fps from a 3770k to the 3700x even tho the 3700x is way better because I'd thought the server/network would be the bottleneck I never thought I'd be getting much lower FPS and hope GGG/AMD (if its a bug with the bios) fix it
"
PunkBuzter wrote:

Prejudice.

"
PunkBuzter wrote:

If there's high ping or cant reach update server, it's the user's fault as they have AntiVirus and Firewall enabled....

No and no in most cases.

"
PunkBuzter wrote:

There's no ignorance, these problems occurring in POE does not happen in any other game, and have not happened in any other game I have ever had installed. Thus, the problem lays in POE alone.

Destiny 2, which (between few others) is not installed on your pc.

gl
Last edited by Rexeos on Jul 18, 2019, 2:09:49 PM
"
JesusBigDick wrote:

I think some people were blaming the CPU because of the current bug that the CPU/bios has that wont let the game play destiny 2 or run some linux distros I'm hoping it is that because the fix is on the way but I doubt it is poe probably wouldn't even start if it was.

I wasn't expect to get a huge increase in fps from a 3770k to the 3700x even tho the 3700x is way better because I'd thought the server/network would be the bottleneck I never thought I'd be getting much lower FPS and hope GGG/AMD (if its a bug with the bios) fix it

Yup, I am also curious, maybe in the end its some instruction that intel can do 1k times faster than amd? There are many possibilities.

Regards fps to server/network: fps can be lower if you have lockstep mode. Otherwise network or server should have no impact on fps. You can test it by changing your graphics from max to min. If drops are not same, than its not ur network.
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
JesusBigDick wrote:

Yup, I am also curious, maybe in the end its some instruction that intel can do 1k times faster than amd? There are many possibilities.

Regards fps to server/network: fps can be lower if you have lockstep mode. Otherwise network or server should have no impact on fps. You can test it by changing your graphics from max to min. If drops are not same, than its not ur network.

I do play with lockstep I don't think the other option is the way to go on hardcore.
Last edited by JesusBigDick on Jul 18, 2019, 1:57:21 PM
I've had one of my colleagues test with a Ryzen 3700X + 1080ti, and they have been unable to reproduce any performance problems.
A format fixed my issue, guess I had conflicting drivers or a corruption of some sort.
Last edited by gamer64 on Jul 18, 2019, 11:41:36 PM
I too am still having the issue From a ASUS P8Z77 1080ti, 3770k, dd3 ram 1800mhz to b450 tomahawk 1080ti, 3700x with DDR4 3200mhz ram running fresh install of windows too.

I slapped my old stuff into a case with a 980gtx and the game runs fine.
Last edited by JesusBigDick on Jul 18, 2019, 11:46:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info