[3.5] Fossil Farmer (Raider)

"
Piros wrote:
This is one of the more interesting Delve Farmer build threads I've come across... it melds together ideas I've seen in other threads.

I agree that Phase Run seems like a definite oversight from this build. Yes, Raider and the uniques give free Phasing, but the real boon from Phase Run is the increased movement speed. At level 20/20 you're getting 49% movespeed, and adding Enhance is an extra 4/8/12% movespeed, since Phase Run gains 1% movespeed every 2% quality.

I'm interested in seeing some hard numbers from you guys that have played with swapping from Daresso to QotF. Some say it's worth it, others disagree. How much extra investment are you guys making to try and make it work?

So I got bored yesterday and threw together another Raider in league for about 150c. Granted it's the end of league and everyone's doing their fire sales.

I leveled up as a Rain of Arrows/Herald of Agony until lvl64, and equipped everything, including new lvl 1 gems, minus the Devotos (lvl 67). I easily knocked off the first two labs to pick up Quartz Infusion and Veil of the Avatar. Next I ran some more Blood Aquaducts, and had a friend pull me through the third lab (only 2400 life and Izaro hit me like a truck attempting to solo). At 70 I easily finished off the story line minus Kitava (got help again at Kitava) with the new speed and autobomber running. By level 70 you have every major node in the tree minus life and damage nodes beyond Discipline and Training. 7% life and dual Fire and Lightning Res jewels should be equipped before mapping. In fact, you're autobombing with QoTF at 59, perma-Onslaught/Phase at 61, and cursing at 64. Not many build are complete so low.

I thought about adding Phase Run. Phasing from ascendancy lets you move unhindered, but you can still be seen and hit. Phase Run>Increased Duration>Efficacy in the Dreadbeak is 100% uptime at the cost of Frenzy charges. That's a 12% damage loss for 3 Frenzy charges on a build that works hard to make any damage at all. You would also have to move CWDT>Immortal Call>Shock Nova>Frost Bomb in Devoto's and sacrifice your freeze and shock - which triggers heralds - for 50% more move speed.

I'm not quite sold on the idea. Move speed above 160% makes Abberath's trigger less often (simply read the wiki), which requires more damage and area of effect to clear mobs. Both of which a traditional autobomber does very well, but is slower than this build. A Pathfinder will be faster than a Raider, but will be the worst autobomber ever. So there is a balance to achieve.

What I may end up doing is simply put a 20/23 Phase Run in the chest as an "oh shit! Move!" option. It'll eat the Frenzy charges in exchange for a fast break. Currently I use my Quicksilver for that, but being able to double dip might prove useful.

Last edited by G4rble on Feb 27, 2019, 1:48:24 PM
"
G4rble wrote:
"
Piros wrote:
This is one of the more interesting Delve Farmer build threads I've come across... it melds together ideas I've seen in other threads.

I agree that Phase Run seems like a definite oversight from this build. Yes, Raider and the uniques give free Phasing, but the real boon from Phase Run is the increased movement speed. At level 20/20 you're getting 49% movespeed, and adding Enhance is an extra 4/8/12% movespeed, since Phase Run gains 1% movespeed every 2% quality.

I'm interested in seeing some hard numbers from you guys that have played with swapping from Daresso to QotF. Some say it's worth it, others disagree. How much extra investment are you guys making to try and make it work?

So I got bored yesterday and threw together another Raider in league for about 150c. Granted it's the end of league and everyone's doing their fire sales.

I leveled up as a Rain of Arrows/Herald of Agony until lvl64, and equipped everything, including new lvl 1 gems, minus the Devotos (lvl 67). I easily knocked off the first two labs to pick up Quartz Infusion and Veil of the Avatar. Next I ran some more Blood Aquaducts, and had a friend pull me through the third lab (only 2400 life and Izaro hit me like a truck attempting to solo). At 70 I easily finished off the story line minus Kitava (got help again at Kitava) with the new speed and autobomber running. By level 70 you have every major node in the tree minus life and damage nodes beyond Discipline and Training. 7% life and dual Fire and Lightning Res jewels should be equipped before mapping. In fact, you're autobombing with QoTF at 59, perma-Onslaught/Phase at 61, and cursing at 64. Not many build are complete so low.

I thought about adding Phase Run. Phasing from ascendancy lets you move unhindered, but you can still be seen and hit. Phase Run>Increased Duration>Efficacy in the Dreadbeak is 100% uptime at the cost of Frenzy charges. That's a 12% damage loss for 3 Frenzy charges on a build that works hard to make any damage at all. You would also have to move CWDT>Immortal Call>Shock Nova>Frost Bomb in Devoto's and sacrifice your freeze and shock - which triggers heralds - for 50% more move speed.

I'm not quite sold on the idea. Move speed above 160% makes Abberath's trigger less often (simply read the wiki), which requires more damage and area of effect to clear mobs. Both of which a traditional autobomber does very well, but is slower than this build. A Pathfinder will be faster than a Raider, but will be the worst autobomber ever. So there is a balance to achieve.

What I may end up doing is simply put a 20/23 Phase Run in the chest as an "oh shit! Move!" option. It'll eat the Frenzy charges in exchange for a fast break. Currently I use my Quicksilver for that, but being able to double dip might prove useful.

Now that I was able to repurpose an old ranger I was trying to prep for another delving setup, I see what you mean... popping flasks / Phase Run led to a lot less kills in Blood Aqueduct while I was leveling gems...

I'm trying your setup now, which sounds better, since it cashes in on the cold% more...

I'm still wearing Daresso's Defiance... I see your setup only really makes use of Qotf movespeed while running back to the cart, you said... was the swap for resistances, sacrificing resistance on jewels, and the resulting extra life, worth it?... I see you're resses are only 57/62/67... are you relying on Endurance Charges to cover most of the rest in combat?... getting them up to 69/74/75... (EDIT: Did you go Alira, for crit/mana/resists?... that would explain the low resistance numbers, if the POB just isn't showing that)

I might have gotten antsy and switched the build over early... only level 81 and 3 labs completed...

I think squeezing in a Vaal Blade Vortex in place of regular BV might be worth it for more "bossing" potential, since the Vaal Skill part can't be triggered... another burst of damage to throw out... also, if you get lucky with your 6th socket on your chest, you can throw in a War Banner and reserve your last 10% mana... there's not much need to spend mana in this setup, anyway, and when you would want to, you can throw the banner down, get a big burst of damage, speed and AOE, and by the time you click War Banner and Vaal Blade Vortex, your mana regen should have been enough to throw a Vortex or Storm Call...

Best solution to make that work, is probably the White Socket bench when Vorici is in Research... I just looked into it (never used this league)... and if the socket you care about doesn't turn white, you can rechrome to get your 5L colored again and try again (can't retry while the item has while sockets already, but white socketing doesn't corrupt so rinse/repeat)... then you can swap out Banner for Flame Dash or something, depending on your needs... win/win... but probably a bit expensive...
Last edited by Piros on Feb 28, 2019, 6:27:18 AM
For my resists. I did help Alira, and my current resistances are 54/75 (87)/61 with two 12% fire and lightning resistance jewels. I'm looking for two more (with 7% increased maximum life) which will put me at 75(78)/75(87)/75(85).

I will have flexibility with the 5th socket to look at life/res, or spell damage/cold damage.

At lvl 80 I'm currently at 118% movement speed with QoTF at 10,230 evasion (59%). Stibnite and Jade boost me to 146% movement speed and 27,541 evasion (82%).

On POB, equipping Daresso's shows a 1500 DPS and 24% movement speed gain at the expense of 3200 evasion, -10% evade chance, and -45% total resistances.

Now we could kill Alira, pick up the extra two points, and use them on Survivalist which gives 14% resistances, 3000 evasion, and 5% movement speed. QoTF with flasks is 152% then (up to) 8% for Lunaris is right below the breakpoint for Abbarth's to get glitchy. A 20/20 Phase Run and Quicksilver of Adrenaline boosts you to 260%.

Edit: Reverted and killed all three bandits. Current resistance dropped by 1 across the board (will still be over 75% with 4x 12% fire and lightning jewels), but evasion is now up to 11,785 (was 10,230) and movement speed is now up to 130% (was 118%) by picking up Survivalist node. By lvl 90 I can still grab a 5th socket and Celestial Judgement/Punishment. 91-94 I will spend on Breath of Rime, and anything past that will be around Amplify and maybe Annihilation.
Last edited by G4rble on Feb 28, 2019, 9:04:35 PM
Last edited by Binkyyy on Mar 4, 2019, 12:20:22 PM
I played this build during Betrayal and loved it. Had a ton of fun and made more currency than I ever have before. I'd like to play it again as soon as possible into the new league.

It obviously doesn't make a good league starter due to the cost of gear, but I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas on good Raider league starter builds that could smoothly transition to this build once I've farmed up enough currency for the gear. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Last edited by gumballdad on Mar 5, 2019, 12:39:57 AM
"
Binkyyy wrote:
Great build! loving it so far.
What would be the best upgrades for me?

Why upgrade? This is supposed to be a cost-effective farmer. You checked off all the boxes. So go farm and generate lots of currency.

Here's my latest POB (lvl 93) for anyone interested. Some minor changes.

https://pastebin.com/PF3dzwcB

*You are now less likely to find fossils at depths shallower than 58, and more likely to find fossils at deeper depths.

RIP
"
gumballdad wrote:
*You are now less likely to find fossils at depths shallower than 58, and more likely to find fossils at deeper depths.

RIP

Why RIP?

Previously you were less likely to find fossils at depths shallower than 40. So they bumped it up.

I'm going to run 60-70, with this same build, and still be just fine. I'm even tinkering with a Carcass Jack/Rise of the Phoenix version that takes advantage of some buffs.

Not RIP,...challenge accepted.
Update PoB with the new tree pls, build got cut in half
"
Draw99Gray wrote:
Update PoB with the new tree pls, build got cut in half

Here's mine at 93. No real change except picking up Divine Judgement.

https://pastebin.com/jNmn6yAY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info