Cyclone

"
Quantume wrote:

It shouldn't be even hard to redesign this skill:

(1) First of all, remove the forced "room to move" requirement
(unable to cast unless direct proximity has enough free room).

Activating cyclone should make your char spin, no matter where or how you stand, or what is in your way.

Currently even clicking on targets that surround you at point blank cause the skill to be blocked, due to desync, and this unnecessary requirement of having a few feet of room to move.

Once this requirement is removed and we can spin freely, and hit what's around us, even though the screen shows us something else. A big step towards debugging the skill and making it much more reliable, away from being such a horrible death trap.

(2) Now that we can spin stationary, we have a problem with the cost trigger.

The suggestion above can make us burnout all mana in a second, or in most cases (BM) kill us.
This is why the cost should be changed from "cost per cast" into "cost over time".
I think the default channeling duration could be around 2 sec, 3 sec with slower builds and gems, and 0.5 sec with speed builds. In other words cyclone casting time duration can be modified with attack speed and redu/inc duration gems. Movement speed has no effect on it.

As the gem is atm, it needs a cost nerf, or else nobody would be able to run it with support gems. Maybe down to 10 mana at gemlvl 1 and 30 mana at gemlvl 20. Ballpark figures.
This would keep it balanced, by compensating for cyclone being channeled so often for short periods of time.

I hope whoever designs the skill reads this.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Last edited by Fire_Kid on Dec 21, 2013, 6:18:31 PM
remove distance requirement, make skill a drain on mana over time while active a-la arctic armor, and when attacking make it use the terrain a-la storm call instead of enemies as its targetting mechanic to avoid desync. allow the skill to be recast every .4 seconds or so, reduced to ~.22 with multistrike and/or a lot of attack speed so as to be more fluid, and allow dual wielders to attack with both weapons instead of alternating between them, and this skill might just be useful.

as it is now, the only thing i use it for is suicide and desync. it has no real value because it has so many problems. its mana cost is also absurdly high if you use it rapidly over a short period of time, like attacking for short distances to try to spin around a group of enemies instead of doing a weird pirouette with swords for far too long to be reasonable.

i really want to use this skill. i miss whirlwind. this needs to be whirlwind. please fix it.
a little bit overboard on whats needed to fix cyclone....my only problem is that cyclone+multstrike auto targets other enemies while locked on to a single target, remove auto targeting=fix
That's just how Multistrike works (for any Skill), and is an intentional downside.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 23, 2013, 2:35:50 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
That's just how Multistrike works (for any Skill), and is an intentional downside.

If it's an intentional design for a skill to attack every enemy withing ten miles EXCEPT the one that you are actually targeting, then this skill deserves the most epic troll reward ever.

Seriously, the least they could do is make cyclone + multistrike attack what we are clicking at, and NOT FUCKING WANDER OFF INTO THE NEXT ROOM 4 SCREENS AWAY !!!

What's next on the brilliant GGG dev list?
A option menu that makes deletes your char when you slide the sound bar around?
"WORKING AS INTENTED? FUCK YEAH!"
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
Quantume wrote:
If it's an intentional design for a skill to attack every enemy withing ten miles EXCEPT the one that you are actually targeting, then this skill deserves the most epic troll reward ever.

Seriously, the least they could do is make cyclone + multistrike attack what we are clicking at, and NOT FUCKING WANDER OFF INTO THE NEXT ROOM 4 SCREENS AWAY !!!

So basically you just want a free +100% more IAS? How about learn from your mistake and not use MS w/ it? The benefit of MS is it doubles your attack speed, the drawback is you're committed to 3 attacks, see how that works? It took me 1 cyclone w/ MS to realize it's a very bad idea, learn and move on.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Hello there , im playing a cyclone build and its pretty fun except for 2 things:

1- The desync amount is ridiculously high (like really high) which is so so so much annoying (im really annoyed) and it doesnt happen that much with me while playing with any other spell , so im guessing this is a cyclone problem , and i havent read all the 116 pages (too much) to see if this problem is already mentioned.

2- Since the purpose for the spell i guess is to be fairly aoe i guess it should be given more things to improve its range , suggestions:
- give +3-4 to melee weapon range on max quality instead of 20% increased aoe which seems useless.
- increase the weapon range bonus of nodes or unqiue items that has it (e.g Daresso's salute, Master of the Arena)
- Change the mod of Marohi erqi (unique mace) from "supported with lvl 15 increase aoe" to +2 weapon range or something.

Those are the suggestions that came over my mind while playing this fun build , i am currently lvl 71 and i managed to get the items and nodes needed for this build i am going through
Spoiler
, but even tho , the range or aoe seems to be nothing like expected despite the calculations and other stuff.
I hope you guys would be interested in improving this skill without being worried about it getting "OP" for the existence of a lot of other "OP" skills and builds out there e.g crit lgiht arrow , discharger , infernal blow(which i played) , and hopefully fix the desync issue because im really thinking like its not worth it.
Thanks for reading and hope i get a reply for clarification.
Last edited by colonelzzz on Dec 28, 2013, 3:17:07 AM
this skill is unbelievable bad

Its targeting pattern is bad, if mob is too close, the character will just sit there not doing nothing, and cant restart the cyclone cicle

the movement penalty pretty much render it useless in many maps (such as fire patch on ground, for example)

It stops spinning randomly, or when the enemy dies....pretty lame and uninspired
the skill targets the targets far away, even if i have 7+ mobs destroying me in melee range, have to STOP and RECAST (if it doesn't bug out and just stop recasting)...

OVERALL, MY NOTE WILL BE 1/10 , for this particular skill, it is impossible to use in most scenarios, where we have trees, or other objects blocking the path

Note to teh one who designed it: have you ever tried to attack with cyclone an enemy who is close to an wall, or obstacle? I guess not....
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Quantume wrote:

So basically you just want a free +100% more IAS? How about learn from your mistake and not use MS w/ it? The benefit of MS is it doubles your attack speed, the drawback is you're committed to 3 attacks, see how that works? It took me 1 cyclone w/ MS to realize it's a very bad idea, learn and move on.

Sorry but his points are valid, and hold true
this skill is so buggy and bad...i just went back to reave
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
Can someone reply at my post please???!??!?? atleast some info if it is going to be fixed/changed something... it is really pissing me off , UNPLAYABLE .... No way to play it , i swear i was runing a map today with some people and all i do is either die or cyclone nothing because im not actualy at the place im looking on in the screen , i actualy did nothing in that map , and even when im soloing stuff or farming , the chance of not getting a desync when using cyclone is wayy less than to get desync , its really stupid and it is a shame , srsly unplayable discusting , such waste , i dont know what to reroll now on my marauder .... thinking to just quit
Last edited by colonelzzz on Dec 30, 2013, 9:40:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info