New Ryzen 3700x upgrade 3 times worse performance?

"
sapman78 wrote:
We dont't have any details about GGG tests on 3700x

If they play with vsync on, they probably don't see anything wrong.

But if they are playing at 144Hz without vsync that another story, new ryzen can slow down to 15-20 fps ....

Well this is the last reply from GGG about their test -->

"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I've had one of my colleagues test with a Ryzen 3700X + 1080ti, and they have been unable to reproduce any performance problems.
"
Sidhee wrote:
Can GGG put its resources into investigating this problem deeper? A lot of people are currently buying Ryzen 3rd gen processors and I am also considering it. That is why I would like to be sure that I will not suffer from bad AMD optimization which unfortunately was the case since game release up to ~ 2017 (for both CPUs and GPUs).

If POE is your main game, wait before purchase a ryzen 3000.

Game is playable at 1080p or 1440p if you use vsync and if your monitor is locked at a low value (60 to 100). It is playable but performance are lower than a ZEN or ZEN+ or even an old I5 ... and the worst is the 5% low fps (10-15 fps !!)

At 1440p 144hz without vsync, it is very laggy, fps are not stable at all

We have reported this with various mobo (b450 ,x470 , x570) , using lastest bios (and previous one) of CM and lastest drivers (08 august)

We are waiting for bench results at 1440p 144Hz.

Any ryzen 3700x + 2070 super or equiv should be able to give a stable 140 fps+ (not a yoyo between 80-15 fps). I have better performance with an old I5 (2011 CPU , come on ..) 2500K@4.6Ghz

NB: for my personal case , i have fiber 1Gb (880 Mb in download and near 300 Mb in upload).
Last edited by sapman78 on Aug 13, 2019, 3:26:00 AM
"
PunkBuzter wrote:
"
xX999Xx wrote:
Have you guys checked all settings? I have no Ryzen Yet (building a new machine soon).

For example, have you some motherboard with faulty preset to PCIe 4?
Because the actual motherboards are to weak and not specified for PCIe 4.

For example here:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14639/no-amd-still-isnt-enabling-pcie-4-on-300400-series-boards

Unless you plan to have NVME in Raid-0 and more than two GPUs in the same system you shouldn't worry about PCIe4 cuz you will not max out PCIe3 with current GPUs alone.
Buildzoid made a video of the best and worst motherboards for Ryzen3 currently available, I suggest you check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyuS04lD4o

Hey, I have an Intel but planning on building a new rig soon.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

I was only here to try to help.
My assumption was, he has a bad mobo that isnt stable with PCI4 setting and should switch to PCI3 in Bios
"
xX999Xx wrote:

I was only here to try to help.
My assumption was, he has a bad mobo that isnt stable with PCI4 setting and should switch to PCI3 in Bios

this solution dont fix fps drop.
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
PCI4 => PCI3 have been tested since the beginning and it changes nothing (unfortunatly)

Maybe a close look do the exact setup of someone using a ryzen 3000 and achieving a stable 120 fps + with 1440p/ 140 hz can give us a hint but right now we haven't seen one (with some print screen of POE video setting and a short video in a T11+ map with legion or breach with F1 options)
I have my new ryzen 3700x and I checked the performance of poe. It is very bad. But I found an easy way to see the problem: https://youtu.be/f9jMu6Xmc2s
"
Novumaurum wrote:
I have my new ryzen 3700x and I checked the performance of poe. It is very bad. But I found an easy way to see the problem: https://youtu.be/f9jMu6Xmc2s

Whats making the fps drop there the mtx while attacking ?
I changed my setup to 3900x set pcie settings to auto/gen3/gen4 and it didn’t help one bit. Still experiencing super low FPS. I’m running 1440p and 165hz.
We've reproduced frame-rate slow downs on some skill effects specific to 3000 series Ryzen CPUs and are currently investigating.
Thanks a lot Novumaurum for your video and thanks Fitzy_GGG for your feedback.

:-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info