(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
Gulch wrote:
"
Aericura wrote:
Having a lot of fun with this build! What are the steps on crafting the helmet? Thanks. Buy a rare helm with enchant and scour + fossil?

" Fossil crafting with Frigid Fossils will allow you to potentially roll the affix "Nearby Enemies have -X% Cold Resistance" which would be a slight boost in overall DPS and optimal for endgame gearing; I recommend using a combination of Pristine and Frigid Fossils in 2-socket Resonators until you get something you are satisfied with, and hopefully have a spare suffix for you to be able to craft Dexerity on top of that (unless you are getting your Dexterity elsewhere)."

~from the helm section on page 1

Thanks. Noob question, if were to buy a rare helm with the enchant and scour it , will the enchant still be there?
"
Aericura wrote:
Thanks. Noob question, if were to buy a rare helm with the enchant and scour it , will the enchant still be there?
The enchant stays, it should only scour prefixes + suffixes.
What do you think is better and why ?

Critical VS Cast Speed
Just a question, what's roughly required to be able to do alluring abyss on this build? I'm running it on my steam acc (lvl 87, so-so gear) and lucked out and got the prophecy, but wondering if it's better to sell it and get top tier gear and farm to eventually buy it or just farm now and then do alluring abyss...
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:

Critical VS Cast Speed

Critical what?
Chance? Multiplier? etc...

Cast speed is VERY good for our build.
"
Ceneko wrote:
Just a question, what's roughly required to be able to do alluring abyss on this build?

Normal Atziri is a pushover.
Uber Atziri isn't that hard with this build, just avoid getting hit and recast your totems when they die from reflect.
Since we can't see your gear, it's hard to give you advice.
The only REAL threat to Uber Atziri is the big fire circles on the floor.
Oh and the fight before her where you have the 2 bosses can be a bitch if you don't kill fast enough. (death clouds)
"
Gulch wrote:
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:

Critical VS Cast Speed

Critical what?

I will ask in another way,
Cast Speed is better than Critical Chance,multiplier,etc ?
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:

Critical VS Cast Speed

Critical what?

I will ask in another way,
Cast Speed is better than Critical Chance,multiplier,etc ?

Cast speed will almost always be better than crit chance. Cast speed and multiplier is a tricky one and you'd need to use PoB to determine which stat is better (cast speed affixes can range just like multiplier - the breakpoint at which one is better than the other depends on how much of each stat you already have and also how much crit chance you already have to make the multiplier effective).

Cast speed is usually better because it is a hard stat to get so the incremental gains are often larger than if you are continuing to stack crit chance or multi.
can someone tell me please what would be best stats for wand on this build?

IS COLD damage better than spell damage?
Last edited by hwan on Sep 26, 2019, 11:58:04 AM
"
hwan wrote:
can someone tell me please what would be best stats for wand on this build?

IS COLD damage better than spell damage?

I am assuming you mean % increase cold vs % increase spell. They are (essentially) identical for this build because your damage sources are entirely from cold damage sources. If you are talking about FLAT cold damage vs % increased spell damage, then you need to use PoB to determine which item adds more DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info