[3.7] The Human Blender - Double Malice Ice Nova w/ Avatar Of Fire!

Thanks for posting! I think I've seen you and maybe a couple others using this fire version of the CoC Ice Nova build on poe.ninja and I was wondering how it played.

I'd be really excited to see a video too for comparison to the standard ice version, which I am playing now in low maps and really enjoying.
I threw a video onto Youtube today. Uber Elder kill, deathless, very fast but a bit messy on my part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi60XcYFeRo

Yes, Ice Nova doubles up by casting on the Frostbolts. It gives great single-target since the Ice Nova AoEs overlap and both hit.

I do miss having freeze/shatter for porcupines. I definitely have some survivability issues against Legion mobs. Losing the ICRS would lose you about 20% of your DPS *if* you also unspec attack speed to drop your attack rate down to 6ApS; otherwise you will lose significantly more than that (around 40%).

Shock won't work, unfortunately - you can only inflict Shock with Lightning damage, unless otherwise specified (Three Dragons, Yoke of Suffering). Even if we could Shock, the damage increase wouldn't be very noticeable - the damage increase is relative to the hit damage, so with many small rapid hits our shocks would be very low impact.

Frankly, I love how it plays. It's mobile and responsive, Frostbolts do a great job clearing, and it has DPS for days. The only problem to solve is how to make it tanky as well; I suspect I would have to drop a lot of damage or get some real GG gear to get there. Soul Tether/Doryani keystone is definitely an option.
Last edited by SpiritKid on Jun 26, 2019, 2:00:55 PM
I see I just assume that the 5% from jewel just means regardless you can just shock.

Seeing that you went to a acrobatic for dex as what you stated as I did get dex on my gear so I didn't not have to went right to fill up my Dex problem

If we go doryani, I would say filling up the resistance maybe the problem unless you fork out big cash to get some super good rare parts. We may need to craft resistance on gear or jewel instead
Last edited by alls92 on Jun 26, 2019, 5:34:42 AM
Is it me or does this not unlock monoliths aswell as the Cold version?
Even with GG gear, it may be more efficient to path to Acrobatics; you're spending maybe 1-2 inefficient points traveling on the tree instead of multiple gear affixes - even with the Starkonja's and pathing where I did, I have just enough Dex. Acrobatics is very good for this build anyway, since you're not armour-based and don't have a shield for Block. Herbalism for 4 points and a jewel for 3 points is still strong value, so it's just a matter of how much you value Acro/Phase Acro; I think taking 2-3 points of travel is worthwhile.

Another way to get extra resists is to help Alira for your bandit.

Jewel affixes can be extremely valuable for us, with large Multi/attack speed rolls, and it's one of a small number of places you can get good Multi, so I wouldn't expect resists on jewels to be efficient, affix-for-affix.

Monoliths should be fairly similar between the two builds. I suspect Herald of Ice helps a fair amount - I haven't played the cold version this league though.
I found myself a pretty decent doryani which I am slotting it at pain attune which swap my shadow tree starting point from 4 point to first notable node to 3 point.

Then from the gem slot I need 4 point into +1% max resistance to fire and 3 more point into fire damage 30% and leech with fire damage which I believe is very valuable to our survival as with avatar of fire that +1% max resistance is actually alot when pair together with dying sun

The gem gave me about a good 1.3k ish ES which tbh would just improve from there once I get a good life chest piece even without soul tether which I realise may not be the best actually as our tree have ES leech build into it.

I will try acrobatic and see how it goes with doryani

On another point it seems cospri is starting to pick up my recommendation for people here is start to whisper those listed without price I manage to get a 14% with good cold damage rolls for 30c

Last edited by alls92 on Jun 26, 2019, 6:15:51 PM
Hello im confused, how to insert gems to - cospri image show 2 blue one red - build gems 3 blue thanks for example
"
Whutt wrote:
Hello im confused, how to insert gems to - cospri image show 2 blue one red - build gems 3 blue thanks for example

Cold to fire is red gem fyi
I dont see the pantheon or maybe im lost?
Pantheon and Ascendancy order please? thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info