Will there be a new atlas every league now?

WE DID IT!

THEY FIXED IT!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Ok... Now I wonder if they will still stay at the atlas shufling every three months, or will this idea no longer seem so great to them :P By the way, it had to look really tragic, since they decided that the possible continuation of this scam would take them more losses than incomes.
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
This solves part of the problem to do with map availability and storage, assuming the maps that are bulk converted truly are equivalent. The phrase they use is:

"also bulk-converts all of the maps in it into equivalent ones at the right tiers from the new series"

What does this actually mean? Will a level 14 rare 20 quality map be converted to another rare map with the same affixes and quality or will it randomised or converted to another rarity and quality. Worse still will it simply be an implementation of the crunch 3 maps to make one of the next highest tier?

Until we know the conversion mechanism I reserve judgement on how useful this is going to be. We players who play the game mostly in Standard might still have to go through another round complaining and serious discontent over a lot of unnecessary changes to our Atlas that disrupt our long term playing of the game and cost us a huge amount of time and currency to restore our positions.

In the future I will play in temporary leagues if they seem fun and profitable, but I want my progress in Standard to be safe, because that is where I get my sense of achievement doing things I've never done before with my old faithful characters that I want to play for years. I'm a slow player and I only play a few hours a week, maybe 10 to 20 so resetting the atlas is very inconvenient ;)
"
Marhallet wrote:
This solves part of the problem to do with map availability and storage, assuming the maps that are bulk converted truly are equivalent. The phrase they use is:

"also bulk-converts all of the maps in it into equivalent ones at the right tiers from the new series"

What does this actually mean? Will a level 14 rare 20 quality map be converted to another rare map with the same affixes and quality or will it randomised or converted to another rarity and quality. Worse still will it simply be an implementation of the crunch 3 maps to make one of the next highest tier?

Until we know the conversion mechanism I reserve judgement on how useful this is going to be. We players who play the game mostly in Standard might still have to go through another round complaining and serious discontent over a lot of unnecessary changes to our Atlas that disrupt our long term playing of the game and cost us a huge amount of time and currency to restore our positions.

In the future I will play in temporary leagues if they seem fun and profitable, but I want my progress in Standard to be safe, because that is where I get my sense of achievement doing things I've never done before with my old faithful characters that I want to play for years. I'm a slow player and I only play a few hours a week, maybe 10 to 20 so resetting the atlas is very inconvenient ;)

+1

Still: I'm satisfied with the official statement. Let's hope they get it right.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
There will always be something to complain about... don't worry.
More like Blizzard every season. Are all gaming forums going to become the real end game?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There will always be something to complain about... don't worry.

And you'll always be here to stand up for the Big Guys like GGG and Tencent, well done. I'm sure they appreciate your valiant efforts to struggle against the grievances of us unwashed masses :P
for me this is an acceptable fix
im happy

(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Checked in to see if they fixed this and seen several mentions of a fix, is there a link for the info about it?
"
Kirajava wrote:
Checked in to see if they fixed this and seen several mentions of a fix, is there a link for the info about it?

News post from a week ago. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2488708

If that's what they go for then I'm fine with it and can get back to a little bit of playtime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info