Path of Exile: Legion Patch Notes

totally gutted the two main witch ascendancies. man ggg wtf?
Why noone will pick occ? U can still pick wicked ward on tree and u can spend ascend points somewhere else...occ still will be viable for some builds, they difderence is id u want to go es char u dont have to pick occ. And dont start with this es is dead bullcrap
"
Socaro wrote:
Why noone will pick occ? U can still pick wicked ward on tree and u can spend ascend points somewhere else...occ still will be viable for some builds, they difderence is id u want to go es char u dont have to pick occ. And dont start with this es is dead bullcrap

ES isnt dead, it is just significantly harder to get to the places you want your ES to be. No more Synth modded ES items and a further reduction to ES gains just puts ES back abit further than before. Honestly the ES nerfs are kind of unwarranted, without the Synth items with extra ES I personally think ES is perfectly fine.
IGN:AmberKB
"
Socaro wrote:

Es isn't dead, though its much harder to get a reasonable amount of es now. All I'm saying is occultist is dead. +1 curse is still good, but what else? Wicked Ward is still good, yes, but the actual ascendancy nodes for occ are pretty bad. Vile Bastion is pretty mediocre at best now since you cant get anywhere near the es pool you could, and on top of that it caps out at 10%. Frigid Wake is meh. Forbidden Power is good depending on the type of build, but why would you go crit occ when you can just go ele and get the same es pool while doing more dmg. Which leaves us with Withering Presence which gives free wither and 20% chaos dmg, in reality it rlly only gives the chaos dmg since any build that benefits from wither is using a wither totem.
"
Amberfied wrote:
"
Socaro wrote:

ES isnt dead, it is just significantly harder to get to the places you want your ES to be. No more Synth modded ES items and a further reduction to ES gains just puts ES back abit further than before. Honestly the ES nerfs are kind of unwarranted, without the Synth items with extra ES I personally think ES is perfectly fine.

But when you couple this with the changes they made to low-level darkness farming last league which resulted in Dense fossils becoming alarmingly expensive in order to craft substantial ES gear, you're going to see most people simply not bothering with it.

Which makes no sense given the changes last league to ES leech in order to provide a similar playing experience to Life based builds. You'd think they'd continue to want people building ES seeing as how they dedicated almost an entire league around making it part of the meta.

Just a really, really confusing change that will now return high ES builds solely into the hands of the incredibly rich.
Last edited by jacoblaren on Jun 22, 2020, 3:07:54 AM
"
Squishysquish wrote:
totally gutted the two main witch ascendancies. man ggg wtf?

This is melee league whether you like it or not!
"
jacoblaren wrote:
Were the game-breaking intervention encounters fixed? That was one of the biggest reasons I stopped playing. Freeze, freeze, freeze.. dead.

It was also the reason I didn't buy a supporter pack last league. I don't see the issue mentioned anywhere in these patch notes, but perhaps I'm blind.

Have you tried again recently? I was progressively resolved for me, through the Synthesis league. No problem during the Flashback race, even with all the shit going on.
"
jacoblaren wrote:
Were the game-breaking intervention encounters fixed? That was one of the biggest reasons I stopped playing. Freeze, freeze, freeze.. dead.

It was also the reason I didn't buy a supporter pack last league. I don't see the issue mentioned anywhere in these patch notes, but perhaps I'm blind.

You're not blind. I searched for it too. No mention whatsoever.

Which is dumb, because it's such an easy fix: pre-load the encounter just like Fortification, Transportation, and Research are, and just make it so you have to talk to Jun to trigger it.

The fact that they force the encounter to load AFTER all other map assets is just...baffling. It's such an easy fix that they have failed to address for 3 whole months.

You're not alone. I stopped playing Synthesis for that reason alone, along with my normal group of friends. Issues like this should in no way still exist in a game that has such an otherwise dedicated and receptive development team.
RIP Molten Strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info