Patchnotes in short form:

Better announced Attacks with more damage (laggy Servers) = more Damage taken
Immortal Call nerf = more Damage taken
Block nerf = more Damage taken
Evasion nerf trough new Accuracy behavior = more Damage taken
Energy Shield nerf = Less effective HP Pool
Warlords Mark nerf = Casters can't use it, Endurance Charges gone
No new LP Nodes (Blood Magic Wheel nerfed), only DPS Nodes
Improvements to melee Skills are questionable. Damage was not the problem. Clear potential still is

I want a 3 screens wide Aoe for Earthquake. You only nerfed the survivability and hope people will play this game now longer to reach level 100

This. I'm trying to figure out how this is a net win for Melee. I have a great DPS character with a Frost Blades Scion, that clears relatively fast, thanks to the now gutted Multisrike.

but I'm only able to chain kill a screen, at best. I don't have the AOE - Move - AOE - Move - AOE - Boss - Dead 30 second map screen capability of the top ranged builds.

BUT, to have even a modicum of survival, I'm relying heavily on skills that now all share a cooldown. Even then, It's an awful lot of RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! from things, and zipping around.

They are putting a TON of emphasis on this animation cancelling, as it being the saving grace of melee, but I can't even begin to figure out what kind of DPS loss I'm staring at, because the day before the patch goes live, I'm still trying to parse the data that the third party tools have (which isn't complete, because they don't have gem changes), to see just how terrible they gutted the melee skills that people were using.

I've lost a lot of confidence in GGG over the past 3 months, and at this point, if I can't rebuild my chars to be at least what they were in 3.6, I'm just done.

Between the "It's hard!" bullshit excuses, the fact that it took them 6 months to fix the standard map system that they broke, knowing the change would break it (that's when you say: STOP! WAIT! DON'T LAUNCH THAT! WE NEED TO HAVE A FIX FOR THIS BEFORE WE GUT IT!), the constant gutting of Molten Strike, the Melee "fix" patch coming with a ton of survivability losses, and very little promise of clear speed fixes, coupled with GGG's absolute infatuation with obfuscating basic, and fundamental information for their game from the playerbase, I'm just not having fun anymore. It was one thing, when you needed to do a ton of research during open beta, or right after the game launched. They were a small company, just getting the game live, and into the hands of the players.

But this far out from the original launch of the game, and to still be so heavily reliant on third party tools to do basic calculations, and planning for the game, because there are ZERO in game / on site tools to handle these needs is just unacceptable.
RIP Occultist... :(
Most of us don't like league. You can play leagues and we play SD.

I only say that game must have something else that we all stay playing.
If we SD players stop playing you League players are going to support much more
if you want play.

Team needs us all. BE KIND.
"
shoju wrote:
"
SppokyVega wrote:
Patchnotes in short form:

Better announced Attacks with more damage (laggy Servers) = more Damage taken
Immortal Call nerf = more Damage taken
Block nerf = more Damage taken
Evasion nerf trough new Accuracy behavior = more Damage taken
Energy Shield nerf = Less effective HP Pool
Warlords Mark nerf = Casters can't use it, Endurance Charges gone
No new LP Nodes (Blood Magic Wheel nerfed), only DPS Nodes
Improvements to melee Skills are questionable. Damage was not the problem. Clear potential still is

I want a 3 screens wide Aoe for Earthquake. You only nerfed the survivability and hope people will play this game now longer to reach level 100

This. I'm trying to figure out how this is a net win for Melee. I have a great DPS character with a Frost Blades Scion, that clears relatively fast, thanks to the now gutted Multisrike.

but I'm only able to chain kill a screen, at best. I don't have the AOE - Move - AOE - Move - AOE - Boss - Dead 30 second map screen capability of the top ranged builds.

BUT, to have even a modicum of survival, I'm relying heavily on skills that now all share a cooldown. Even then, It's an awful lot of RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! from things, and zipping around.

They are putting a TON of emphasis on this animation cancelling, as it being the saving grace of melee, but I can't even begin to figure out what kind of DPS loss I'm staring at, because the day before the patch goes live, I'm still trying to parse the data that the third party tools have (which isn't complete, because they don't have gem changes), to see just how terrible they gutted the melee skills that people were using.

I've lost a lot of confidence in GGG over the past 3 months, and at this point, if I can't rebuild my chars to be at least what they were in 3.6, I'm just done.

Between the "It's hard!" bullshit excuses, the fact that it took them 6 months to fix the standard map system that they broke, knowing the change would break it (that's when you say: STOP! WAIT! DON'T LAUNCH THAT! WE NEED TO HAVE A FIX FOR THIS BEFORE WE GUT IT!), the constant gutting of Molten Strike, the Melee "fix" patch coming with a ton of survivability losses, and very little promise of clear speed fixes, coupled with GGG's absolute infatuation with obfuscating basic, and fundamental information for their game from the playerbase, I'm just not having fun anymore. It was one thing, when you needed to do a ton of research during open beta, or right after the game launched. They were a small company, just getting the game live, and into the hands of the players.

But this far out from the original launch of the game, and to still be so heavily reliant on third party tools to do basic calculations, and planning for the game, because there are ZERO in game / on site tools to handle these needs is just unacceptable.

I knew this melee "rework" would be nothing but a gutting of existing skills and mega system wide nerf.

Most of what I've seen on melee attacks in these patch notes, they slowed it down by 50% and try to pass it off as a buff. BS, speed for melee is everything.

F--k this game, I'm sick of it.
Every time im starting to have fun with something it gets a nerf. And im really tired of the skill tree reset. At least let us reset the full tree easyer. At least in Standard.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out exactly what the point of the changes to melee, and gutting attack speed is for.

Melee is laughably behind ranged in terms of clear speed, and then they went and gutted the gem that actually gave them a chance at clear speed, and tacked on some damage around it, and wrapped it up in a "BuT yOu CaN cAnCeL yOuR aTtAcK aNiMaTiOnS nOw!" bow, that is supposed to make me all moist for the changes.

And I'm still just utterly baffled by the curb stomping of Molten Strike. Molten Strike wasn't the clear speed monster, but it was a good, sturdy, dependable build. MAYBE, and I'm just spitballing here, Molten Strike could have been looked at as an example of "Melee that doesn't suck", and left alone, and bring the rest of melee UP to it, instead of doing... whatever this looks like to melee, and then punching Molten Strike players in the face, and saying thanks for blowing tons of orbs to try and get good gear. Hope you don't mind that we decided that we don't want you to play that again...
Last edited by shoju on Jun 6, 2019, 12:12:07 PM
Apep's Rage OMEGALUL POISON

Pogg champ rework

Not even sure if I wanna go melee because of that
Last edited by axeltt012 on Jun 6, 2019, 12:13:52 PM
very disappointed that wild strike does not have any meaningful changes to mechanics or whatsoever, once again. Have no idea why GGG rather buffs the skills that are already being used and are generally considered strong (e.g. tectonic slam, reave etc.)

Some changes don't even make sense - giving conversion skills added elemental damage? are you serious? then what is the point of "conversion" in the first place? And added 7x-11x physical damage for some skills.... I am just speechless.
A lot of good changes here. Thanks a lot!

- ES is still fine... you just don't have to only play occultist to play es. Every ascendancy can get wicked ward now.

- Molten strike should still be fine too. Attacking the ground to drop balls was broken. To get make those dps balls do damage now, you have to get in close and actually hit something...also look at the + to melee range.....

- Trickster is fine. It got a minor slap on the wrist...

- Occultist and elementalist are going to need some reworks now, mostly occultist though.

- Occ needs a major overhaul now. Although Es is still fine with wicked ward still being available to all ES builds, all of the occ nodes are trying to do different things rather than going together in different combinations to create a good build.
-Occ needs more identity now. it has none really.

-Elementalist losing its prolif hurts a lot....I mean we could always use a gem to spread prolif? but we would lose dps for sure. Ignite prolif gem isn't so bad though.
- Elementalist can still work. it doesn't need a big rework like Occ.

Curious on what GGG will do with the other ascendancy classes in the future.
This patch gave the classes they worked on identity. Looking forward to future patches and identity of the ascendancy classes!

Overall the changes were great!
GGG why not compensate dps loss from abyssal nerf to all minions?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info