New Ryzen 3700x upgrade 3 times worse performance?

MSI has crappy BIOSes these days, including PCI Express instability. Is anybody on Gigabyte/Asus/ASRock getting issues?
Just looking for upgrade from 2600x to 3700x or 3900x
"
drimsan wrote:
MSI has crappy BIOSes these days, including PCI Express instability. Is anybody on Gigabyte/Asus/ASRock getting issues?
Just looking for upgrade from 2600x to 3700x or 3900x

my friend just got the 3700x with the Asus 570x motherboard and he has no problems.
I'm on an x570 gigabyte aorus elite, same issues, new bios/chipset didn't seem to do anything much like the other person said.
Recently upgrade from a 1700 to a 3700X and noticed that PoE has some sporadic, rather odd slow downs where the game drops into the 20s that weren't a case for the much slower Ryzen 1700.

Just leap-slammed around a cleared map and had no issues at all, so I assume there's some effects that are bugging out on the Ryzen.

In general, performance is massively improved, as expected but those odd slow downs seem to be a bit of a bug

Specs:
Ryzen 3700X stock
Crosshair 6 Hero BIOS 7104 (AGESA 1.0.0.3AB)
HyperX 3600 MHz 4x8GB CL16 XMP profile
2080 TI, 431.70 driver (no GFE installed)
Windows 10 1903 fully updated
PoE x64 Steam, all settings maxed, 4x MSAA no VSYNC
Last edited by PimpmuckL on Aug 9, 2019, 12:57:15 PM
https://imgur.com/gallery/pTnl79n
1700 vs 3700x
glacier map
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Last edited by Besovskii on Aug 10, 2019, 3:44:42 PM
Is this issue fixed or replicated by the devs? plenty of proof of people have the same issues upgrading to Ryzen 3000 series. People actually getting better performance with older intel (3-4 series) and first gen Ryzen.

If the devs say there isn't any problems then I would like proof of that.

Run a Pure Breach with a full party and tell me the Ryzen 3x00 isn't lagging. Hell, I can hardly click to loot!

My old 4770K runs miles better and smoother.

My friend has the 3900x with x570 Aorus Xtreme and has the exact same issue.
Yep. I think the graphs posted by Besovskii prove there is a clear issue. I get 20-40FPS in breaches just in a solo "alch and go" tier 5 map with 3900X so yeah...something's not right.

Would appreciate a dev/GGG employee response to acknowledge they've seen this thread.
Last edited by mawtle on Aug 12, 2019, 3:11:14 AM
"
Yep. I think the graphs posted by Besovskii prove there is a clear issue. I get 20-40FPS in breaches just in a solo "alch and go" tier 5 map with 3900X so yeah...something's not right.

Would appreciate a dev/GGG employee response to acknowledge they've seen this thread.

They have replied in the beginning and have testet it without problems, so their point is that is something with the local hardware / bios witch is also being reported on several internet forums.

I must admit that I will properly not buy the AMD anyway and look at the new I10 cpu from intel.
We dont't have any details about GGG tests on 3700x

If they play with vsync on, they probably don't see anything wrong.

But if they are playing at 144Hz without vsync that another story, new ryzen can slow down to 15-20 fps ....

Can GGG put its resources into investigating this problem deeper? A lot of people are currently buying Ryzen 3rd gen processors and I am also considering it. That is why I would like to be sure that I will not suffer from bad AMD optimization which unfortunately was the case since game release up to ~ 2017 (for both CPUs and GPUs).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info