Flame Totem Rework

Can't wait for all the melee nerfs cuz you know gotta get them on same lvl as elemental stuff /s
Physical damage? WTF? RIP Flame Totem Chieftain -.-
Just what we need - more totem skills and buffs - finally somebody will use totems instead of those OP melee skills.
Not RIP chieftain... since ascendency rework, Chieftain is more about Physical to fire than fire.

Chieftain gains free full conversion to fire, and the extra physical damage as fire is finally useful ! Ngahamu flame's advance is almost completely useless for pure fire, and mandatory for totem leech (making chieftain weird)

Doing flame totem with the ascendency associated with flame and totems will make more sense than before
Why devs hating chieftains and berserkers so much?
SO who ever bought The ghost flame Totem MTX is basicly cheated out of his money and can say goodbye !
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
Yes, let's have a FLAMETHROWER deal PHYSICAL DAMAGE.

We have had ETHEREAL KNIVES deal PHYSICAL DAMAGE for years. And apparently turning your reflexes to iron doesnt make you completely immobile.

GGG have treated people like drooling idiots for years when it comes to English and very fucking few of us give them any reason to think otherwise.

Iron reflexes makes perfect sense, its like overcoming your gag reflex! Your training your body to not even ATTEMPT to evade attacks just to get punched in the face. every. single. time.

.... I feel like this has revealed too much about me HELP ME INTERNET HELP
The rebalance of flame totem is nice, because it was somehow reduced to a leveling skill, and for endgame any other spell totem or warchief (because weapon scaling) was used. Now I alos hope for a buff for shockwave totem and siege ballista (also better then the other) and maybe some reasons to use the ancestral protector over the warchief.
And obviously buff to consecrated ground makes the Inquisitor quit strong and interesting.. but I guess that goes also for any build with consecrated path
It looks like flame totem will be broken after these changes, hope you guys can find a way to balance it.
Anyway, it's good to know beforehand!
Thanks GGG, keep up the good work!
Flame totem used to be my no-brainer leveling skill for years if I was playing a Templar or a Witch. Just make a bee-line for Ancestral Bond asap and level up to lvl60 before switching to actual build. Just have to drop totems and run through the story.

Now that Storm Brand does everything it did and also does it better, it does need a rework.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info