Cyclone

Imo it kind of sucks atm, I went from 2500 dps cleave to 400 dps cyclone, it seems really really weak.
I am a little disappointed with this skill.

I understand that you wanted to balance it.

But it just doesn't feel like it does enough damage and it occasionally misses the enemy. I understand that is where accuracy kicks in but it just feels like it is missing A LOT.

I run through some mobs and they just don't get hit at all.

My build:

Dual-wielding 1H Sword Shadow.

I even have the Duelist's +2 melee range skill and it just doesn't feel right.

It is at level 5 at this very moment. It will be level 15 by the end of the night but I am not optimistic it's DPS will hit 3k but I am very disappointed at how much damage it does compared to Cleave.

(Cleave does 7k DPS)
Last edited by mrmisterwaa on Mar 12, 2013, 8:49:15 PM
increase area effect doesnt seem to be working with the skill right now...
aka Sogonzo
"
mrmisterwaa wrote:
I am a little disappointed with this skill.

I understand that you wanted to balance it.

But it just doesn't feel like it does enough damage and it occasionally misses the enemy. I understand that is where accuracy kicks in but it just feels like it is missing A LOT.

I run through some mobs and they just don't get hit at all.

My build:

Dual-wielding 1H Sword Shadow.

I even have the Duelist's +2 melee range skill and it just doesn't feel right.

It is at level 5 at this very moment. It will be level 15 by the end of the night but I am not optimistic it's DPS will hit 3k but I am very disappointed at how much damage it does compared to Cleave.

(Cleave does 7k DPS)

I just don't see any logical reason to use it over Cleave, the range is waaay to short, and the damage is waaay to low.
Hmm, use Knockback gem + Fending cluster to constantly push your enemy in front of you so you can keep hitting him? Pick up Master of the Arena and use a 2h and you could be fairly safe from melee monsters. Use a staff if you feel like you need more defense, and hell that would let you get more Knockback if you wanted.
"
stardustjenny wrote:
the skill has some kind of minimum travel distance which is relative far i guess about 20% of the screen, i could not manage to spin without moving(on place or shortening the minimum travel distance, i would not use it over other aoe skill in this state the controls are to unpredictable/imprecise for me :D

I agree, the minimum travel distance is wayyyy to long. If I have the mana to cast it again and change directions then it should allow you. Very clunky feeling as it is now.
Again I feel like my character has down syndrome. Cyclone just enhances it, taking away any free movement its all locked and crutches in this game
One thing i notice is sometimes i spin right over an enemy or a pack no damage is done to alot of mobs i went through. I have resolute technique so i dont think im missing. Its possible the monsters are not where they appear on my screen though. (this is from doing like 10 sarns run)
ign:SerCleavy
The fact that this skill makes movement speed a bad thing is absolutely retarded.
The pen is mightier than the sword, yet it is more permanent than a pencil.
Ok Im lvl 74 CI Shadow, took out Lightning strike (im running crit) and put in this.
Damage a bit to the low side with my 270ish max dam dagger, but It could be cus my gem is only lvl 4 so far.

Problem is... I will never get loot again in public games. I dont seem to be able to loot while i spin, and I cant stop the spin. In the 5 Docks runs i made, i lost about 9 of 10 yellow drops that hat my name. and I usually only lose like 1 out of 100.

For that reason alone I doubt I will use it.
IGN: SmellyBadgerS / LadyRamonaS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info