Path of Exile: Legion Patch Notes

dammit they said 1pm California time I knew I should have done my Nico last night!!!!

Have fun on patch day everyone!! I can't wait to hear the whining in here. I'm all ready to have it suck for a day or two but I am so stoked for new stuff I am going to play anyway. If you get all agro over such things in life just wait a few days, it will be fine. Go surfing instead.
"
Higorvilpon wrote:
Hi all, i see there are many new nodes on Passive Tree, we will have more quests to get more skill points?
It would be a form of balance..

That would be pretty cool. I think they would have told us by now if there were more points though.
nice
"
stagul wrote:

If you want to play a game where you'r build stays like you made it forever. Path of exile or any type of game with a 3month cycle is not for you.

Working as intended, moving on.

Then they just need to remove Standard. Because, we standard players are real, and pay money, too. Many in Standard have been around a REALLY long time.
Did I just read all of that? I don't remember reading all of it...
"
Timmen00 wrote:
"
Smoknjoe24 wrote:

I keep seeing people say this over and over, and it's pure gibberish.

I can understand a shifting Meta. It makes sense to keep the game fresh. However, gutting occultist and Molten Strike was way out of line. Occultist was only OP because of the crafting meta from sythesis, and with it not even being part of the league this time around, the gutting was just heavy handed BS.

Molten Strike, while a strong skill, was NEVER a top tier build for clear or bossing. Now it will be utterly worthless even as a starter build just to raise currency for better push builds.

No matter how much the Meta shifts, the heavy handed nerfs were uncalled for.

It is not gibberish at all. A new league is a fresh start. I don't know why people are counting on playing the same build each league? 'Hard work'?. You played synth league, when synth ends that char is done. Legion is a new start.

And molten strike was the top delve build in synth. In top 500 delvers (both sc and hc) you saw 95% using molten strike, of which like 75% was occultist. Also it was strong for both clearing and bosses too.

These posts just make it seem like you think the world evolves around you. They doing meta shifts every league, and somehow you expect that your current build will always be top end? Also, if you are good at occultist, just play occultist. I believe it is still decent ascendency.

Nowhere in my post did I say anything about hard work. I could give a shit less about my old chars. I'm talking about gutting an ascendency based on a Synthesis crafting meta, and gutting a Strong, but not overpowered skill like Molten Strike based on a side portion of the game that is effectively meaningless filler content that we can do if we choose. Nerfing the skill because of that one SMALL part of the game is ludicrous. Blade Flurry has dominated Bossing for 4 leagues in a row, where it's gutting nerfs at?7
PC Specs :

I7-7700K @5.0GHz, 16 GB Patriot Viper DDR4, GTX 1070, Intel 600p 512GB NVME SSD
Last edited by Smoknjoe24 on Jun 7, 2019, 3:28:31 PM
"
shoju wrote:
"
stagul wrote:

If you want to play a game where you'r build stays like you made it forever. Path of exile or any type of game with a 3month cycle is not for you.

Working as intended, moving on.

Then they just need to remove Standard. Because, we standard players are real, and pay money, too. Many in Standard have been around a REALLY long time.

I agree with you there. I prefer the new leagues, myself. My issue becomes when they take strong builds and make them utterly useless even as a league starter. I don't want to run the same push build each league, but I do want a consistent currency farm (starter) to get the currency to build the push build I want.

This is the point many of the people don't get. This stupid idea that I wanna play the same build every league for the whole league is ludicrous. What I should not HAVE to do is change STARTER builds every fkn league. I have several builds I wish to try out this league. Guess what, THAT TAKES CURRENCY to do. With no real way to see before hand what skill/char combos will be good for such things because none of the tools we have have the new gems in. Relying on what was a stable league starter prior is the way to go.

I am disabled and have issues with certain playstyles, especially early on. I will now be forced to move away from a league start build I could count on league after league to get me where I needed to be to build my push builds, into a lot of uncertainty, simply because they gutted one skill based on a SIDE part of the game. Utterly ridiculous.
PC Specs :

I7-7700K @5.0GHz, 16 GB Patriot Viper DDR4, GTX 1070, Intel 600p 512GB NVME SSD
I don't care about the nerfs but .. 10go for this kind of update ? Are you kidding ? Do you know some players (like me) take about 8h to download 10 fcking Go ? How can you justify it ? Is the winter orb nerf that big ? I can't even try out the new league today because of that. Developpers these days just never think aboout the size of their updates, or optimize it. They just develop MORE CONTENT ALL WE NEED WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

No.
"
Imharil wrote:
I don't care about the nerfs but .. 10go for this kind of update ? Are you kidding ? Do you know some players (like me) take about 8h to download 10 fcking Go ? How can you justify it ? Is the winter orb nerf that big ? I can't even try out the new league today because of that. Developpers these days just never think aboout the size of their updates, or optimize it. They just develop MORE CONTENT ALL WE NEED WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

No.

Just don't use steam to patch

Just 5GB for using GGG own client
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
GG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info