(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Does this kind of ring work with a totem build ?

"
mirage2k640 wrote:
Does this kind of ring work with a totem build ?

Curse on hit should work. However, there having been reports in the past with issues using mines/traps/totems/brands with various 'on hit' mechanics.

The cold damage is to 'attacks' and will not affect your dps.

I wouldn't recommend that ring for this build. You would be losing a lot of damage using only a level 5 frostbite instead of level 20 for this build, plus it is a source of arcane surge activation.
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Vyr75 wrote:
I got this wand droped, You think it´s a nice deal to craft the same wand as you?... there will be a great difference?... because a wand like yours will cost it to me 4 exalteds... (trying the higest possible crafting mods)...

That's a damn nice wand.
This is the one that I've been using for almost 2 weeks. I've killed Uber Elder 4 or 5 times so far.

Ok, but I got the exalteds to craft one, My question is if it really wort my friend?... Or I stay with this wand... I will get much damage or only a bit?...
Last edited by Vyr75 on Oct 1, 2019, 1:22:01 AM
What do you think about getting two void batteries and plus skilltree changes to power charges, so we get up to 8 power charges ? would you recommend it ?

"
FruityDude wrote:
What do you think about getting two void batteries and plus skilltree changes to power charges, so we get up to 8 power charges ? would you recommend it ?

Off the top of my head I think you'll be less damage, but you'd have to use POB to be certain.
I'm sure that someone smarter than me at this game will be able to give you a better answer. But personally I would go for the High Budget option in the guide. Right now my tooltip damage in town is 155k. While that's not the highest it's pretty good so far. I'm lacking a Watcher's Eye and then I'll try to get the best weapon I can.
"
FruityDude wrote:

As Gulch said, I highly doubt you are going to have more damage that way - rerouting the path either means sacrifice of lots of HP for glass cannon or loss of damage nodes that probably won't be made up for by the void battery. Plus the cost of void battery you might as well save some more to invest a good extra chaos dmg wand and shield that are likely better DPS than double voids.

Edit: I missed the most obvious reason not to do this: +1 totems on shield is effectively 25% more dmg. You will NOT be able to make up for that with voids. Period.
Last edited by JSquare on Oct 1, 2019, 2:53:41 PM

Trying to figure out where to go from here. Just made that weapon myself and after a bunch of divines hit a really sick roll.

Been running trials to get a better helm with freezing pulse speed, but that's the best Ive been able to find so far.

Sitting at 118k tooltip freezing pulse dmg in town. Capped res with cold the highest for the flask.

Any tips? Thanks.
"
Wes2000 wrote:

Trying to figure out where to go from here. Just made that weapon myself and after a bunch of divines hit a really sick roll.

Been running trials to get a better helm with freezing pulse speed, but that's the best Ive been able to find so far.

Sitting at 118k tooltip freezing pulse dmg in town. Capped res with cold the highest for the flask.

Any tips? Thanks.

I'd look for an amulet that also has cast speed and spell damage along with crit multi.
Oh, and get the 120 enchant for the boots,you should see an increase in tooltip damage by about 2-3k.
If you have the currency, get the prophecy or the shield, the belt and 2 rings so you can Regret the curse nodes and take Pain Attunement and go for a Watcher's Eye.
The W.E. is my next purchase after I find better rings.
And of course if you have more Exalts than you know what to do with, get a Soul Mantle that's been double corrupted. (easier said than done lol)

Last edited by Gulch on Oct 1, 2019, 2:11:49 PM
The affix "increases elemental damage with attack skills" on belts works with our build? I'm asking this because in the guide wallach preferred the "% damage increase mod" on his belt over elemental attack skills even considering that % damage increase is lower than the affix of "elemental damage with skills". Does the game differ elemental attack skills from spells? I think the affix will only work on the elemental damage from gems and affix like "add cold damage", not the freezing pulse itself right?
"
dimmubreu wrote:
The affix "increases elemental damage with attack skills" on belts works with our build?

No, Freezing Pulse isn't an attack skill it's a spell.
;)
Last edited by Gulch on Oct 2, 2019, 2:39:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info