Flame Totem Rework

Kinda interested in this. Might roll flame totem chieftain if this is good

Flame totem has shit for range. I would love to see GGG buff the shit out of its range.

Something like the range of incinerate or scorching ray for base might be a good start.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
Last edited by dejuvenate on Feb 7, 2019, 8:10:42 AM
oh noes, i'm playing F.T. right now ... the last hurrah i recon.

still, i don't know men, totems need sustain 'cause the more one approaches to lvl90 -> lvl100 the less (actual)totem builds one finds(based on statistics).
people bitch and cry about attention given to totems but unless paired with an op skill, they're rather shit.
RIP flame totem, i'll miss you first starter build :(

pd: this should be a new skill, flame totem only need a little damage buff
"
dejuvenate wrote:
Kinda interested in this. Might roll flame totem chieftain if this is good

Flame totem has shit for range. I would love to see GGG buff the shit out of its range.

Something like the range of incinerate or scorching ray for base might be a good start.

look at the title's background. Your answer is there
I would prefer reworking Flame Totem but keeping his look and theme cuz I like it being shaman-like also physical dmg and healing? It doesn't fit. Divine Totem should be separate skill.
Last edited by kael694 on Feb 7, 2019, 2:31:06 PM
This rework should be a separate skill. If Flame Totem needs numerical or some slight mechanical tweaks then that'd be fine, do those. But overhauling the skill so drastically and adding onto it? No. Murder that idea. Leave its theme alone too.

As far as some sort of Holy Totem goes, doing two of three things would make it balanced: Physical to X conversion, Consecrated Ground, Curse Immunity. All three will guaranteed make it way too powerful even when we factor in the relatively low range.
Why the fuck do you guys have to make every "fire skill" half phys?

How about you spend your time reintroducing the fun stuff you guys removed rather than reworking a trash skill no one enjoys into a worse one...
Well prob i will see a nerf to a GIFTS FROM ABOVE.
I currently use it on my CoC and it TRIGGERS LEVEL 10 CONSECRATE ON CRIT,so not only the ring overall gives massive boost to crit,damage and it will give even more because of the rebalancing of the consecrated ground
Hello everyone,,
I always thought that flame totems should deal some physical damage. Fire burns which disfigures people changing their physical appearance. Plus explosions create shock waves which is kinetic energy. And kinetic energy is can cause physical damage. tech news free netflix This way the Fire totem could finally be supported by added fire damage. I always thought that it was stupid that fire spells could not take advantage of added fire damage because it required you to have some physical damage. Finally this changed.

Good Work GGG!
Last edited by UsherBhai on Feb 13, 2019, 12:18:28 AM
"
UsherBhai wrote:
Hello everyone,,
I always thought that flame totems should deal some physical damage. Fire burns which disfigures people changing their physical appearance.

By this logic, any on-hit damage dealing abilities should deal some physical damage.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info