[3.7] The Human Blender - Double Malice Ice Nova w/ Avatar Of Fire!

@Dezzo79 How are you dropping Flesh And Stone? It's used to make The Effigon work.

I did test out switching things around to include a Xoph's Blood. As an Assassin, you can put a Tempered Mind jewel in the slot next to Alchemist, and it will give you 1400 accuracy. This isn't quite enough by itself; I had to also take the Acuity wheel near Acrobatics. Then you can drop Arcane Potency, Purity of Flesh, the jewel socket up there behind the elemental damage nodes, and just path across past Quick Recovery and take the jewel there. You get a lot more life from a Xoph's Blood as well as sometimes having the Covered in Ash bonus, and dropping that section of the tree saves a lot of points. You also lose a *lot* of intelligence doing this, and I came up short of the 257 required for Malice, I got about 240.

This method works better for Scion, who gets a ton of Accuracy from Unnatural Instinct (44% global accuracy rating). I'm sitting at 248% increased Life as a Scion Assassin-Inquisitor! It loses a fair amount of damage though, maybe 30-35%.

Changing to a Lycosidae works great too. It will be harder to scale attack speed very high but it means you'd get back the jewel socket and you'd also get ~15% block chance and some life. But I think the Tempered Mind route is slightly better.
Just killed Uber Elder deathless with this build! Spent just 5ex, very good job.

Just a litle tip: if you manage to get your hands on a cheap ICRS boots, an excellent option for belt is the Glutony Leather Belt, lvl 30 Poacher's Mark on hit (works on hexproof too!) feels reeeally nice here.

The reduced curse effectiveness on endgame bosses makes a lvl 8 PM elder ring feel useless, this was the alternative I found to counter that (lvl 12 PM rings are more expensive than ICRS boots on average).
So with 14% ICRS and 7.5 APS means you are also casting your CoC spells 7.5 times per second as well?

How Does this change if you go to 15 APS? What happens if you put a 2nd spell gem into your 6L CoC?

How does 15 APS affect the spells proccing in your cospri(s)?

What changes when dual wielding cospris? Do you want to use 2 spell gems in cospris at 15aps as well?
So with 14% ICRS and 7.5 APS means you are also casting your CoC spells 7.5 times per second as well?

How Does this change if you go to 15 APS? What happens if you put a 2nd spell gem into your 6L CoC?

How does 15 APS affect the spells proccing in your cospri(s)?

What changes when dual wielding cospris? Do you want to use 2 spell gems in cospris at 15aps as well?
Thank you for clearly explaining the APS mechanic, and for this guide.

Do we absolutely require PoB to verify we're under the breakpoint? I've been using in-game tooltip Attack Rate on Cyclone (e.g., 0.14 second tooltip on Cyclone = 7.14 APS). Is anything missing here?

Also, what do you think about using multiple frozen trails? I love the appearance and feel but I can't tell if the damage is any different.
IGN: Zergtrap
14% ICRS and 7.5ApS is the point for maximum casts of a single spell in your Cyclone link, but dual-wielding will alternate between the two Malices, so it's only half as fast for each Malice. 15ApS will mean you can cast two spells in your main link as fast as possible, or one spell in each Malice as fast as possible.

Your character sheet in-game will show attacks per second for Cyclone, the tooltip isn't very accurate. However, Path of Building shows you it with buffs up, which is probably more representative; make sure your buffs are realistic for bossing when single-target matters!

Multiple Frozen Trail is fine. The damage will only decrease by one jewel's worth of damage. :P
Last edited by SpiritKid on Jul 8, 2019, 8:37:09 PM
"
OzUnOo wrote:
Just a litle tip: if you manage to get your hands on a cheap ICRS boots, an excellent option for belt is the Glutony Leather Belt, lvl 30 Poacher's Mark on hit (works on hexproof too!) feels reeeally nice here.

Is the Life Gain on Hit from lvl 30 Poacher's Mark enough to safely run no regen/leech and reflect maps with this build?
No regen is fine, because you have a free Cyclone. Reflect is a big no-no. You definitely do too much damage.
"
SpiritKid wrote:
@Dezzo79 How are you dropping Flesh And Stone? It's used to make The Effigon work.

I did test out switching things around to include a Xoph's Blood. As an Assassin, you can put a Tempered Mind jewel in the slot next to Alchemist, and it will give you 1400 accuracy. This isn't quite enough by itself; I had to also take the Acuity wheel near Acrobatics. Then you can drop Arcane Potency, Purity of Flesh, the jewel socket up there behind the elemental damage nodes, and just path across past Quick Recovery and take the jewel there. You get a lot more life from a Xoph's Blood as well as sometimes having the Covered in Ash bonus, and dropping that section of the tree saves a lot of points. You also lose a *lot* of intelligence doing this, and I came up short of the 257 required for Malice, I got about 240.

This method works better for Scion, who gets a ton of Accuracy from Unnatural Instinct (44% global accuracy rating). I'm sitting at 248% increased Life as a Scion Assassin-Inquisitor! It loses a fair amount of damage though, maybe 30-35%.

Changing to a Lycosidae works great too. It will be harder to scale attack speed very high but it means you'd get back the jewel socket and you'd also get ~15% block chance and some life. But I think the Tempered Mind route is slightly better.

Sorry for the late reply! I have been too busy IRL and in game to check this thread. xD

Yes I use Tempered Mind and Precision for 100% to hit. I also use Pandamonium for the Blind and DPS.

I also use Unnatural Instinct and double Might of Meek jewels. along with a Crit Multiplier Precision Watcher's Eye. You can double down on a Precision Crit Multi WITH Anger watcher's eye for max DPS but they are very expensive.

I also use a bunch of crit multi/damage/life/resist jewels to compensate for the lack of committment to passive node bonuses.

You can refer to my PST here if you are keen: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBLMFQgceCPQN0Q5ID8QQkhEtEZYXsBg8GFYYXRvIHNwgbiL0IzYnLyj6KgssnDD4MjIy0TWSNj062DrhO3w9X0GHQZZFR0WdRnFJUUqLSshMs03jUDBSU1MQU1JVS1XGXfJgQ2NDZlRqQ2wLbRluPW6qbztwUngNe8N8g35Zf8aCm4LHgwmD24V7idOKr4w2jxqQEZMnlPGVLpf0muCdqqEvogCio6ZXrfGus67_tAy0OLXytz64k7jKvG-86r0nvoC-isAawGbK08_d0B_Q9dWm2L3Zhtte44TlGevu7Djv6_DV8YryRfiX-ej79f4K_o8=?accountName=Dezzo79&characterName=IceIceBabyDuDuDudududu

Do ignore my nodes into dex, they are supposed to be in health related nodes but i respec into dex as i am using the Wreath of Phrecia tech to farm Glacier. xD =P

"
SpiritKid wrote:
No regen is fine, because you have a free Cyclone. Reflect is a big no-no. You definitely do too much damage.

i do not know my exact chance to crit value but its definately over 200% and i do ele refect maps all the time. just watch out if you are using vaal ice nova in reflect maps. i accidently blew myself up a few times becoz apparently the damage of vaal ice nova is a difference source/type then from your COC triggers.
Last edited by Dezzo79 on Jul 10, 2019, 1:50:11 AM
"
Stropajot wrote:
"
Dezzo79 wrote:
"
SpiritKid wrote:
ICRS on the Flesh And Stone gem does nothing, it only reduces the cooldown for the Stance change. If you are worried about Porcs, you can hotswap a Pyre ring to destroy them on kill.

"
Dezzo79 wrote:
i love the fact that flesh and stone's CDR helps this build get pass the ridiculous CDR requirements we only could get from a shaper belt.

the ICDR iirc should only apply to you swapping the skills around

omg i am such a noob.... 2000 hours in and i still read things in this game wrong! xD

and i wasted 40 c upgrading the gems xD

but thanks for the tip regardless. i think i can drop flesh and stone for something else.

So, you think it's better to remove effigon and flesh and Stone gem to another gem and Xoph's Blood Amber Amulet then change skill tree for for the amulet with his skill "Avatar of fire" and change 1 cospris to colisae?

thx :3

sorry that i miss your post, to answer your question, i am playing a hybrid version that uses half elemental conversion and a pandamonium neck. i also use double cospris because i use precision jewel and tempered mind jewel for max hit chance.

the main reason why i am fire/cold hybrid is because i use the cold to shatter mobs (porcupines etc) and double dip into fire damage as i have/had various sources of fire damage when i was building up my character.

a lot of the fire damage scales off physical damage which on this build is extremely low (only off cyclone's base damage usually) and requires heavy investment into physical damage to bump up that base damage.

currently i am still using Anger instead of full cold -> fire conversion becoz my watcher's eye is a percision/anger one. i do not have the fund, nor want to, get a precision/hatred watcher's eye as personally, its a luxury item. xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info