[3.7] The Human Blender - Double Malice Ice Nova w/ Avatar Of Fire!

Glad you like the build!

The ICRS on the gem is only for the stance change for the gem, not global.
Last edited by SpiritKid on Jul 18, 2019, 6:55:11 PM
Super fun build, played CoC before but never dual wield or with conversion.

Things I've changed because I felt I needed to:
1) Dropped Whirling Blades and just used Flame Dash - 2 big reasons for this, whirling blades doesn't let me hop gaps and this frees up 3 gem slots. Also with my gear I don't really lack MS so I don't feel I lose anything...
2) Used those 3 gem slots to put in a CWDT - Imm call - Inc dur setup because I was getting HAMMERED by legion encounters.
3) Chest setup is full utility for the same reason as 2. Cyclone - Faster attacks - Inc Crit - Infused Chan - Life Gain on Hit - Fortify (if I manage to get a Watcher's Eye with prec/AS and Zealotry mod I can actually drop faster attacks for anything else)

Things I've changed because I had stuff laying around:
1) Put in a Brutal Restraint gem which gives me: 4% max life, 5% chance to gain frenzy charge on kill, 10% flask charges gained, 5% chance to blind on hit (this can get another 5% if I get the +1 Frenzy charge node but I'm kind of life starved at this point, plus for now perma blind because of flesh/stone...)
2) No poacher's ring needed because of Brutal Restraint modifier so I have a very nice high life and life gain on hit elder ring with some res and an open suffix for -mana.

Stuff I'm thinking about:
1) Because of the possibility of 10% blind on hit (Brutal Restraint) I might drop Flesh and Stone which gives me the option to put in a 35% aura (with enlighten 4)
2) Because of prices on Prec/Zeal Watcher's Eye I might get a Clarity/Zeal one for the -mana so I can do something fun with the open Suff/Pref on my ring. OR I use 1) and get Discipline in change some nodes around and try to go hybrid and get Disc/Zeal watcher's eye with ES on hit.

I do have a question:
You mention that having a perfect 15 APS on cyclone is the best possible outcome for this build. Is this based on 14% Cooldown reduction? Or just anything equal to or above 14%.
Anything over 14% has exactly the same result as 14%. Anything lower than 14% does absolutely nothing whatsoever.
sorry for asking but with the recent cyclone changes i am not sure...

With cyclone the optimal attacks per second would be 15 now? (ingame tooltip)

Does one hand and shield change the numbers?

That would be for one spell in Cospris.

For *one* spell in *one* Malice (and a shield), the optimal attacks per second is 7.5. It used to be 3.75. For one spell in *each* Malice and dual-wielding, you need 15ApS to max out.

Using a shield means you aren't alternating weapons with Cyclone and are instead hitting with the same one every hit. It also means you don't get the dual-wield attack speed bonus.
"
Same1 wrote:
Super fun build, played CoC before but never dual wield or with conversion.

Things I've changed because I felt I needed to:
1) Dropped Whirling Blades and just used Flame Dash - 2 big reasons for this, whirling blades doesn't let me hop gaps and this frees up 3 gem slots. Also with my gear I don't really lack MS so I don't feel I lose anything...
2) Used those 3 gem slots to put in a CWDT - Imm call - Inc dur setup because I was getting HAMMERED by legion encounters.
3) Chest setup is full utility for the same reason as 2. Cyclone - Faster attacks - Inc Crit - Infused Chan - Life Gain on Hit - Fortify (if I manage to get a Watcher's Eye with prec/AS and Zealotry mod I can actually drop faster attacks for anything else)

Things I've changed because I had stuff laying around:
1) Put in a Brutal Restraint gem which gives me: 4% max life, 5% chance to gain frenzy charge on kill, 10% flask charges gained, 5% chance to blind on hit (this can get another 5% if I get the +1 Frenzy charge node but I'm kind of life starved at this point, plus for now perma blind because of flesh/stone...)
2) No poacher's ring needed because of Brutal Restraint modifier so I have a very nice high life and life gain on hit elder ring with some res and an open suffix for -mana.

Stuff I'm thinking about:
1) Because of the possibility of 10% blind on hit (Brutal Restraint) I might drop Flesh and Stone which gives me the option to put in a 35% aura (with enlighten 4)
2) Because of prices on Prec/Zeal Watcher's Eye I might get a Clarity/Zeal one for the -mana so I can do something fun with the open Suff/Pref on my ring. OR I use 1) and get Discipline in change some nodes around and try to go hybrid and get Disc/Zeal watcher's eye with ES on hit.

I do have a question:
You mention that having a perfect 15 APS on cyclone is the best possible outcome for this build. Is this based on 14% Cooldown reduction? Or just anything equal to or above 14%.

May I ask, is an average 10-15 life gained on hit ring better than a 0.2% fire damage leeched as life? Thank you so much.
Last edited by superhuy44 on Aug 2, 2019, 6:04:14 AM
It kinda depends if you're using Poacher's already. If you're not, it's probably a little better to have the LGoH, but they are pretty functionally different - the LGoH will insta-fill you in maps but against bosses leech is stronger.

Having said that, 0.2% is a very small amount, so it may not be that good.
Last edited by SpiritKid on Aug 2, 2019, 11:20:51 PM
"
SpiritKid wrote:
It kinda depends if you're using Poacher's already. If you're not, it's probably a little better to have the LGoH, but they are pretty functionally different - the LGoH will insta-fill you in maps but against bosses leech is stronger.

Having said that, 0.2% is a very small amount, so it may not be that good.

Also the fact that we are working with a rather limited HP pool as assassin makes LGoH better imo. If you get hit vs bosses most of the times you are dead anyway.

Anywho... I would like to say I had a blast playing this. Ended up messing around so much with it that I felt that rerolling a scion was worth the effort. Which, if you have the currency, ends up being the better version of this tbh. Completely destroys the game without breaking a sweat. I have done tons of variations trying to squeeze out more DPS etc etc.
1,5 minute uber elders are easily achieved, double phasing is easy, just don't run out of flask charges :).

Biggest problem really min-maxing this now is the lack of people trading items XD.
You went to amazing lengths to drill into the DPS aspect, thank you! I am trying to theory craft a build - CoC cyclone nova - but CI trickster. Yours is literally the only build I have seen using cold to fire, and seems to outdamage the traditional "light of lunaris / pandemonium" pure cold CoC build (Furty guide) for assassin. I feel like the damage is plenty for endgame, so sacrificing some for survivability in a CI trickster build maybe doable - but I am lost on how to look at it in PoB or know what the "true" damage ends up looking like.

Any ideas? From you or the community? Thanks in advance, looking forward to Blight!
"
Aldenier wrote:
You went to amazing lengths to drill into the DPS aspect, thank you! I am trying to theory craft a build - CoC cyclone nova - but CI trickster. Yours is literally the only build I have seen using cold to fire, and seems to outdamage the traditional "light of lunaris / pandemonium" pure cold CoC build (Furty guide) for assassin. I feel like the damage is plenty for endgame, so sacrificing some for survivability in a CI trickster build maybe doable - but I am lost on how to look at it in PoB or know what the "true" damage ends up looking like.

Any ideas? From you or the community? Thanks in advance, looking forward to Blight!

You mean this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info