Cyclone

At the very least, you need to be able to spin in place if blocked by random doodads or walls. Implement that and the skill at least isnt suicidal in HC.
My questions to the devs:

Why does cyclone desync so much?

Why does cyclone with shift pressed desync so much less?

How hard is it to code it differently so it acts like you press shift always?

You do know whirlwind/cyclone is probably the most popular skill in ARPGs right? So why isn't it priority #1 to fix or at least improve its desync issue?
Wish Cyclone did internal /oos with every single spin it does.
Whore Queen of Babylon
Want to avoid desynch with Cyclone? Stop clicking on a mob to activate the skill. Instead, click just beyond the target, in the direction in which you want to travel.

By clicking on a spot to activate the skill, (either shift+left click or right-click mapping of skill) you are sending a movement command to the server that has the added component of performing the Cyclone attack as you move. Any mobs between start and finish will take damage. Note, if a single-click movement command would not get you from point A to point B due to terrain/obstacles then neither will the above method, as you are asking the impossible of the server.

You cannot use Cyclone as your only attack. If you are dual wield and don't have at Dual Strike on your bar for single-target beatdowns then you might be doing it wrong. Two-hander Cyclonists can use Heavy Strike or Double Strike for singles. One hand/shield users have other options available as well. Anyone that thinks they can get away with using just one damage skill for all content in the game is a fool, period.

Cyclone wrecks mob packs, allowing for safe and effective clean-up of all those "white trash" mobs. Life Gain on Hit + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun will have you at 100% HP and ready to mitigate magic/rare/boss damage when you go in for the kill with your single-target skill.

Personally, I like to drop a totem (shockwave, decoy, spell totem + summon skeletons, searing bond, take your pick) and then Cyclone to a point just beyond the mobs and then back to the totem, attempting to pass directly over/through the mobs on the way. If I have to clean up then click just beyond the totem on the way back.

Honestly, it isn't that this skill creates any more desynch than any other skill in the game, it's that players make decisions that effect client/server synch in negative ways, then fail to compensate for that choice.

All the posts in this thread re: desynch with cyclone + multistrike...so many players banging their heads against a wall they have built themselves.
"
Sinnesteuer wrote:

Honestly, it isn't that this skill creates any more desynch than any other skill in the game, it's that players make decisions that effect client/server synch in negative ways, then fail to compensate for that choice.

Yes it does. It is a movement skill that often activates on the client and does not activate on the server due to obstacles. This is unique to cyclone. With any other skill, even if you make the mistake of attack-moving on an enemy, your character will at least path to that enemy (or into LoS of that enemy). With cyclone your character literally does nothing client side, then dies because you aren't leeching life.

This can go on for a very long time. Multiple 'fake' cyclones animating client side while you're just standing next to some random rocks doing nothing server side. This is not an issue that can be fixed by not clicking on monsters. You are always a bit out of sync, and in tighter environments that little bit of unavoidable misrepresentation is massively compounded in a unique way by cyclone.

Potential solutions would be allowing cyclone to activate even if blocked by obstacles, and merely spin in place. Alternatively, if cyclone was blocked then it could path your character into a position where it was not.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Dec 4, 2013, 5:20:37 AM
Hm, i have an question about the mana-consumption:

When i click very near to my char and hold the Cylone-Hotkey, my char moves in the cursor-direction while spinning... my mana goes down very fast...
When i move my curser to the edge of my screen, then start cylone, my mana goes down much much slower!

I thought it drains mana while spinning, but that seems to be false...

Can anybody explain this or am i wrong?
"
xXSylarXx wrote:
Hm, i have an question about the mana-consumption:

When i click very near to my char and hold the Cylone-Hotkey, my char moves in the cursor-direction while spinning... my mana goes down very fast...
When i move my curser to the edge of my screen, then start cylone, my mana goes down much much slower!

I thought it drains mana while spinning, but that seems to be false...

Can anybody explain this or am i wrong?
it is a once time cost per activation. if you target far away, the skill will keep doing its thing untill it ends or hit something. if you were holding the mouse button for close locations, then yes it'll still drain your mana because you "keep using" it.
I see some exile saying that the true DPS of Cyclone is much higher than the number shown on the skill bar.Is that true? If so ,how can I calculate my true DPS in game?
"
Shock_x wrote:
I see some exile saying that the true DPS of Cyclone is much higher than the number shown on the skill bar.Is that true? If so ,how can I calculate my true DPS in game?

last patch already fix tooltip dps
IGN: Aqur
"
last patch already fix tooltip dps

Yes it has changed the tooltip DPS, but it is still not close to my actual DPS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info