Cyclone

Is it in planning to be fixed GGG? At least some way to mitigate the insane desync? It's so fun but hardly useable.

I've lowered my aps down to 7.61 and it helps considerably.
I have cyclone + life gain on hit + mana leech + multistrike so far.
Problems lie in
a) the server not recognizing the initiation of cyclone yet I spin client side
b) after initiation of cyclone I'm out of sync, hitting mobs that was at previously or that I never was at
c) while attacking I desync increasingly eventually being completely out of sync and warping to a new spot
My Cyclone Duelist has Cyclone + LGoH + Mana Leech + Endurance Charge on Stun. The extra resists and armor are a life saver when desyncs happen.

Still, my #1 cause of death is desyncing, which is tempting me to switch my crowd control to Double Strike + Melee AoE or Reave and abandon Cyclone altogether.
"
"
last patch already fix tooltip dps

Yes it has changed the tooltip DPS, but it is still not close to my actual DPS
so if it says 2000 dps its actually 4000? because of the double attack per spin??
"
JoelDavidBell wrote:
I second the idea the guy in the post above me has. I hate being stopped and put in danger by accidentally running into an obstacle while Cycloning. I think that running up against a wall should not stop the Cyclone, but make the character go in one direction, or the other, along the wall. Also, those little logs and other obstacles should not stop Cyclone, either; Cycloning should be allowed to continue in a path around the object.

pls make it happen.

The Dominus fight is not possible with Cyclone. alwys getting stuck when he ports to a wall. then i have to walk away from the wall, before i can activate cyclone again.
also some times i cyclone through mobs and they take 0 damage
If this skill is going to lock you in for the duration can we please just get a minimum distance requirement then? Cyclone is so clunky against bosses that stay stationary. You go back and forth until you end up equalized then you're just standing inside the boss. It's hard to manually go back and forth because to avoid clicking the boss you end up going too far and if you start too far away they can easily sidestep out of your path.

I don't care about the desync talk going on here but the awful pathing of cyclone needs a look.

Also how about it bounces off of objects in it's path rather than stop you dead. I depend on leech, you made the game so people have to depend on leech/LGoH, you made a game with many objects on the ground with small rooms/passageways yet cyclone just leave you stopped in the middle of action figuring out a route you're allowed to use the skill in.

Min distances and mild redirection, or major. What would be wrong with you bounce off walls?

Cyclone is a great skill but the pathing of it is driving me insane. Dying to bosses because I can't perfect the back and forth (too small or too big) and going through a big pack to stop dead because there's a pebble on the ground.

Please work on this.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Got my first cyclone (2h mara) to lvl 40 and instantly got hit by the main problem:
This skill needs serious mechanical improvement.

It shouldn't be even hard to redesign this skill:

(1) First of all, remove the forced "room to move" requirement
(unable to cast unless direct proximity has enough free room).

Activating cyclone should make your char spin, no matter where or how you stand, or what is in your way.

Currently even clicking on targets that surround you at point blank cause the skill to be blocked, due to desync, and this unnecessary requirement of having a few feet of room to move.

Once this requirement is removed and we can spin freely, and hit what's around us, even though the screen shows us something else. A big step towards debugging the skill and making it much more reliable, away from being such a horrible death trap.

(2) Now that we can spin stationary, we have a problem with the cost trigger.

The suggestion above can make us burnout all mana in a second, or in most cases (BM) kill us.
This is why the cost should be changed from "cost per cast" into "cost over time".
I think the default channeling duration could be around 2 sec, 3 sec with slower builds and gems, and 0.5 sec with speed builds. In other words cyclone casting time duration can be modified with attack speed and redu/inc duration gems. Movement speed has no effect on it.

As the gem is atm, it needs a cost nerf, or else nobody would be able to run it with support gems. Maybe down to 10 mana at gemlvl 1 and 30 mana at gemlvl 20. Ballpark figures.
This would keep it balanced, by compensating for cyclone being channeled so often for short periods of time.

(3) The cosmetics, animation.

Granted, spinning like a blender next to a boss, totally stationary, looks stupid as fuck.
To prevent or minimise this negative effect, the animation will have a following priority check list:

A) If there is room around the target, move around it clockwise.
Remember, cyclone is now channeled, so it doesn't matter how often you click the skill, the cost stays the same. Clicking the skill again however, makes you spin the other way around the target, in this case counter clockwise. This keeps things from getting stale if you will.

B) If there is no room to spin around a target (a one way tight corridor), you will do what cyclone currently does: spin through the target to the other side, back and forth in a line.

C) If the target is totally cornered and surrounded by 3 walls, you have no choice but to spin stationary. Looks ugly as shit maybe, but for all I know, the entire game does not have any location like this where a target can be cornered by three fucking walls,
so this shouldn't even be an issue.

There, cyclone fixed.
Now it's fun, doesn't bug, it's not a risk, it works.

If I forgot something, ask me and I'll fill in the missing parts.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Dec 13, 2013, 11:14:15 PM
This ability is by far the worst for de-syncing. I think you could remedy this by incorporating the /oos command into the skill, so it gets called without (any limitation) every time the ability is used.

This would have to be separate and without limitation as mentioned, to the general /oos that happens at set time intervals by the client/sever.
I don't understand why we can't even control cyclone's direction. I just fought the last boss on cruel and it drove me insane while cyclonin'... The character simply kept moving away from the boss to hit totens and some other mobs on the other side of the screen. Sync problem is another issue that need URGENT fix
I came back here to complain about cyclone's sync problem, but it rapped me so bad few minutes ago that I can't even think straight...
I dont like playing ranged or caster, that why I always pick the most "bazooka" character possible.

If wasn't bad enough cyclone's lack of direction control, ("oh! I'll cross 37yards to hit that creature while a caster smoke me from 5yards...) there is a fifty-fifty chance to run all the way for nothing, cause once I get there, it just passes by and dont hit the creature. AND, (yes, here comes more dick...) I get TELEPORTE BACK to cyclone's starting point BUT, ( ball's knocking...) completely smoked from that innocent low life caster AND (jesus...) smashed by the far away mob...

Wanna know how stupid I fell playing like this? Watch this link or go youtube and search for "Sir Lancelot attacks castle Python".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoM7V54T-c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info