Path of Exile 3.6.0 will not support Windows XP or Vista

"
harddaysnight wrote:
"
ClickerPro wrote:
"
Achromat1969 wrote:
What a bad decision, instead of giving DX11-users the choice to disable a feature that so many players despise so much that they rather play with an "antique" grafics engine than to endure the shadows, you take away the only way to get rid of them.
The game looks so much better without them, but unforunately with the DX9-engine the games crashes every few minutes on my PC

Nothing on earth looks better without shadows. https://www.amusingplanet.com/2017/04/lahaina-noon-when-shadows-disappear.html
Nothing.
Literally looks like a shit render of a bad video game.

POE looks WAAAY better without the shadows. The game already has too much eye candy. We don't need any more. The shadows are very hard on the eyes, they are distracting, and they make it harder to see things. If I'm forced to have the shadows on, it may well be enough to make me quit playing the game. DX11 is also buggy. GGG needs to fix the bugs and allow us to turn off the shadows, along with turning off a lot of other things.

It's a never ending cycle. Software devs force people to buy new hardware, and hardware companies force people to buy new software. Neither of which is needed. Modern computers are blazing fast. There is no good reason why modern computers and software shouldn't last 20 years or more....except a few spoiled whiny brats want more eye candy. Well fuck them!

You must be a troll, or just simply clueless.
1. If shadows are making things harder to see, get a proper sized monitor (inb4 ''i already use 4k)
2.Software devs don't force nothing. In this day and age where you have plenty of console options, PC has become a premium way to play games, if you don't have the monetary means to keep it up to date, that's on you.
3. Hardware companies (if we are talking about stuff like CPUs,GPUs,mobos e.t.c) don't force you to buy a single software, in fact you find more and more free software that comes along with hardware.
4. Computers are blazing fast not simply because they have X amount gigs of memory or clock speeds, google a difference between ddr3 and 4, or different versions of PCI-E.

Even if we are spoiled whiny brats that want more eye candy, at least we can afford it and don't have to bottom feed by playing games on settings that most people would be ashamed to even look at a picture of, and the best part - there are a whole lot more of us.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Kundarin wrote:
How come people use even Windows 7 still? Microsoft doesn´t support that one anymore. Upgrade.

Win 7 still has a year of support left.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Kundarin wrote:
How come people use even Windows 7 still? Microsoft doesn´t support that one anymore. Upgrade.

Coz the newer windows sucks balls. Xp.. waited all the way till win 7 now since nothing good..

Another parrot that most likely has never ran Windows 10.
I've used every version of Windows starting with 3.1, and Windows 10 is by far the best version out there. A LOT better than Windows 7. Those that say otherwise are just repeating something because they read it online that think it's cool to hate W10.
"
Gulch wrote:
Another parrot that most likely has never ran Windows 10.
I've used every version of Windows starting with 3.1, and Windows 10 is by far the best version out there. A LOT better than Windows 7. Those that say otherwise are just repeating something because they read it online that think it's cool to hate W10.

There are clear reasons why that tablet-oriented windows 8 was horseshit, and 8.1 and 10 have been built on the same base.

But I don't expect you to have any interest in understanding that, so ... have fun with your windows 10, and whatever.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 31, 2019, 10:09:03 PM
Hope this will solve computer frezzing
1 year i have same problem like this
if anyone actually gets upset over this need to rethink their priorities.
"
neorich wrote:

You may want to look into disabling all the different levels of "Power Saving" on the CPU in BIOS.

Had a problem with my computer freezing randomly, ended up getting a whole new rig only to still have the same freezing problems (old hardware went to girlfriend and it was time to upgrade anyway, no biggie). Finally found the cause in CPU power saving modes, deactivated all the power savings there for the different C-states and Halt state and whatnot and haven't had a single freeze since (at least not one related to the CPU, borked disks is another matter)
"
Außenseiter wrote:
Win 10 is a joke, stopping support for win7 will cost GGG at least 30% of playerbase if not half of it.

Windows 10 is 100 times better for games, so does DX11 better than DX9 even on potato PC's, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
"
neorich wrote:

they don't have optimized PoE since 3.0 update doesn't expect they will optimize right now. their priority is to create new MTX for rich people be AFK in cities showing for new players or poor players as their MTXs are beautiful and brilhates. hehehehehe
"
Hallybro wrote:
"
Außenseiter wrote:
Win 10 is a joke, stopping support for win7 will cost GGG at least 30% of playerbase if not half of it.

Windows 10 is 100 times better for games, so does DX11 better than DX9 even on potato PC's, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Except win10 is a technological mess, doesn't add anything to DX11 and brought along DX12 which as big a failure as the OS itself?
Maybe read up on the topic in more sources than one before claiming that barely holding up digital abomination is better than one of the best, stable and user-friendly OS up to date.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info