[3.5] Fossil Farmer (Raider)

Is there a reason to keep using the 7 frenzy charges i have? Or is it better to invest the points in some other nodes?
I don't really need any more life and it is kinda difficult to find decent damage nodes tbh.
Because I went with the Avatar of the Chase (Onslaught gives 20% move speed) ascendancy instead of Avatar of the Slaughter (6 Frenzy charges give 12% move speed), I dropped the extra Frenzy nodes. You will still get Frenzy charges from the Ice Bite gems, but now you have 4 more points to invest elsewhere (like Breath of Rime).

Additionally, Rapid Assault and Avatar of the Chase is a 40% damage increase, versus the 42% damage from 6 Frenzy charges (including Avatar of the Slaughter). Now calculate in the 3 Frenzy charges you gain from Ice Bite and the Avatar of the Chase ascendancy and the damage is 52%.

Instead of taking Breath of Rime (more cold and freeze), you can also look to pick up Spiritual Aid (increases to minion damage also affect you). That's 79% more damage for 11 points (5 from levels, and 6 from dropping frenzy and relocating a jewel). It's 9 points by the shortest route, but by lvl86 you could go this route, and have Breath of Rime at lvl90. Past lvl90 you can pick up more minion damage nodes, or life nodes, or flask effect nodes, or whatever.
Last edited by G4rble on Feb 15, 2019, 10:10:45 AM
"
dileck wrote:
"
Dripepeams wrote:
Most expensive part of this build is rolling the socket colors in chest

Not really that expensive if you just use the two blue sockets craft, should take like 300 max chromes

Around that amount yes. started with 326 an ended with 1. On the last try wtf last shot or i have to buy chromes :)

Switched for gloves to thunderfists
increased shock
5 link for storm call with lvl 18 added lightning
higher evasion.

Char is performing well tested it on harbour bridge while still using the bow passiv tree i level with.
If someone is interested, in how to level, i can post the PoB of it. After leveling you have to respect around 30 points.

I've got a question: I changed from Pathfinder to Raider, but I haven't yet completed the 3rd ascendancy level, now so hard with the farmer build to beat it, any ideas? Could I ran any other gear to complete that?
"
RaislanderUK wrote:
I've got a question: I changed from Pathfinder to Raider, but I haven't yet completed the 3rd ascendancy level, now so hard with the farmer build to beat it, any ideas? Could I ran any other gear to complete that?

Dont you have a friend to help you?
Sure you can use any other gear and skill to complete it. Use a cold skill because the tree is optimized for that and i dont think you want to respec again. :)
Use a totem skill like freezing pulse. So you can keep on running.

Edit: but you need some descent gem levels. lvl 17-18 if 5 or 6 link would be enough i guess.
Last edited by Socratessa on Feb 23, 2019, 10:30:03 AM
Started following your build on a wim and

accidentally 6 linked lol
"
G4rble wrote:
Because I went with the Avatar of the Chase (Onslaught gives 20% move speed) ascendancy instead of Avatar of the Slaughter (6 Frenzy charges give 12% move speed), I dropped the extra Frenzy nodes. You will still get Frenzy charges from the Ice Bite gems, but now you have 4 more points to invest elsewhere (like Breath of Rime).

Additionally, Rapid Assault and Avatar of the Chase is a 40% damage increase, versus the 42% damage from 6 Frenzy charges (including Avatar of the Slaughter). Now calculate in the 3 Frenzy charges you gain from Ice Bite and the Avatar of the Chase ascendancy and the damage is 52%.

Instead of taking Breath of Rime (more cold and freeze), you can also look to pick up Spiritual Aid (increases to minion damage also affect you). That's 79% more damage for 11 points (5 from levels, and 6 from dropping frenzy and relocating a jewel). It's 9 points by the shortest route, but by lvl86 you could go this route, and have Breath of Rime at lvl90. Past lvl90 you can pick up more minion damage nodes, or life nodes, or flask effect nodes, or whatever.

I agree with your thoughts, 25% MORE melee and projectile evasion is huge. However, what about frenzy charges? Also...isn't QOTF a net loss in movement speed with this build? POB shows 8200 evasion...way too low.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 25, 2019, 10:24:57 PM
"

I agree with your thoughts, 25% MORE melee and projectile evasion is huge. However, what about frenzy charges? Also...isn't QOTF a net loss in movement speed with this build? POB shows 8200 evasion...way too low.

I'm still tinkering, so I don't have the perfect blend yet either.

At 91, with QoTF I have 9757 Evasion , and 19267 Evasion with Jade Flask. A chest piece I found comparable is Fox's Fortune, but it still had 1,000 lower evasion, 7% slower move speed, and you lose over 20 cold and lightning resistance each. Now Hyrri's Ire looks good too. 2,000 more evasion than QoTF, but it's still slower and your resistances are all jacked up.

I'm also trying NOT to gain movement speed as Abberath's goes from working, to "OMG I found a bug! Abberath's only works every other screen now" above 160% move speed. ~DOn't forget to factor in your Pantheon. I only use quicksilver to play catch up, not normal movements.

I will say I've made tree adjustments. I dropped Melding in favor of Breath of Rime. I'm just seeing how I like it. What I'll likely end up doing is putting those points in to Celestial Judgement and Celestial Punishment. In another level or two and I pick up the socket above Devotion as well.
This is one of the more interesting Delve Farmer build threads I've come across... it melds together ideas I've seen in other threads.

I agree that Phase Run seems like a definite oversight from this build. Yes, Raider and the uniques give free Phasing, but the real boon from Phase Run is the increased movement speed. At level 20/20 you're getting 49% movespeed, and adding Enhance is an extra 4/8/12% movespeed, since Phase Run gains 1% movespeed every 2% quality.

I'm interested in seeing some hard numbers from you guys that have played with swapping from Daresso to QotF. Some say it's worth it, others disagree. How much extra investment are you guys making to try and make it work?
By the way, the Vorici Calculator says that just Chrome spam or 1 Blue Socket is cheaper than 2 Blue Sockets for recoloring the Daresso's Defiance... on average, it only takes 148-150 chromes instead of 300+... I actually got really lucky and just managed in 2 crafting tries (8 chromes)...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info