[3.7] The Human Blender - Double Malice Ice Nova w/ Avatar Of Fire!

"
SpiritKid wrote:
Hey cool! That post was actually written by me! But unfortunately there is something slightly off about that post now. It was written using the Cyclone from v3.6. In v3.7, Cyclone was changed to attack twice as fast but only hit once per "attack". So you need to double all the attack rate numbers in the post if you want to match your PoB attack rate to that post. I may have to do a new post.

The upshot is that 3.75ApS in that post is now 7.5ApS in v3.7, and 7.5ApS for Cyclone in Path of Building is the threshold for casting one spell as fast as possible.

The proc order with my gem setup is:

First hit:
- Malice in main hand (Frostbolt)
- CoC in chest (Nova)
Second hit:
- Malice in offhand (Nova)

and repeat. Malice and the CoC gem don't actually share a cooldown or trigger, so you can proc both at once with a single hit. This setup means the first cast of Nova gets doubled by the Frostbolts and the two Malices alternate at maximum proc rates for their socketed spells.

Before you ask, yes, this hit order does mean that I have an opportunity to add an extra spell to my chest CoC link! However, there is no gem I can remove that does less than doubling the damage on the Ice Nova in that link. Cold To Fire is the only support gem in there for damage, and it far more than doubles it due to Avatar Of Fire.

Although... I hadn't considered dropping the Crit Strikes gem... *whips out PoB*...

Nope. You lose a ton of Cyclone crit chance, too much.

Oooooh cool, your are the same guy. Then thanks for the in depth reddit post on the cyclone CoC mechanics. It really helped me to undestand and optimize my build :D

Ah okay i understand. Does the CoC and Malice really trigger at the same time? that's insane maybe i try to switch to a 7,5 aps setup with a shield instead of a second malice *thinking*. This should also be a optimum. Could it even outdamge your setup? i mean you can skip alot of attack speed for more dmg. The double attack speed from 7.5 to 15 "only" gives you 50% more overall DPS. Hmm maybe a even race...

And No, A second spell gem in the chest wont increase the dps at all. The spells will just alternate between each other but at the same cast rate as before. So 3 support gems + CoC setup is the right thing.
cool build but.. how about sum lvling skill tree? :<
i love the fact that flesh and stone's CDR helps this build get pass the ridiculous CDR requirements we only could get from a shaper belt.

i didn't go full fire conversion mainly becoz of porcupines. ;-)

love the concept of this build and used it for my build which uses unnatural instinct and might of meek.
"
SpiritKid wrote:
Vortex is still able to apply Chill to enemies, and is instant cast, so you can cast it while Cycloning. The build still works fine without it but it is a significant damage boost.

how to insta cast the vortex? btw lovin the build so cheap yet so strong.

Edit: sorry for the noob question. i got it now.
Last edited by prokent on Jul 3, 2019, 11:32:23 AM
"
Dezzo79 wrote:
i love the fact that flesh and stone's CDR helps this build get pass the ridiculous CDR requirements we only could get from a shaper belt.

i didn't go full fire conversion mainly becoz of porcupines. ;-)

love the concept of this build and used it for my build which uses unnatural instinct and might of meek.

the ICDR iirc should only apply to you swapping the skills around
Last edited by alls92 on Jul 3, 2019, 12:32:50 PM
Determining DPS is not easy, you have to add together the individual DPS of each skill considering their proc rates in your setup. In my case, I know that the Ice Novas each proc 7.5x per second and get doubled by casting on Frostbolt; and each Frostbolt gets cast 7.5x per second. Take twice the damage from the Ice Novas plus the Frostbolt damage and multiply by 7.5.

No leveling tree, just take DPS nodes and fill out the tree. You can switch into CoC Ice Nova at lv38 with any high-crit weapon and an Effigon if you have been leveling an Ice Nova gem.

ICRS on the Flesh And Stone gem does nothing, it only reduces the cooldown for the Stance change. If you are worried about Porcs, you can hotswap a Pyre ring to destroy them on kill.

To insta-cast Vortex, just cast Vortex. :P The skill itself is naturally instant-cast.
@Tiakh: having a 7.5ApS setup does work fine for DPS but your movement skills get very slow and it sucks to play. That's part of what I talked about in the CoC Discharge discussion with Inya's Epiphany; the number of Discharges per second doesn't change. Dropping Attack Speed investment can work but it makes the build clunky.
can you please make a video?
"
SpiritKid wrote:
ICRS on the Flesh And Stone gem does nothing, it only reduces the cooldown for the Stance change. If you are worried about Porcs, you can hotswap a Pyre ring to destroy them on kill.

"
Dezzo79 wrote:

omg i am such a noob.... 2000 hours in and i still read things in this game wrong! xD

and i wasted 40 c upgrading the gems xD

but thanks for the tip regardless. i think i can drop flesh and stone for something else.
"
Dezzo79 wrote:
"
SpiritKid wrote:

"
Dezzo79 wrote:

omg i am such a noob.... 2000 hours in and i still read things in this game wrong! xD

and i wasted 40 c upgrading the gems xD

but thanks for the tip regardless. i think i can drop flesh and stone for something else.

So, you think it's better to remove effigon and flesh and Stone gem to another gem and Xoph's Blood Amber Amulet then change skill tree for for the amulet with his skill "Avatar of fire" and change 1 cospris to colisae?

thx :3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info