[3.5] Fossil Farmer (Raider)

"
G4rble wrote:
Switched CWDT>BV>Inc. AoE> Innervate for more consistent Herald of Thunder procs.

Dropped Avatar of Slaughter and Way of the Poacher for Rapid Assault and Avatar of the Chase. You still have 5 Frenzy charges for added DPS/Attack/Cast speed.

I also swapped Storm Call for Vortex. It's an instant cast with much higher DPS.

May you share your POB pastebin please?

Also, @Peachy178 mentioned using Winter Orb instead of Blade Vortex, What do you think about it? Which would be better?
"
Peachy178 wrote:
My addition to this build is a 4/5 link winter orb, improved my clear speed on nodes by so much

Do you mind sharing your PoB pastebin too? thx
"
"
G4rble wrote:
Switched CWDT>BV>Inc. AoE> Innervate for more consistent Herald of Thunder procs.

Dropped Avatar of Slaughter and Way of the Poacher for Rapid Assault and Avatar of the Chase. You still have 5 Frenzy charges for added DPS/Attack/Cast speed.

I also swapped Storm Call for Vortex. It's an instant cast with much higher DPS.

May you share your POB pastebin please?

Also, @Peachy178 mentioned using Winter Orb instead of Blade Vortex, What do you think about it? Which would be better?

https://pastebin.com/titYQG8x

I'm going back and forth between BV and Shock Nova. BV has good crits for EO, but Shock Nova provides 20% chance to shock (50% total). Shocked enemies take much more dps.

I tried Winter Orb as well, but I don't want to stop to channel or wait for anything other than dynamite. It comes down to play style. You can't really go wrong with either.
After a little messing around, try these gems.

Boots: Increased Crit Strikes>added Lightning>added Cold>Concentrated

EO is permanent thanks to Crit Strike Chance while moving which gives 40% more ele damage. Using Ice Bite or Hypothermia to boots didn't provide anymore dps.

Helm: CWDT>Shock Nova>Innervate>Ice Bite

When hit you gain 50%+ Shock which provides a nice dps boost, and procs Herald of Thunder. Also gain additional 15% chance to freeze to maintain Frenzy charges and give you a short window to get away from what ever hit you.

Sword: CWDT>Immortal Call>Frost Bomb

Additional -25% cold resist and massive regen debuf on enemies. Nearly -70% cold res with Frostbite.

I'm trying to enchant Frost (on kill), Winter (on hit), or Reflection on gloves to see how it works. Typically I like Reflection for the mirror image to distract enemies.
Last edited by G4rble on Feb 1, 2019, 12:57:42 PM
Hi there, loving the look of this build will give it a go.

But need to ask, so in general you think Raider is better and her ascendencys comparing to Pathfinder and flasks boost? Raider quicker and faster, more suitable for this build? Alot of farmers play Pathfinder so just asking ;D Thanks man for sharing this quide.
I have been working on corrupting gear, bought the gloves but landed amulet,weapon and chest myself. Movement speed on amulet and then a good enchant on gloves may be better but going to test these today with double curse.

'

Bricked one Coward's legacy yesterday so still working on a corrupt for that.
Here is my pastebin with winter orb: https://pastebin.com/kbwHSX8U

I only use the winter orb if I am at a node, just afk hold down in the middle or when I am waiting for dynamite to blow up
Absolutely loving this build. I haven't tried to make any money from selling fossils, just using them for crafting for my other character.

I have had appalling luck with my corruptions. Bricked so many items.

Trying to decide which chest is better. I feel there isn't too much difference.

I made some slight adjustments to the gear to increase movement speed. I currently run Syndicate and Blood Aqueducts (in 23"!) while I could still farm Delves should I want.

Jewels are generic resistances/cold damage

My gear above is for maximum movement speed. I am thinking about switching to Movement Implicit Karui Ward.

I also did some very minor changes to my talent tree to get some extra movement speed nodes since I have more levels than the current guide.
Have at my tree here: https://tinyurl.com/yc5959ts

Anything you think I should change for more movement speed without gimping damage too much?

PS: Once again, thank you for this amazing guide! Since, the end of the league is "soon" why not try to min-max everything and invest some more on our farmer? :)
Last edited by Gavlow on Feb 5, 2019, 10:40:33 PM
Don't forget 160% movement speed is the break point when Abberath's stops triggering on every step, and starts triggering on every three or more steps.

Not that big of deal except when you're trying to trigger heralds.

We can also corrupt Lori's with bleeding cannot be inflicted upon you to counter act the vulnerability curse. It requires an ilvl 85 ring or higher, and requires finding 10 to all resistance elsewhere; most likely on a jewel or Survivalist node.
Last edited by G4rble on Feb 6, 2019, 3:27:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info