Path of Exile 3.6.0 will not support Windows XP or Vista

"
Nightrey02 wrote:

no way dx11 is better than dx9 in terms of performance. this is clearly proven by my other post showing FPS difference.

You're delusional, DX11 performance is much better unless you have PC from 2005 with integrated videocard.
"
Hallybro wrote:
"
Nightrey02 wrote:

no way dx11 is better than dx9 in terms of performance. this is clearly proven by my other post showing FPS difference.

You're delusional, DX11 performance is much better unless you have PC from 2005 with integrated videocard.

you're right and all these dudes on the internet talking about that dx9 has better performance than dx11 are wrong. you're completely right.
It's funny when you watch these streamers with NASA PC and even they have FPS drops in a few moments.

all these dudes who talk ''buy a new computer'' give me cancer.

well maybe this update is not bad because I will have more time to play GTA V and other games. hahaha

'' The DirectX 11 version (with shadows) performs much better than the DirectX 9 one did without shadows enabled. '' -- Chris

dx9:

dx11:

????

This is my last post. peace
Last edited by Nightrey02 on Feb 6, 2019, 1:46:45 PM
"
Dzesis wrote:
I used Dx9, cause game ran like shit on Dx11 on particle heavy builds. since I could disable more stuff using Dx9.

7700k + gtx 1080 + game on ssd + 32gb ram = not a potato, but still due to poor optimasation have to run dx9 to run @60

edit: to run stable @60 without weird stutters.

sToP cRyInG bUy A nEw CoMpUtEr Or UpGrAdE oLd OnE
yU cOmPuTeR lOoKs sO bAd CuZ pOe Is OpTiMzEd oK?
Will you fix the DX11 multi-thread crashes for us on Sandy Bridge CPUs before dropping DX9?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a7zc41/ever_wondered_why_your_game_mysteriously_exits_a/

My rig atm: i7-2700k @4.5Ghz, 16G RAM, GTX 1070 6G, 1080P screen.

Before anyone asks "What have you changed, get gud nub". I've replaced: HDD to SSD, SSD to another SSD, Memory, Motherboard, CPU (from i5-2500k to i7-2700k), GPU (1060 to 1070) and a bunch of reinstalls, verifying of files in Steam, cleaning out minimaps folders. Also 48h memtest without fails, with or without overclock etc etc.

If you read the reddit RhysGGG says that the game will store a logfile on each crash, nope, not for me.

PS) I also have a laptop with i7-6820HK and 1070 6G. Never had a crash there with same settings, so this doesn't affect Skylake.
Last edited by rootvik79 on Feb 7, 2019, 3:16:23 PM
It's ok to completely obliterate DX9 but please fix the issues with DX11. I was not happy getting a pricey video card only to find out the FPS is not that good either. The FPS spike range just shows how much garbage is the optimization level for this.
it looks like i will say goodbye to poe bc dx11 is not stabile and i get crashes every 30 seconds or so. well that's maybe a good thing bc poe is addicting
Last edited by Andya34 on May 24, 2022, 5:10:47 PM
I can't wait to see how many players % GGG will lose after removing dx9
Last edited by Nightrey02 on Feb 10, 2019, 6:09:25 PM
At least give us more graphic/shadow options for those with low end machines.

As a player that has been around since beta to not be sure if I will be able to run the next league on my laptop is a sad thought.
Well,

XP and Vista where not used by most users who play videogames today but, considering Microsoft user policy you forcing us to use a nasty, resource leeching, operating system called windows 10 (suposedly win 7 works as well, but newest hardware doesnt gives driver support to it anymore due to Microsoft agressive policy and monopolystic agreements).

With win 10 you have no control of what installs in your computer (no way for a medium user to disable system updates), and tiny control of when it happens. Thats awful for a hardcore player.

Win 10 has embedded codes to: "survey keyboard activity (keylog), control your installed software and control your internet activity, sending permanently reports of your computer to Microsoft, also it uses your computer bandwidth to "share" update packages via p2p to other users LOL.
Despite you disable this "options" on installation, the code (a decade ago it could be called the VIRUS) is still there and you will never be sure its active or not.

So, please GGG programers:

¿Can you direct some of human efforts to provide a native Linux support to play this awesome game on a stable, safe, fast and clean environment?

Regards,
Last edited by Halugar on Feb 15, 2019, 1:45:56 PM
after version 3.6.0
Can 32-bit Games be run on 64-bit systems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info