Cyclone

I have a suggestion that would solve a lot of the desync issues with cyclone without actually having to address desync itself.

A lot of the desync deaths I've noticed with cyclone are when the target on the server is obstructed but the target on your client is able to be targeted so you cyclone towards it, this results in instantly desyncing your character and if you've popped a quicksilver at the same time this occurs you can move 2-3 screens before the resync occurs.

There are a few ways to address that issue;
You could use the same code that's used for casting obstructed ranged skills, causing an obstructed cyclone to move the character into a valid position before casting.

You could force cyclone to cast regardless of obstruction, thus providing leech/LOH on monsters in melee range.

Another option is to use the current pathing to determine the direction of cyclone when there is an obstruction, not necessarily causing your cyclone to connect with the target on the first cast but allowing you to path around obstacles with it and eventually get to the target, however this doesn't really address the occasions where a target is so desynced they are in an unpathable location.

The last solution I can think of would be to consider the character a ricocheting projectile during the cast animation, similar to how a spark projectile bounces off obstructions, resulting in constant movement regardless of obstruction & server target position.

Another common cause of cyclone desync is when the character model and monster being targeted on server overlap at the end of the cyclone but not on the client side. As mentioned above this causes the client but not the server to consider movement valid.

To address this issue you'd need to remove the the minimum distance casting issue with cyclone, by either selecting a random direction to cyclone in or perhaps just checking a previous position and cycloning away from that position regardless of target distance.

I apologise if these alterations have already been suggested but I did not spot anything like this in the thread and think they would significantly improve the cyclone skill in a way that leaves the current balance where it is.
Hey there ,

i want to change my dualstrike-discharge to a cyclone-discharge build and want to try multistrike(wich ofc works with dual strike as we know)...

is working same way with multistrike?

today i tried to cyclone a bit trough enemys but often just nothing except the "spin" happens, no crit, no charges , no discharge !? it feels like lag/desync atleast something paranormal.

for your consideration:

chance to hit 90%
crit 55% pure + up to 5 power charges
cast on critial strike gem lvl16 (60%)
tooltip attackspeed 0.21

i thought its like"hey cyclone,multiple hits+multistrike = cool idea to provide something arround 10-12 hits per second ?! is it just "too fast" ?!

please help me

thanks
how about a fencing sword and a shield =/, far more blocking and extra armor and attack speed there. crits are determined "per cast", so if you don't crit with that honest 50%+ crit chance, then just keep trying. eventually it'll have endless crits and cause problems to the server/game because you're casting discharge too fast =p
well i am dual wield as you supposed right allready, in fact i dont have a good shield to wear and dont want to buy on just for an "not" working skill.

i also thought allready something behind "infinite" crits = disable the source from.

just few runs ago i had several times where i cycloned trough mobpacks in docks with a size between 5-20 and in one particular situation 4whirls in a row nothing happend(except life/mana leech)but no crits and even no discharge,its kinda annoying to die "often" cause that gem isnt working properly.

+ edit: also sometimes i press right mouse buttons once=cyclone and then he starts spinnin in the direction i clicked but often after some distance hes starting to spin back-top-south like random spin wich i cant control ?!! ?...working as intended?

edit2:

so now after i ripped 50% of my lvlup into the dirt i made a screenshot ...i whirled allready into the pack and nothing happend with like? 0,25attackspeed=4(multistrike?12) hits, or even 8 if it hits only twice...

i start thinking that my internet connection is bad but not with 10mbitdown and 2mbit upstream.

Last edited by padpadsen on Nov 21, 2013, 2:56:48 PM
based on the shock stacks on corpses, it looks like you're casting discharge just fine while whirlwind'ing.
thought on cyclone. can you add a cancel cast/movement when your target teleports off the screen so im not sent on a 1000 yard cyclone that i cannot interrupt?

for example when piety teleports im locked into a cyclone frame, sometimes across the entire map.
this is by far the most fun skill to play with but.. the desync with it is INSANE.

It needs to be fixed.
A simple change so that you stop spinning when you release the skill button would be quite nice for this skill. I have been spinning across huge rooms and died when I couldn't stop because monsters either teleported away, or I had some desyncing issues.

Another problem is the mana cost. It would make more sense that it would cost a certain mana per second.
Last edited by Sillua on Nov 23, 2013, 7:42:36 PM
It is simply impossible to target a monster with this ability without a huge desynch, using the SHIFT key solve most of the problems.
For this very fact, Multistrike is even worst because the game target the monster for you 3 time in a row, which cause some even more massive desynch, it makes Multistike unusable with Cyclone which is sad.
Without targeting Cyclone actually hit the targets you can see on the screen, with targeting you have no clue where your character is suposed to be for real and it is very unlikely you hit the monsters you are passing through.
It would be nice if you could disable targeting for an ability without using the SHIFT key making it never targetable, if Multistrike could make you go is some general direction without targeting a specific monsters that would be nice too.
BTW it is a very nice skill, I hope things will improve a bit.
Last edited by giltheb on Nov 24, 2013, 4:54:11 AM
cyclone should be like arctic armor, once you activate the skill you start spin at some cost of mana, start move will cost more mana and stop spinning when you deactivate the skill or run out mana

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info