(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

TY too... awesome build.
I did this because this build rocks:

"
Gulch wrote:
You want the enchant I have here, and hopefully you find a much better pair of boots than I have
I just want to point out that Ancestral Bond prevents your non-totem skills from dealing damage, but does NOT prevent them from critting. You can wreck that Enchant buff with Cold Snap, Frost Bomb or even Flame Dash.

I think the best boot enchant is "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently." If I understand the mechanics properly, it's impossible to turn this off with Ancestral Bond allocated.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
You want the enchant I have here, and hopefully you find a much better pair of boots than I have
I just want to point out that Ancestral Bond prevents your non-totem skills from dealing damage, but does NOT prevent them from critting. You can wreck that Enchant buff with Cold Snap, Frost Bomb or even Flame Dash.

I think the best boot enchant is "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently." If I understand the mechanics properly, it's impossible to turn this off with Ancestral Bond allocated.

I think the reason why crit chance enchant is recommended is because of the weapon suggestion. You can get a maximum of 24% of elemental/non chaos damage as extra chaos damage from your weapon (20% from the shaper prefix and 4% from hybrid spell dmg/extra chaos jun craft) or 33% (20% ele as extra chaos and 13% cold as extra chaos) and that's a huge chunk of damage that won't scale off the ele pen boots enchant unlike crit chance that scales all of your damage. Plus, criting with orb of storm won't happen that often because crit can only occur at the explosion of the orb which is delayed with the increased duration support.
Last edited by ㆍKevzFarroㆍ on Sep 27, 2019, 7:59:29 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Aericura wrote:
Thanks. Noob question, if were to buy a rare helm with the enchant and scour it , will the enchant still be there?
The enchant stays, it should only scour prefixes + suffixes.

Thank you!
"
criting with orb of storm won't happen that often because crit can only occur at the explosion of the orb which is delayed with the increased duration support.
This is true, which is the main reason the boot enchant suggestion isn't horrible. However, the enchant still has negative synergy with Bonechill Cold Snap.

In practice, as long as you keep clearing to totems + curse + frost bomb AND avoid hitting enemies with dash, the enchant stays active. But it adds a significant opportunity cost to Cold Snap for, say, Frenzy charge generation. That's why I don't like it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
criting with orb of storm won't happen that often because crit can only occur at the explosion of the orb which is delayed with the increased duration support.
This is true, which is the main reason the boot enchant suggestion isn't horrible. However, the enchant still has negative synergy with Bonechill Cold Snap.

In practice, as long as you keep clearing to totems + curse + frost bomb AND avoid hitting enemies with dash, the enchant stays active. But it adds a significant opportunity cost to Cold Snap for, say, Frenzy charge generation. That's why I don't like it.

Yeah, I guess both of the enchants are good anyways especially for clearing and normal bossing. The difference would only be noticeable with longer fights such as shaper and elder fights. Crit enchant for nuking short fights and ele pen enchant for more consistent damage during messy and longer fights that would proc cold snap setup frequently
Last edited by ㆍKevzFarroㆍ on Sep 28, 2019, 10:11:25 AM
WTF Discipline of Slaughter doesent work for totems... 3ex wasted :(
So guys i made a questino about Pantheon for uber elder, what choices will be better?

"
Kloppstock wrote:
The only part that doesn't work is the on kill frenzy charge. The rest should work (increased damage per frenzy charge and perma 1 frenzy charge up).
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Kloppstock wrote:
The only part that doesn't work is the on kill frenzy charge. The rest should work (increased damage per frenzy charge and perma 1 frenzy charge up).

But guide says: >It also grants you 5% increased damage per Frenzy charge, and a 5% chance to gain a Frenzy charge on kill (which works for totems since it does not specify "when you kill").<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info