Path of Exile: Legion Patch Notes

Fortify support: "Now grants 0.5% increased Attack Damage per 1% quality (previously granted 0.5% increased Fortify Duration per 1% quality)."

You people realize that nobody puts fortify on their damage dealers. This is useless. Why even quality the gem?
its a build that i've played on standard for over 8 months. 8 months of work that they gutted because they want to force people to play melee. you wana sit there and think face rolling in a game thats literally an arpg is bad go ahead but i think you're in the wrong game genre.
forum/view-thread/2112954

forum/view-thread/1915830
"
Imharil wrote:
I don't care about the nerfs but .. 10go for this kind of update ? Are you kidding ? Do you know some players (like me) take about 8h to download 10 fcking Go ? How can you justify it ? Is the winter orb nerf that big ? I can't even try out the new league today because of that. Developpers these days just never think aboout the size of their updates, or optimize it. They just develop MORE CONTENT ALL WE NEED WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

No.

Loled. We are living in 2019 year.
Why GGG must waste their time for compressing their files for people like you?
10gb = nothing for today.
"
Knavt wrote:
"
Imharil wrote:
I don't care about the nerfs but .. 10go for this kind of update ? Are you kidding ? Do you know some players (like me) take about 8h to download 10 fcking Go ? How can you justify it ? Is the winter orb nerf that big ? I can't even try out the new league today because of that. Developpers these days just never think aboout the size of their updates, or optimize it. They just develop MORE CONTENT ALL WE NEED WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

No.

Loled. We are living in 2019 year.
Why GGG must waste their time for compressing their files for people like you?
10gb = nothing for today.

OP is a bit dramatic and probably just mad that he lives on a farm. I can relate. 10gB is nothing for anyone in a semi-urban area since you can easily hit 2mB/s down in even somewhere remote. The best rural internet you can get around here that doesn't have a 10 gb data cap before switching to a hundredth of its normal speed (lol) is 600 kB/s with a 150 gB data cap.

Beyond that, be blessed that you live with internet at all, OP, and enjoy the game. The slow speed feels the worst when you've lived with fast speeds your whole life.
idk if anyone else has had similar, and am not really interested in spending a hour or more sifting through the pages of this patch notes to see if someone already mentioned it, but Chain Hook skill gem makes the game literally crash, i tried to use it across several different days, and it has the same result.

doesn't matter when i use it when monster mobs are present or not, the few times it didn't crash the game it was the most fun i have ever had with PoE in my 1200+ hours so far. it's not my computer that's the problem either since i can play PoE on max settings and not experience crashes like this before (disconnects aside, as per normal obviously), and only with chain hook.

also on the subject on Chain Hook, it's possibly the most OP gem i have used in Legion, or any other league since. the mechanics behind it are what makes it so powerful, so if you haven't tried it out (and when it works it is bonkers good fun) i'd advise you all to do so before GGG changes it (nerf bats it to nerfsylvania).

Meaty Treats
Morning Sausage
Escaped Lunatic
"All melee skills now have an Attack Speed multiplier built into the gem. This is functionally identical to the effects of the "more attack speed" or "less attack speed" stat lines that were previously on some gems"

But they don't though. Viper Strike does not have anything about attack speed on it. Is this intentional?
At first I thought this was going to be the 2nd best or even best league I've ever played. While the league generally is quite fun, with some interesting mechanics such as the incubators, I can't help but feel disappointed.

The changes to some skills are underwhelming and some even annoying. Skills that were weak and therefor not a sensible choice to play/farm with still feel weak. Even with the new support skills.
Perhaps the next thing that bugs me may be the main reason for the disappointment with the skill changes to begin with: The HP increase for magic monsters and above
At first I thought this could be kinda cool, making some fights a bit more interesting. But I feel this even made some skills that were viable to clear red maps with nonviable to do so. And it of course slowed down weaker skills even more when it comes to clear speed and killing bosses. Which is very against the nature of path of exile in my opinion. No one wants to spend 10 min or more in each map, unless it's to pick up a shit ton of loot if there ever should drop as much.

Last but not least, the unusual and very high amount of crashes this league is beyond annoying. Three weeks in and I still crash at least once per day.

To sum it up, disappointed again *cough* Synthesis *cough*. Anyway, this is my opinion on this league.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the game

P.S. Might be wrong thread to post this but I can't be arsed to look for the proper one :P
These kind of thoughtful and meticulous updates is why I keep coming back to the game. Thanks for everything you do! Excellent update
"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." - Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info