Cyclone

"
VoxelSquid wrote:
I think people are misunderstanding the benefit of dual wielding. In PoE, dual wielding is not supposed to double your dps, instead it gives you 10% More Attack Speed and 15% Block Chance. With cyclone, the increased att speed means that you spin faster and hit more often per cast. Unlike most other skills where the faster you attack, the quicker you drain your mana, att speed with cyclone increases your damage output without increasing mana expenditure. This is why cyclone is actually awesome for dual wield/high att speed.

I'm going to flat out say it. Cyclone is OP. In a good way.

Cyclone has both high attack speed and generates many hits. As such, it is *fantastic* for melee on-hit builds, i.e. elemental damage / critical strike melee builds.

You could have an awesome "Frost Cyclone" build which makes use of chance to freeze, cold damage crits, Elemental proliferation, and the insane procs with that double attack speed. You could also add in elemental equilibrium which would increase your elemental damage with the right weapons and support gems.

With duel wielding, you can use really fast 1H weapons and gain a 10% attack speed bonus on top of that, which is insane for these builds.

TLDR; Cyclone is great for on-hit builds, and duel wielding synergizes with that pretty well.
Last edited by SerBasterd on Mar 12, 2013, 8:59:48 PM
"
SerBasterd wrote:
"
VoxelSquid wrote:
I think people are misunderstanding the benefit of dual wielding. In PoE, dual wielding is not supposed to double your dps, instead it gives you 10% More Attack Speed and 15% Block Chance. With cyclone, the increased att speed means that you spin faster and hit more often per cast. Unlike most other skills where the faster you attack, the quicker you drain your mana, att speed with cyclone increases your damage output without increasing mana expenditure. This is why cyclone is actually awesome for dual wield/high att speed.

Cyclone has both high attack speed and generates many hits. As such, it is *fantastic* for melee on-hit builds, i.e. elemental damage / critical strike melee builds.

Off the top of my head, you could have an awesome "Frost Cyclone" build which makes use of chance to freeze, cold damage crits, Elemental proliferation, and the insane procs with that double attack speed. You could also add in elemental equilibrium which would increase your elemental damage with the right weapons and support gems.

With duel wielding, you can use really fast 1H weapons and gain a 10% attack speed bonus on top of that, which is insane for these builds.

TLDR; Cyclone is great for on-hit builds, and duel wielding synergizes with that pretty well.

you talk like someone who wants something to be better than it is, it has 35% dmg effectiveness
ign = ultrahiangle
"
Kalsifer wrote:
Even with increased radius gem, I barely hit mobs that I walk on top of with it. T.T

Yeah what's up with that? The skill wont work with increased radius passives or support gems.
IGN - Burq
Last edited by kyoritsu on Mar 12, 2013, 9:00:08 PM
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
SerBasterd wrote:
"
VoxelSquid wrote:

Off the top of my head, you could have an awesome "Frost Cyclone" build which makes use of chance to freeze, cold damage crits, Elemental proliferation, and the insane procs with that double attack speed. You could also add in elemental equilibrium which would increase your elemental damage with the right weapons and support gems.

you talk like someone who wants something to be better than it is, it has 35% dmg effectiveness

You talk like someone who hasn't made the comparison checks. It is quite well balanced.

"
SerBasterd wrote:
"
Nvar wrote:
35% DMG effectivness :O

But it doubles your attack speed.

Think of this skill as an AoE version of Double Strike. To compensate, it does only half as much damage to a single target as Double Strike, which means that if you are attacking more than 1 enemy, Whirlwind is as effective or better than a single enemy.

Double Strike - 0.7 Damage effectiveness, 2 hits per attack
Cyclone - 0.35 Damage effectiveness, 2 hits per attack to enemies in range
All I can say it, it doesn't make me want to switch from my ranged main, aoe radius is way to low, damage is way to low.
Please guys.

Stop talking about how OP it is.

Even if it was level 20, it would still be bad.

I tried it in Docks.

It was faster for me to cleave walk than to Cyclone. :\
"
Kalsifer wrote:
I wish it didn't have the movement portion, I think I'd be a lot more useable if you just held right click and spun in place.

Agree so much... I would use it all day every day if I could just spin in place forever. Even if it did shit damage.
The pen is mightier than the sword, yet it is more permanent than a pencil.
"
mrmisterwaa wrote:
Please guys.

Stop talking about how OP it is.

Even if it was level 20, it would still be bad.

I tried it in Docks.

It was faster for me to cleave walk than to Cyclone. :\

Lvl one freezing pulse is worse than lvl 16 fireball and so on, get cyclone to the same lvl and then tell us.
So basically I can now play a WW barb from d2... fun! I just wish other people would understand...
Does the skill roll whether you crit once per cast like other stuff? Mainly just wondering about a surgeon's flask where using the skill in front of yourself rather than farther away would fill it up a lot faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info