(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
dimmubreu wrote:
Does the game differ elemental attack skills from spells?
Yes, it says on top of the gem whether it's an attack or a spell, and attacks can be further narrowed down into which weapons they require to work with.

It's the only sure way to know since visually some spells look similar to attacks (ethereal knives, blade vortex) and some attacks look similar to spells (they have big flashy effects).

Even the totem mechanic itself is split between "spell totem" that can be linked with spell gems, and "ranged attack totem" that works with attack gems.

You need to be especially careful when purchasing a weapon, there are many stats / mods that will only apply to attacks made with this weapon not spells (like specific crit mods) so you can easily overpay for stats that will not buff spell damage.
just look at the gems.

FP is no attack gem so it doesnt count :)
I don't know if anyone already told you so but

it's not an attack, it's a spell.

xD
Build Rocks :)

I'm at about 1.5-1.6mil per totem now running two auras (haste/hatred) was playing around with it.

Insta gibs everythign, but sometimes I die :)
"
veenarm wrote:
Build Rocks :)

I'm at about 1.5-1.6mil per totem

What's your tooltip damage in town?
Last edited by Gulch on Oct 4, 2019, 10:01:01 AM
I seem to have trouble with the Blights with this character.

The totems die really fast and the damage isnt great. Taking down uniques is a 50/50 change if I do it in time before they reach the plant.

Bosses wise, its ok but the T15/16 it can be sluggish (havent done shaper or Uber Elder yet (or Red Elder either).

Tooltip in Hideout is close to 65k. When fully maxxed it goes as high as 150k.

Please may someone review and look to see if i am doing anything wrong.
I have a question guys, im so happy with that build, but.. How can I balance my life/es/mana pool?? Right now i have 3903 life, 1128 es, 3106 mana. Im thinking on use Herald of Ice, because i have a lot of mana, but im not sure if its worth. Y have so high mana regeneration too, with that pretty amulet

40% of damage goes to mana, then 60% goes to life/es, then..
(life + ES) X 60 = Mana X 40

Is that correct???
"
Mentalmike wrote:
I seem to have trouble with the Blights with this character.

The totems die really fast and the damage isnt great. Taking down uniques is a 50/50 change if I do it in time before they reach the plant.
Excuse me to ask, but how are your gems lvl 18-19 when you're lvl 92? Did you swap specs? I'd usually have my gems naturally hit 20 before lvl 90.

That's definitely a big damage loss for any spell based build. You can buy max level gems if you don't want to level them yourself.

Also your flasks are very weak. You could alt-spam to get some useful affixes on them like extra crit on diamond flask. Other damage options include Wise Oak (then you have to ensure you have more frost resist than other elements), Atziri's Promise or Cinderswallow Urn with increased crit mod on it.

You need to fix the links in your boots preferably and get that frostbomb linked, currently I see you have it and its supports scattered all around for levelling purposes but they aren't put together. Remember you can level extra gems in your weapon swap, you don't need them in your main setup (stuff like blasphemy that takes sockets but doesn't fit into anything).
this was defenitely my best league starter ive ever had.

i cleared the whole content with no effort and no currency.

uber elder was a joke and this is a very good blight build.

it also does solid in delve (im at 200)

today i bought an atziris reflection + unset ring and passive tree update.

i went from (buffed with curses on) 145k ho damage
to 270k ho damage lol

its over the top .. this playstyle and build doesnt need the 13 ex shield .. it was fine before ^^

what i can say from importance:

helm enchant!
21/20 FP! (or 20/23)
Flash freeze on amu
Proj speed enchant on amu

with this .. u will love this build even more :)
"
Gorrinako wrote:
I have a question guys, im so happy with that build, but.. How can I balance my life/es/mana pool?? Right now i have 3903 life, 1128 es, 3106 mana. Im thinking on use Herald of Ice, because i have a lot of mana, but im not sure if its worth. Y have so high mana regeneration too, with that pretty amulet

40% of damage goes to mana, then 60% goes to life/es, then..
(life + ES) X 60 = Mana X 40

Is that correct???

just do life x 0,66 = ur min! mana pool .. if u add this to ur life u have ehp

u wont reserve mana cause of the clear mind!

high mana reg = high life reg = good :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info