(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
Kloppstock wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Kloppstock wrote:
WTF Discipline of Slaughter doesent work for totems... 3ex wasted :(
The only part that doesn't work is the on kill frenzy charge. The rest should work (increased damage per frenzy charge and perma 1 frenzy charge up).

But guide says: >It also grants you 5% increased damage per Frenzy charge, and a 5% chance to gain a Frenzy charge on kill (which works for totems since it does not specify "when you kill").<
Well, didn't know about that. Thought all the "on kill" stuff wouldn't apply for totem builds or would grant it to the totem not you (but totems cannot hold frenzy / power charges).

Personally I opted for getting frenzy / power charges from a mine skill linked with charged mines, since there was some downtime when all totems are placed, and they cost next to no mana after 3.8. And yes, it works, it can even deal damage despite ancestral bond, but the damage is negligible it's just to build charges.
Would the "Longshot" notable be good/applicable to anoint?

+20% increased Projectile Attack Damage
+Projectiles gain Damage as they travel farther, dealing up
to 40% increased Damage with Hits to targets
+20% increased Projectile Speed

(Teal Oil Crimson Oil Opalescent Oil)

Would the "Projectiles gain damage as they travel farther" cancel out the freezing pulse inherent damage drop off as distance increases? Likely the Projectile Attack Damage would not be relevant since FP is not at attack.
Last edited by Novgov on Sep 29, 2019, 12:03:58 AM
I got this wand droped, You think it´s a nice deal to craft the same wand as you?... there will be a great difference?... because a wand like yours will cost it to me 4 exalteds... (trying the higest possible crafting mods)...

Last edited by Vyr75 on Sep 29, 2019, 6:42:18 AM
Just finished Uber Elder for the first time. Great guide that helped me a lot as a relatively new player to get stuck into this awesome game. Thank you very much!
"
Kloppstock wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Kloppstock wrote:
WTF Discipline of Slaughter doesent work for totems... 3ex wasted :(
The only part that doesn't work is the on kill frenzy charge. The rest should work (increased damage per frenzy charge and perma 1 frenzy charge up).

But guide says: >It also grants you 5% increased damage per Frenzy charge, and a 5% chance to gain a Frenzy charge on kill (which works for totems since it does not specify "when you kill").<

Yeah, this one's my bad. I actually tested this node out just before 3.8 dropped, but I didn't have a huge amount of time, and looking back what I bet happened is that I mistook charges that were being generated by Cold Snap (which is kind of hard to notice proccing on the ground sometimes) as charges being generated above the min charge by Disciple of the Slaughter. Sorry about the confusion - I'll clean up that note, though the node will remain a very strong node just with the +1 minimum Frenzy charge (should still remain in the top 5 or so choices we have for DPS).
"
Vyr75 wrote:
I got this wand droped, You think it´s a nice deal to craft the same wand as you?... there will be a great difference?... because a wand like yours will cost it to me 4 exalteds... (trying the higest possible crafting mods)...

I just got 4 exalteds, you think this worth?...
Hi, right now I'm using Atziri's Promise instead of Wise oak, it seems to be better for me. Damage output is the same and I lack chaos ress. Mby you could add it as an (cheaper) option.

And I also suggest to use Increased Critical Damage Support if you are able to reach high effective crit chance.

PS: I realy love this build and thank you for perfect guid!
"
Vyr75 wrote:

That's a damn nice wand.
This is the one that I've been using for almost 2 weeks. I've killed Uber Elder 4 or 5 times so far.

Last edited by Gulch on Sep 30, 2019, 7:58:05 AM
"
dfda91 wrote:
So guys i made a questino about Pantheon for uber elder, what choices will be better?

The pantheon isn't very crucial. What is more crucial is knowing the mechanics of the fight so you don't get hit too often.
I just run with Lunaris and Gruthkul. And of course make sure you're advancing them with Divine Vessels.
"
Novgov wrote:
Would the "Longshot" notable be good/applicable to anoint?

+20% increased Projectile Attack Damage
+Projectiles gain Damage as they travel farther, dealing up
to 40% increased Damage with Hits to targets
+20% increased Projectile Speed

(Teal Oil Crimson Oil Opalescent Oil)

Would the "Projectiles gain damage as they travel farther" cancel out the freezing pulse inherent damage drop off as distance increases? Likely the Projectile Attack Damage would not be relevant since FP is not at attack.

I have thought about this more since my last post on the topic and this really depends.

Flash freeze is better if your sources of DPS are all cold and you do not have any extra chaos damage added (24% increase damage along all parts of projectile and increased chill effect vs an average of 20% increased damage across the projectile, no increase of chill effect).

Long shot is better if your sources of DPS also include damage added as extra chaos (I do not know how much added extra chaos you would need as a minimum for the breaking point between one or the other), then long shot will scale that extra chaos damage as well, whereas flash freeze will not. The mechanics though likely still dictate that flash freeze will probably deal more damage closer to the totem and less further from the totems.

Cold Damage x (multipliers + 24%) + extra chaos (multipliers) = DPS output flash freeze

Cold damage x (multipliers + 20%) + extra chaos (multipliers + 20%) = DPS output long shot

Presumably the more added as extra chaos you have, the better scaling you have for long shot - totally hypothetical example would be that the projectile is 40 units long then at unit 24 long shot = flash freeze and unit 25+ long shot > flash freeze (if there is no extra chaos damage or other non-cold damage sources). This means that for more than half the length of the projectile flash freeze is better with no extra chaos. Let's say you have 20% extra chaos, then maybe long shot = flash freeze at unit 15 meaning long shot is better for more than half of the projectile. Note that flash freeze is still stronger at the beginning of the projectile.

Another point to note is that allocating flash freeze is cheaper. And you lose chill effectiveness.

So it all depends - how often are you having enemies being killed FAR from your totems vs CLOSE. Obviously as you stack more and more extra chaos the long shot becomes likely more viable.

My experience is most of my totems are practically on top of enemies as I used them as shields/decoys. So I will probably stick with flash freeze.

"
Nocturnocz wrote:
Hi, right now I'm using Atziri's Promise instead of Wise oak, it seems to be better for me. Damage output is the same and I lack chaos ress. Mby you could add it as an (cheaper) option.

And I also suggest to use Increased Critical Damage Support if you are able to reach high effective crit chance.

PS: I realy love this build and thank you for perfect guid!

Wise oak is super beneficial for its elemental damage reduction. So be wary of that tradeoff - of course if you only have atziri's flask, it is a good option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info