Cyclone

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 10, 2019, 7:51:12 PM
Last bumped on Jun 10, 2019, 7:50:56 PM
In before Cyclone sucks

LAWL. I beat ya Mark.
Last edited by topeight on Mar 12, 2013, 7:44:34 PM
Congratulations to topeight, who managed to beat me to the thread depite me being notified by Rory as soon as it was up.

Basic info about cyclone, to answer the more common questions:

Cyclone moves to where you clicked, at your move speed. This means you'll go further for one skill use (and thus mana cost payment) if you click further - but there's more chance that something goes bad along the way and you can't interrupt it until you finish. It needs a very small minimum amount of free space to move in to start the skill, and has a longer, but still moderately short minimum distance to which you'll move if you click closer than that.

Cyclone spins at your attack speed, and deals AoE damage twice per spin - so deals weapon damage twice as often compared to the a regular attack (and to an area rather than a single target).

So a high attack speed, low movement speed is the best cast for stacking multiple hits per cyclone on a single target. But with a higher move speed you can of course just start the cyclone again sooner should you desire, and if you can afford paying the mana more often.

The AoE range of cyclone is determined from the weapon range (including the new +2 passive) but is an area of effect, so is then increased by AoE radius increases.

Cyclone, like almost all weapon skills, alternates weapons when dual wielding. So each weapon will hit once per spin. It benefits from the 10% more attack speed while dual wielding - this is a multiplicative bonus, so always multiplies DPS by 1.1

While Cycloning, you are immune to stun and knockback. Basically, almost nothing short of death can interrupt the movement. This includes you - cycloning blindly will not let you change your mind when you see the strong rare in the room you're entering.
You can be stopped by things that remove your move speed - freezing and beartrap will stop you.

Just like any other skill, you pay the mana cost once, when you start the skill. Thus longer Cyclones are more mana efficient - but also more risky, as there's more chance something happens to make it dangerous while you're moving.

Cyclone's DPS display is wrong. It does not account for the fact cyclone hit's twice per attack duraiton rather than once like a regular skill. Thus it willb e displaying half the actual DPS value. I am not aware of any other issues with DPS display for this skill.

EDIT: Updated since some people were misinterpreting the post
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 18, 2013, 8:29:58 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
First!
info post incoming

Owned :P
* Cheers from Argentina, the land of ping and packet loss *

#HYPEGATE

GMT -3
Lets see it!
I definitely will be the first to cyclone into multiprojectile ice mages and get permafrozen mid-animation.

That's all I know so far about the skill.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
PocketMonsters, ElectronicArts, CommandAndConquer, CaptainFairgraves, AgentTanya, OcarinaOfTime
the microtransaction effects are pretty sweet at least.
IGN: Gatline
35% DMG effectivness :O
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

While Cycloning, you are immune to stun and knockback. Basically, almost nothing short of death can interrupt the movement. This includes you - cycloning blindly will not let you change your mind when you see the strong rare in the room you're entering.

Just like any other skill, you pay the mana cost once, when you start the skill. Thus longer Cyclones are more mana efficient - but also more risky, as there's more chance something happens to make it dangerous while you're moving.

Are you saying that if we cast cyclone say a whole screen worth's of distance, that means we can't interrupt it half-way through (say, with another cyclone, or any other kind of move/attack command)?

What about cycloning in place (i.e. not moving)?
Last edited by freeb0rn on Mar 12, 2013, 7:57:05 PM
"Cyclone, like almost all weapon skills, alternates weapons when dual wielding. So each weapon will hit once per spin."

is this good or bad for Dual Wild? Not really get what does it mean xD

edit: i think its bad? So still no good AoE for Dual wild Claws/Dagger?
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Mar 12, 2013, 7:57:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info